Does anyone know if mobile hotspotting is now allowed on AT&T without leading to extra cost? I ask bc on my old M7 the function was explicitly disabled, and if you wanted to use it you had to specify it on your plan through the carrier. On the S6 though, the setting is available to be set up, and doesn't even show a warning about your plan being affected if it's switched on. Just curious if anyone knows - this could be the start of me using my tablet in places other than just home.

-# Cheers! #-
    04-26-2015 10:52 PM
    AT&T still has tethering plans, so they still expect you to pay extra. I have no idea whether they'll do anything if you tether without paying.
    Daspoo likes this.
    04-26-2015 11:06 PM
    I think if you are on their mobile share plans then it is included. But it would definitely not allow it if you did not have a plan including the tethering.
    Daspoo likes this.
    04-26-2015 11:41 PM
    Ok thx! I'm still grandfathered unlimited so I guess I should leave well enough alone then.

-# Cheers! #-
    04-26-2015 11:53 PM
    Ok thx! I'm still grandfathered unlimited so I guess I should leave well enough alone then.

-# Cheers! #-
    Yeah definitely. Not sure if this is true, but I have heard that is how they sucker you into losing your grandfathered plans. Basically if you were tethering they will go ahead and do you a favor by changing you to the proper plan, and making it impossible for you to get back to your old plan
    Daspoo likes this.
    04-27-2015 12:21 AM
    Att doesn't allow throttling on their unlimited data plan. You can move to their current offering which has hotspot included.

Verizon does offer unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot addon if you have their legacy unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE data plan,if you need unlimited hotspot. Though you will have to AOL a line if you don't currently have verizon unlimited data.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Daspoo likes this.
    04-27-2015 01:00 AM
    Not sure if it is still the case. You will need 6GB and up shared data plan to get free tethering.
    Daspoo likes this.
    04-27-2015 04:04 AM
    I also have the grandfathered unlimited data and am not about to give it up as well as my discounts.
    04-27-2015 05:41 AM
    AT&T still has tethering plans, so they still expect you to pay extra. I have no idea whether they'll do anything if you tether without paying.
    All the newer plans have tethering with no extra charge. Basically their "Share Plans".
    Daspoo likes this.
    04-27-2015 10:27 AM
    All the newer plans have tethering with no extra charge. Basically their "Share Plans".
    Makes sense. They're quietly encouraging you to tether till your heart's content, which will increase the amount of overall data you will use and the amount of cash you'll pay as a result.

-# Cheers! #-
    04-27-2015 11:29 AM