12-07-2017 08:54 AM
34 12
tools
    I agree with this user, it doesn't seem to be fix for everbody. I've followed the instructions exactly and i stll get that light colored tint on my black wallpaper whenever i set my lockscreen unlocking back to finger print.
    10-13-2015 01:13 AM
    I have the same problem on my edge plus..any solutions?
    12-19-2015 10:22 AM
    To the people that this fix doesn't work for (that included me), I think it might have something to do with either the format, or the resolution of the image involved. I tried multiple images, and for some reason some worked and some didn't.

My solution? Open the wallpaper, screenshot it, try making that your background. It fixed it for me for all the ones that didn't work. It may lower the resolution or quality, but I couldn't notice any difference at all. And it fixed the problem!
    12-22-2015 02:50 PM
    Hi everybody!

It seems to me that the gray overlay is shown over the lockscreen wallpaper depending on the theme you currently have enabled. I'm using a theme called "Cherry" and fingerprint lockscreen, and the image is only slightly darkened, but the gray overlay isn't shown any longer.

Hope it helps somebody at least!
    12-28-2015 08:54 PM
    This is happening on my Nextbook. My wallpaper is not as bright as my regular screen.. Tried everything.. Maybe we just bought lemons?
    08-01-2016 11:22 AM
    I have updated my note 5 to nougat version and now i cant find unlock effect option in my settings menu and that grey filter is there on my lockscreen and homescreen.
    Something wanna suggest, looking forward for a solution
    08-13-2017 07:57 PM
    I just picked up the Pixel 2 from Verizon. Same thing happening here.
    10-23-2017 04:02 PM
    I have updated my note 5 to nougat version and now i cant find unlock effect option in my settings menu and that grey filter is there on my lockscreen and homescreen.
    Something wanna suggest, looking forward for a solution
    The "overlay" either darkening or lightening your background is due to your theme applied. I've had this problem on 7.1.1 and on 8.0.

Currently using an xperia xz premium on 8.0 and noticed it was washing out my mostly black background. Read through here, went into the lock screen settings, and like you found I have no unlock effect option.

I went to check under the Appearance section of settings and decided to see if switching theme would do anything. Was using a "platinum" theme and switched to "black" theme. Locked phone, powered it on, and now instead lightened overlay, I had a darkened overlay. How to get rid of the overlay altogether though, I have no idea outside of using third party themeing software like Substratum or something which will let you customize all aspects of a theme.
    11-09-2017 02:57 PM
    My work around is make a copy of the wallpaper and brighten it. Then use the brighten wallpaper as lock screen wallpaper. This work around isnt perfect tho because the colour of the image appear a little wash out but it is better than a super dim wallpaper.
    12-07-2017 08:54 AM
34 12