So far...is the location of the speaker on the S6. The way I hold my phone I always block the speaker haha. At first I thought the speaker was terrible then I realized if I lift my fingers out of the way it's great!! Haha darn.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-27-2015 03:18 PM
    So are you holding the phone the normal way and using speaker? Also is this while on a phone call or ?
    04-27-2015 03:52 PM
    So far...is the location of the speaker on the S6. The way I hold my phone I always block the speaker haha. At first I thought the speaker was terrible then I realized if I lift my fingers out of the way it's great!! Haha darn.

Posted via Android Central App
    I agree. I thought something was wrong with my phone while watching a YouTube video. My hand was covering up the speaker... Not a great place to put the holes.

J
    04-27-2015 04:00 PM
    The speaker's just plain terrible no matter where they put it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 04:32 PM
    The speaker's just plain terrible no matter where they put it.

I agree but it is better than past iterations. The placement on the bottom of GS6 is better than the back.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-27-2015 05:03 PM
    Well, I haven't had a chance to try out Pandora yet, or iheart radio, but what I heard from ringtones playing or playing the music files I have copied over, I like the sound of the way they play on my S6 edge.

I now can keep the volume at mid range and still hear them fine where as the S5 I had to crank the volume up all the way to get a decent volume.
    04-27-2015 06:14 PM
    I've done that quite a few times myself, trying to teach myself not to rest my finger there was hard at first.
    04-27-2015 06:38 PM
    I agree but it is better than past iterations. The placement on the bottom of GS6 is better than the back.

Note 3 speaker is better

04-28-2015 12:40 AM
    Note 3 speaker is better

That speaker is on the bottom as well -- so not sure how that comes into play. I personally say the S6 has a great speaker.
    cellomj likes this.
    04-28-2015 01:10 AM
    That speaker is on the bottom as well -- so not sure how that comes into play. I personally say the S6 has a great speaker.
    Agree completely. I always thought my wifes 2013 Moto X had a pretty great mono speaker, but the S 6's is a little better. Definitely better than my old LG G3.
    04-28-2015 02:03 AM
    To be honest, once you use a phone with front facing speakers, anything else is just..... Yuck.

Nothing wrong with the S6 speaker, it's just fine in my book. It did take me a day or two to not rest my finger there when playing a game. It's far better than if it was on the back.

04-28-2015 02:49 AM
    I agree. If you have ever had a phone with front facing speakers, it's hard to give it up.
    04-28-2015 03:27 PM
    Am I the only one that doesn't care much for front facing speakers? I previously had the HTC M8 and wasn't *that* impressed with the external audio quality and I must confess, I'm a bit of an audiophile. That said, I use high end earphones if I'm serious about listening to music/movies/gaming.
    04-28-2015 03:41 PM
    Am I the only one that doesn't care much for front facing speakers? I previously had the HTC M8 and wasn't *that* impressed with the external audio quality and I must confess, I'm a bit of an audiophile. That said, I use high end earphones if I'm serious about listening to music/movies/gaming.
    Even though I would like stereo speakers, the M9 don't appeal to me. I also use QC20 headphones.

04-28-2015 03:48 PM
    To be honest, once you use a phone with front facing speakers, anything else is just..... Yuck.

Nothing wrong with the S6 speaker, it's just fine in my book. It did take me a day or two to not rest my finger there when playing a game. It's far better than if it was on the back.

I had the M7/M8 and I am fine with the S6. Just goes to show some may differ in that regard .
    04-28-2015 04:41 PM
    Headphones are often impractical or just too much hassle eg listening whilst doing chores, eating etc. I even use the speakers whilst warming up/stretching before hitting the gym! The HTC One speakers are ridiculously good and very difficult to give up. Youtube trailers come to life
    The S6 speakers will be acceptable to many. They're loud and functional I guess.
    04-28-2015 06:56 PM
    HTC's front speakers are just so good

dreaming of electric sheep
    04-28-2015 11:55 PM