Galaxy S6 Broken Front Glass Cost?

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
OK. So I am officially stupid.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6. The other day, I happened to break the front glass. The LCD is still fine and the phone works, but the glass is all cracked and a little sharp. I was wondering if anyone would know roughly what Samsung will charge to replace this?

I looked around for insurance and was fooled by Insurance2go's 5* reviews. The reviews are all based off their prices. After buying insurance, I find out that their service is terrible. Reports of people getting faulty phones back 5 times in a row, and cases of people receiving fake iPhone's back. Basically, I'm cancelling my insurance as I dare not send my phone to them. So I am not covered.

I must be the stupidest person on these forums right now!

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't be too hard on yourself! We all get taken for a ride every now and then.

I have a friend that works at a repair place and he told me that his company would charge between 100 and 150. That was with a turnaround of 4 hours or less.

I would call around to a few places in your area and see how much they charge and how long it will take to fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I live in Seattle, and there's a company here called Jet City Repair that will fix the broken glass on a Samsung S5 for $149. So, you might find a nearby shop that will fix Samsung devices and get the screen replaced for roughly the same price. I've also read online somewhere that Samsung will replace the broken glass for $199, I believe.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Get Samsung's protection plan. $99 for 2 years, and $ 75 deductible. Up to 3 claims per insured item. This is the route I took.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have had the phone for less then 30 days just get insurance and do a claim a couple days after
That would be insurance fraud. Per the exclusions of the Samsung warranty:

"n. Pre-existing conditions (incurred prior to the effective date of coverage), known to You. "

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That would be insurance fraud. Per the exclusions of the Samsung warranty:

"n. Pre-existing conditions (incurred prior to the effective date of coverage), known to You. "

Your exactly right it is, the sad thing is is that i have had verizon support tell me to do that once for asurion. I was gonna say i dont recommend it but i didnt.

I wonder if something else were to happen or break after the screen cracked and you got insurance would that be covered, technically thats not a preexisting condition at the time of signing up, am i correct?

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Your exactly right it is, the sad thing is is that i have had verizon support tell me to do that once for asurion. I was gonna say i dont recommend it but i didnt.

I wonder if something else were to happen or break after the screen cracked and you got insurance would that be covered, technically thats not a preexisting condition at the time of signing up, am i correct?
It should cover any additional damage occurred. Just not pre existing damage.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Its your conscience. But I promise you, tons of people have gotten new devices this way.

Lots of people commit fraud, illegal activities, immoral conduct, etc.

This is a family oriented site and we do not promote or allow discussion of illegal activities. We don't even allow swearing. In fact, I wouldn't agree be a Moderator of a site that discusses illegal activities, but I do acknowledge that such sites do exist.

With regards to insurance fraud, if get caught, morality aside, you can get jail time. I do agree that many people have done it, and guess what? It hurts the rest of us as insurance providers raise premiums and deductibles.

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Get Samsung's protection plan. $99 for 2 years, and $ 75 deductible. Up to 3 claims per insured item. This is the route I took.

The Samsung plan is a fantastic deal. No question. That said, it does not cover theft or loss, which is why I have Asurion on our phones until the 2 year contract runs out. After that, we drop the insurance since we'll deal with any loss or breakage by upgrading.

Asurion is definitely more expensive (about $7 a month per phone on my plan with my corp discount), but they cover pretty much anything that can happen and are great to deal with. They overnight the phone and sometimes send a later version. They replaced my daughter's iPhone 5 with 5s last year.

Many experts say any plan is not worth the expense on average, but I am guessing those experts do not have a teenage daughter. ;) In the last ten years we have had about a half dozen claims, including claims for lost phones.

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. Thanks for all of your responses. I won't be committing fraud as its not worth the risk for a screen. I've contacted Samsung who can't give me a price for a screen as they aren't currently accepting repairs within the 28 day launch period. Going to a local shop on the market or an unauthorized retailer to repair it will void my warranty. I spoke to the guy at Samsung who said that the glass and the LCD are a single unit, and when asked for a rough idea, he said it will be at least £150 due to it being Gorilla Glass 4 and a QHD screen. Looks like my bank is gonna get hit hard in a few weeks. For now I'll buy a glass screen protector to stop me cutting my fingers, and stop any moisture getting under the screen.

Again, thanks for your inputs guys!

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately, Samsung don't offer this service in the UK. It would have been a god send if they did and I'd have bought that when I got the phone

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

That wouldn't work. The terms and conditions of the insurance contract, usually state that the phone has no faults at the time of purchase. Mine did anyway.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

It could be coincidental damage and might trigger an investigation into the claim and the actual cause. If the broken screen caused something else to happen, that might also not be covered as pre-existing damage may have caused the further fault. Read the terms and conditions of insurance plans
thoroughly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae