OK. So I am officially stupid.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6. The other day, I happened to break the front glass. The LCD is still fine and the phone works, but the glass is all cracked and a little sharp. I was wondering if anyone would know roughly what Samsung will charge to replace this?

I looked around for insurance and was fooled by Insurance2go's 5* reviews. The reviews are all based off their prices. After buying insurance, I find out that their service is terrible. Reports of people getting faulty phones back 5 times in a row, and cases of people receiving fake iPhone's back. Basically, I'm cancelling my insurance as I dare not send my phone to them. So I am not covered.

I must be the stupidest person on these forums right now!
    04-27-2015 05:09 PM
    Don't be too hard on yourself! We all get taken for a ride every now and then.

I have a friend that works at a repair place and he told me that his company would charge between 100 and 150. That was with a turnaround of 4 hours or less.

I would call around to a few places in your area and see how much they charge and how long it will take to fix.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 05:51 PM
    I live in Seattle, and there's a company here called Jet City Repair that will fix the broken glass on a Samsung S5 for $149. So, you might find a nearby shop that will fix Samsung devices and get the screen replaced for roughly the same price. I've also read online somewhere that Samsung will replace the broken glass for $199, I believe.
    04-27-2015 05:52 PM
    Get Samsung's protection plan. $99 for 2 years, and $ 75 deductible. Up to 3 claims per insured item. This is the route I took.

aandrew610 likes this.
    04-27-2015 06:25 PM
    If you have had the phone for less then 30 days just get insurance and do a claim a couple days after
    04-27-2015 06:45 PM
    If you have had the phone for less then 30 days just get insurance and do a claim a couple days after
    That would be insurance fraud. Per the exclusions of the Samsung warranty:

"n. Pre-existing conditions (incurred prior to the effective date of coverage), known to You. "

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    04-27-2015 07:28 PM

"n. Pre-existing conditions (incurred prior to the effective date of coverage), known to You. "

Your exactly right it is, the sad thing is is that i have had verizon support tell me to do that once for asurion. I was gonna say i dont recommend it but i didnt.

I wonder if something else were to happen or break after the screen cracked and you got insurance would that be covered, technically thats not a preexisting condition at the time of signing up, am i correct?
    04-27-2015 08:10 PM
    Its your conscience. But I promise you, tons of people have gotten new devices this way.

04-27-2015 08:26 PM
    Your exactly right it is, the sad thing is is that i have had verizon support tell me to do that once for asurion. I was gonna say i dont recommend it but i didnt.

I wonder if something else were to happen or break after the screen cracked and you got insurance would that be covered, technically thats not a preexisting condition at the time of signing up, am i correct?
    It should cover any additional damage occurred. Just not pre existing damage.

04-27-2015 10:35 PM
    Its your conscience. But I promise you, tons of people have gotten new devices this way.

Lots of people commit fraud, illegal activities, immoral conduct, etc.

This is a family oriented site and we do not promote or allow discussion of illegal activities. We don't even allow swearing. In fact, I wouldn't agree be a Moderator of a site that discusses illegal activities, but I do acknowledge that such sites do exist.

With regards to insurance fraud, if get caught, morality aside, you can get jail time. I do agree that many people have done it, and guess what? It hurts the rest of us as insurance providers raise premiums and deductibles.

claykin, anon(632115) and Lori2448 like this.
    04-27-2015 10:40 PM
    OP, do yourself a favor and call Samsung support so they can guide you to send the phone in for repair. 888-987-HELP
    04-27-2015 10:51 PM
    Get Samsung's protection plan. $99 for 2 years, and $ 75 deductible. Up to 3 claims per insured item. This is the route I took.

The Samsung plan is a fantastic deal. No question. That said, it does not cover theft or loss, which is why I have Asurion on our phones until the 2 year contract runs out. After that, we drop the insurance since we'll deal with any loss or breakage by upgrading.

Asurion is definitely more expensive (about $7 a month per phone on my plan with my corp discount), but they cover pretty much anything that can happen and are great to deal with. They overnight the phone and sometimes send a later version. They replaced my daughter's iPhone 5 with 5s last year.

Many experts say any plan is not worth the expense on average, but I am guessing those experts do not have a teenage daughter. In the last ten years we have had about a half dozen claims, including claims for lost phones.
    04-28-2015 12:15 AM
    Hi guys. Thanks for all of your responses. I won't be committing fraud as its not worth the risk for a screen. I've contacted Samsung who can't give me a price for a screen as they aren't currently accepting repairs within the 28 day launch period. Going to a local shop on the market or an unauthorized retailer to repair it will void my warranty. I spoke to the guy at Samsung who said that the glass and the LCD are a single unit, and when asked for a rough idea, he said it will be at least £150 due to it being Gorilla Glass 4 and a QHD screen. Looks like my bank is gonna get hit hard in a few weeks. For now I'll buy a glass screen protector to stop me cutting my fingers, and stop any moisture getting under the screen.

Again, thanks for your inputs guys!
    05-01-2015 11:03 AM

Unfortunately, Samsung don't offer this service in the UK. It would have been a god send if they did and I'd have bought that when I got the phone
    05-01-2015 11:05 AM

That wouldn't work. The terms and conditions of the insurance contract, usually state that the phone has no faults at the time of purchase. Mine did anyway.
    05-01-2015 11:06 AM
    Please help I need low cost repair
    06-17-2015 09:38 PM
    please help ineed low cost repiar in los angeles area san pedro
    06-17-2015 09:39 PM
    Has anyone used the Samsung plan before?
    06-17-2015 10:11 PM
    please help ineed low cost repiar in los angeles area san pedro
    UbreakIfix in Torrance
    06-18-2015 06:25 AM

It could be coincidental damage and might trigger an investigation into the claim and the actual cause. If the broken screen caused something else to happen, that might also not be covered as pre-existing damage may have caused the further fault. Read the terms and conditions of insurance plans
    thoroughly.
    07-30-2015 01:02 AM
    In my case the glass simply cracked (top left to right, about 1/2" in display area).
    I have the asurion coverage but it's not as if the phone was dropped. I stopped by the Verizonwireless store and the sales person said it's pretty common with the Samsung G6S, so much for that 'Gorilla Glass' SMH
    Rather disappointing, next time I'll probably be looking for another manufacture!
    11-20-2015 10:38 AM
    It's not common for the screen to just crack. These phones are much more durable than most people realize. Face it, the phone was dropped, sat on, pinched between, something dropped on it, etc.
    11-20-2015 11:22 AM
    In Vancouver BC, I have been quoted $260 - $300. I was having so many problems with the bluetooth on this *&(#^*&^#$ing thing that I ordered a chinese knockoff superphone with almost the same stats for $100
    preme90 likes this.
    12-08-2015 04:43 PM
    Don't be too hard on yourself! We all get taken for a ride every now and then.

I have a friend that works at a repair place and he told me that his company would charge between 100 and 150. That was with a turnaround of 4 hours or less.

I would call around to a few places in your area and see how much they charge and how long it will take to fix.

Can you call me wanna know if i can fix my s 6 screen
    05-24-2016 01:37 PM
    I've had my phone for over 2 months I just broke the glass the touch screen doesn't seem to work properly I had a glass screen protector on my phone which is in perfect shape no bubbles no Nicks or scratches but then under it somehow the LCD screen got cracked.... the thing was in mint shape but I dropped it once
    06-26-2016 12:22 PM