Hi all!

Anyone knows if the GPU chip found in the International version of the Samsung Galaxy S6, is exactly the same found in the US release of the Samsung Galaxy S6?

If not, it'd had to be bought in the US (it's for Gear VR usage and afaik the US phones are the ones which the new Gear VR release (May 8th) will aim for).

Cheers!
    04-27-2015 07:11 PM
    Hi all!

Anyone knows if the GPU chip found in the International version of the Samsung Galaxy S6, is exactly the same found in the US release of the Samsung Galaxy S6?

If not, it'd had to be bought in the US (it's for Gear VR usage and afaik the US phones are the ones which the new Gear VR release (May 8th) will aim for).

Cheers!
    As far as I know, it is.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-27-2015 07:30 PM
    The only variant that supposedly has anything get different from any variant us or international is the vzw and sprint variants and that's just because of the CDMA modems other than that they all are supposedly identical.
    04-28-2015 03:57 AM
    The only variant that supposedly has anything get different from any variant us or international is the vzw and sprint variants and that's just because of the CDMA modems other than that they all are supposedly identical.
    Other than that there ain't no difference.

I can double confirm this as I've spoke to a friend who got bought verizon and international version. Besides the modem and some differences in terms of apps pre-installed there isn't any difference.
    04-28-2015 04:00 AM
    The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 utilizes the Qualcomm MDM9653M multi-mode baseband processor which includes lte, cdma, and gsm radios.

Also keep in mind that usa model might not support all the bands that your country needs

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    04-28-2015 06:41 AM