Getting LAG on Twitter APP

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Since installing the app on my GS6, I've noticed that scrolling isn't particularly smooth, there's a fair amount of stutter. If that's what you mean by "lag" then I'm experiencing it too. Haven't come across a solution yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Try activating the Developer Options Hidden menu (Pressing Build number in About devices 7-8 times) then go to Developer options and change Windows, Transition and Animator duration scale options from 1.0x to .5x or 0, and see if that helps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe it is the app as I don't have an issue in other apps. Something about how twitter handles the loading + scrolling.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Try activating the Developer Options Hidden menu (Pressing Build number in About devices 7-8 times) then go to Developer options and change Windows, Transition and Animator duration scale options from 1.0x to .5x or 0, and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but since the jitters are confined only to the Twitter app so far, I'd prefer not to make any global changes that might affect the behavior of other apps. Like others have posted, anything else I have installed which scrolls does so quite smoothly.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, but since the jitters are confined only to the Twitter app so far, I'd prefer not to make any global changes that might affect the behavior of other apps. Like others have posted, anything else I have installed which scrolls does so quite smoothly.

I understand your concern but believe me there's not a single negative side effect of doing this but the contrary, this will make your phone faster scrolling and transitioning between apps and screens, and as it has been in the past Galaxies and LG phones doing this in fact had helped a lot of people that have perceived lag or stutter in the UI and some apps in general on Samsung and LG devices.

Plus, doing this is nothing permanent, if it doesn't help, then you can always go back and set it as it was before.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I understand your concern but believe me there's not a single negative side effect of doing this but the contrary, this will make your phone faster scrolling and transitioning between apps and screens, and as it has been in the past Galaxies and LG phones doing this in fact had helped a lot of people that have perceived lag or stutter in the UI and some apps in general on Samsung and LG devices.

Plus, doing this is nothing permanent, if it doesn't help, then you can always go back and set it as it was before.

So, the one downside I found (turning animations completely off) was that the pulldown menu from the top has a harder time responding to your finger pull, and it bounces back up to the top fairly often.

Last edited:

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

All good points, I was just reluctant to dive into unfamiliar menus, but you logically talked me into experimenting. :D

The recommended adjustments unfortunately didn't seem to have any effect on the Twitter jitters. Scrolling through tweets still yields pronounced albeit brief freezes with no perceptible difference between default and modified scale settings. I may have to crawl through the Twitter support forum for similar reports and additional ideas.

FWIW I did ensure the Lookout AV app as was disabled (suggested in another thread), also with no effect.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
All good points, I was just reluctant to dive into unfamiliar menus, but you logically talked me into experimenting. :D

The recommended adjustments unfortunately didn't seem to have any effect on the Twitter jitters. Scrolling through tweets still yields pronounced albeit brief freezes with no perceptible difference between default and modified scale settings. I may have to crawl through the Twitter support forum for similar reports and additional ideas.

FWIW I did ensure the Lookout AV app as was disabled (suggested in another thread), also with no effect.

Ok great, at least you try it, now you know that's not that for sure and can keep looking for another fix, plus now you have Unlocked the Developer options menu and there are a couple of things that are of interest and can help you in the future like USB debugging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674