Cell Stand By Fix
    Clean up TouchWiz some more
    Uninstall not just disable any app
    Screen lock time adjustment
    Download booster
    Add shortcuts to lockscreen
    Airview
    04-27-2015 09:31 PM
    There are a lot of issues affecting a lot of people. You have some that have no issues what so ever. But a lot of us have n T-Mobile are affected by this battery drain. I don't feel I should have to turn off anything that should be standard in order to get a full day use out of the phone. I don't feel that 8 hours off the charger as the average I see is acceptable. You can agree, disagree or fan boy about the situation, but this needs to be fixed. Every other carrier is getting like 15 hours standby with 5-8 hours of usage. So until they fix the wifi/battery issue I have to continue to use my iPhone. I am glad I didn't use it for jump now. I'll give it until the rest of the 14 days for the update, but if it's not fixed I don't see me settling for a gimped device.
    Inders99 and Shon123 like this.
    04-27-2015 09:47 PM
    My list is pretty short, currently -- restoring OkGoogle from any screen functionality is the #1 priority.
    04-27-2015 09:55 PM
    I read that taking out ok Google from anywhere was a google thing with the latest update. Not something that Samsung disabled. So hopefully Google changes their mind on this.
    04-27-2015 10:02 PM
    Ok, Google
    Wrap-around screens and apps menu
    Whatever is making Bluetooth wonky sometimes
    Screen blinking on and off sometimes after I plug into a regular (non-Fast) charger.
    Get rid of stupid Flipboard screen (and Magazine UX on my tablet while they're at it, geez who wanted this junk?)
    04-27-2015 10:11 PM
    I'd like to see everyone with battery drain issues get that fixed. Then fix my screen sensitivity issue and I'd be a happy camper.
    What's wrong with the lock screen timeout? Need more options?
    04-27-2015 10:20 PM
    There are a lot of issues affecting a lot of people. You have some that have no issues what so ever. But a lot of us have n T-Mobile are affected by this battery drain. I don't feel I should have to turn off anything that should be standard in order to get a full day use out of the phone. I don't feel that 8 hours off the charger as the average I see is acceptable. You can agree, disagree or fan boy about the situation, but this needs to be fixed. Every other carrier is getting like 15 hours standby with 5-8 hours of usage. So until they fix the wifi/battery issue I have to continue to use my iPhone. I am glad I didn't use it for jump now. I'll give it until the rest of the 14 days for the update, but if it's not fixed I don't see me settling for a gimped device.
    Looks like your not getting any phone this year as this is mostly a Google issue with lollipop bugs and you can get the same results with any phone on lollipop.
    (not saying that T-Mobile is not at fault in a small way, but they are just dealing with problems of lollipop and may not be able to fix it)

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 11:44 PM
    1. Fix battery drain issues.

2. Allow images to auto rotate in gallery.

3. Change the auto brightness so that it transitions smoothly rather than instantly flicking up or down.

4. Fix reception issues. My phone usually goes to 3G at home where other phones I've owned would have a few bars of 4G.

5. Allow more Samsung apps to be uninstalled or disabled.

6. Allow the removal of the 'S Finder' and 'Quick Connect' from the notification pull down.

7. More improvements to Touchwiz. I don't like the idea of downloading and installing 3rd party apps but I really don't like TW as it is.

8. Finally, please fix up the stutter/UI inconsistencies. Improve framerates, remove random lag that seems to occur.

Other than that, all good.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    04-27-2015 11:45 PM
    Looks like your not getting any phone this year as this is mostly a Google issue with lollipop bugs and you can get the same results with any phone on lollipop.
    (not saying that T-Mobile is not at fault in a small way, but they are just dealing with problems of lollipop and may not be able to fix it)

Apparently, like most people here, you didn't read the post before responding. I said there were people on other carriers getting acceptable battery life with this phone. You assumed that it was the native battery leak from lollipop I was referring to. This is a T-Mobile issue from the research I have done. They need to solve this with whatever software modifications they made that other carriers did not.
    04-27-2015 11:56 PM
    Hero, my gallery rotates images. Most don't have stutter issues as well. I'm afraid you might have a defective phone. I'm sorry my friend.

04-27-2015 11:57 PM
    Apparently, like most people here, you didn't read the post before responding. I said there were people on other carriers getting acceptable battery life with this phone. You assumed that it was the native battery leak from lollipop I was referring to. This is a T-Mobile issue from the research I have done. They need to solve this with whatever software modifications they made that other carriers did not.
    Apparently like most people here you haven't searched enough , cell stand by and battery drain affects everyone unlike some people like you keep saying its T-Mobile specific. Probably bunch of people reply to this I'm on so and so carrier and don't have this issue. Guess what there are lots of T-Mobile folks as well that say the same.
    04-28-2015 12:06 AM
    I'm not on T mobile. I have tons of battery drain.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
    04-28-2015 01:53 AM
    Hero, my gallery rotates images. Most don't have stutter issues as well. I'm afraid you might have a defective phone. I'm sorry my friend.

No Australian stock doesn't have auto rotate for the gallery. I've looked into it and it's supposedly some legal issue with Samsung and Apple.

Still sucks as I have to use a third party gallery app. Problem is that when you're on the camera and press the gallery, it goes to Samsung's gallery app by default.

I know it might not be Samsung's fault or something they can even do anything about, but that's something I would have liked changed.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    04-28-2015 03:59 AM
    I have battery drain....sometimes.... And sometimes it seems OK. I can deal with having to charge it, and I am enjoying the phone regardless, but I would like to see a little consistency. WiFi on/off, location on/off, or uninstalling apps, hasn't really pinpointed anything for me so that may be the only real fix I would need. I've been using a launcher, but haven't minded going back to TW. I think the stock icons could use a little work, but that doesn't change the phone experience for me. Oh, and maybe being able to add weather to the lock screen without having to use the Samsung weather widget.

04-28-2015 04:16 AM
    No Australian stock doesn't have auto rotate for the gallery. I've looked into it and it's supposedly some legal issue with Samsung and Apple.

Still sucks as I have to use a third party gallery app. Problem is that when you're on the camera and press the gallery, it goes to Samsung's gallery app by default.

I know it might not be Samsung's fault or something they can even do anything about, but that's something I would have liked changed.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    I see. Yeah, in the US we have some issues like this with Apple too.

04-28-2015 05:02 AM
    If the Edge can have multiple color notifications, then why not make them available on the LED notifications on the GS6?
    04-28-2015 05:29 AM
    Smart Manager on all carriers.
    04-28-2015 05:43 AM
    While others have chimed in to defend my words, I would still like to give you my thoughts and a reply.

The problem with lollipop is that even today most don't understand what the bugs are and how to avoid them. In the beginning, it wasn't even known who was responsible for such bugs and how to deal with them.

While I didn't follow the nexus 6 that closely in the beginning, I have followed the Nvidia shield tablet from the beginning on KitKat, and to today on lollipop. Since it got lollipop faster than most nexus devices, people on the forums also blamed Nvidia just like some here are blaming Samsung.

The more that users posted issues like faster than normal battery drain, the more they blamed Nvidia for messing up.

But like the nexus 6 and the Nvidia shield tablet, the problem today is not that only that some are affected, but really all phones and tablets are affected. And like the other products, the S6 is definitely affected and it's not just some, but all of them. But you say that some get great SoT and standby? That's right. Just like my phone, I get great SoT and standby. But that doesn't mean that I'm not affected. I still get high cell standby if I'm on 5ghz wifi. Yet still get great numbers.

So why are you so affected and not me? Well that's a complicated issue. While I might be affected in some ways with everything turned on to the max. Others aren't because they may have turned some things off or they aren't dealing with some of the same technology that I am.

With you, you are affected in more than just one issue and this starts with your wifi and ends with your carrier. But again you in particular are dealing with probably 4 issues and there is no guarantee that battery life will be better on a new device. (maybe with a new device you'll only have 2 issues now, but in your case with limited info you're almost guaranteed to have some issues... And if you stay on T-Mobile and they don't fix their bugs, then who is to say you'll have any luck this year)

Only after all this, yes, T-Mobile (as well as all the other carriers in the US) has some possible issues on top of lollipop that may be aggravating the issues. I've repeated this time and time again, even with my conversation with Phil in this forum.

But mark my words, getting a different phone may help tremendously or may be the same or worse than what you have now. It's one of the things that I'm sure Phil misunderstood when I spoke to him. So when I said that today you have to buy a phone that works for you, I wasn't talking about features or screen size that might appeal to you, but to buy a phone that woks and doesn't have issues that you have right now. For you that could be the new G4. But then again, who is to say that the G4 might not be even worse for you too?

The problem with lollipop is not that it has bugs, but that when it comes to lollipop, you may have to be really lucky and win the lollipop lottery to not be affected.

So with all this said, the real question is "do you want to not get a phone this year or make a few tweaks that will minimize the bugs to almost nothing?"

If you're expecting most Android writers to speak honestly about such issues, and not diss the S6 for horrible battery life... Well I wouldn't hold my breath.

This is not a Samsung issue. This is not a T-Mobile issue besides some minor bugs that may aggravate your issues. It is Google that messed up badly and any phone you buy this year may be affected as much as what you have now or worse.

The best of luck to you in what ever you do.

04-28-2015 07:28 AM
    Battery drain is frustrating, for sure, but warpdrive is right, it's likely a Lollipop issue. T-Mobile has had its fair share of drain complaints (me included) but all the carriers seem to have been affected and many phones being 'upgraded' to Lollipop get drain where they were fine before so it's not just an S6 or a T-Mobile thing. That said, some phones clearly don't have the drain but there is no reason that can be pinpointed (different cell reception, different WiFi networks, different apps, who knows...). Google needs to fix it!

On my wishlist (besides the battery drain fix!) would be to make the edge features more useful.
    04-28-2015 07:47 AM
    Smart Manager on all carriers.
    OMG, why would you want such a horrible thing? You are taking about Clean Master, right?

04-28-2015 07:51 AM
    My main complaint is Google Play Music will not playback from where it was paused when playing through bluetooth in my car. If I pause it, go to FM Radio, then come back, it starts the song over. If I shut off the car, come back 2 minutes later, it starts the song over. This never happened on my S4. Would love this to be fixed!
    04-28-2015 08:04 AM
    All battery draining bugs eliminated

Google Play Music doesn't like to go away
    App Ops-custom permissions per app
    Uninstall more 3rd party bloat and at least be able to disable more Samsung bloat
    Better alarm clock
    More options for the app drawer like hide apps, show downloaded only, more sort options, etc.
    Return of the Data toggle
    Shon123 likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:16 AM
    1. I want Lollipop to finally be stable. There's memory leak issues, cell standby issues, and WiFi issues that need to be addressed.

2. Speaking of memory, the management on the S6 needs to be improved. It's not just the leaking from Lollipop that's the issue.

3. There's a very occasional hiccup on the keyboards (even Google) that I could do without.

4. The transition from the camera to the gallery could be better, especially when you launch the camera from a locked screen. Also, going back from the camera to the lock screen in that situation could be smoother.

5. WiFi scanning should be off by default going forward. It's not necessary that it's on by default and it's a battery drain.

6. Eliminate Flipboard and use Google Now as an optional left screen.

7. Optimize Chrome. It's important that their stock browser performs well on their own device, and Chrome already does, but it could be better. This goes hand in hand with the memory issues I referenced earlier.

8. Any further battery optimizations would always be welcome. A lot of it will be addressed with newer Lollipop builds.

And some of you say all I do is defend this thing.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    04-28-2015 01:37 PM
    BATTERY LIFE!!!! I had an iPhone 5s as my work phone at my old job and the battery life was superb!!! I could leave it off the charger with the battery at 100% and wake up with it at 100 - 99%. Google needs to figure out how to offer better battery life with the OS updates. The fact that most people have to turn WiFi, Bluetooth, and other features off just to get more out of the battery is crazy!! I want to be able to enjoy all of these features like I was able to with my iPhone. Most of us have grown accustomed to this but improvements are needed!
    04-28-2015 02:24 PM
    Restore the Mobile Data quick toggle button. Useful when traveling and you want keep all the apps from sucking up your pricey data. Another feature inexplicably missing for no good reason
    04-28-2015 05:29 PM