05-01-2015 03:24 PM
27 12
tools
    But mine was actually ok overnight I think. Cell standby is still pretty big but only lost like 2-3% overnight. My problem is when I'm using the phone to browse twitter or something I actually lose 1% about every 3-5 minutes of use. This can't be normal right?
    04-28-2015 11:06 AM
    But mine was actually ok overnight I think. Cell standby is still pretty big but only lost like 2-3% overnight. My problem is when I'm using the phone to browse twitter or something I actually lose 1% about every 3-5 minutes of use. This can't be normal right?
    If you lost 1% every 5 minutes .. You would lose 12% per hour. That sounds about right .. screen on + using data.
    Jackson Fischer likes this.
    04-28-2015 11:14 AM
    Forgot to mention I've been on WiFi the whole time of that matter. I'm not sure how to post pictures on this site to show the screenshots
    04-28-2015 11:16 AM
    LTE and WiFi can use the same drain .. unless it is a weak LTE signal (then it would drain more).
    04-28-2015 11:17 AM
    Well it just died on me for the first time so charging it back up. Battery life was at about 16 hours but on screen time was 3 and a half. Cell standby was at 41%(really hope they fix that) android os was at 22% and screen was at 7%. There were only 3 other apps all which were at 5% or below. I had my brightness turned almost all the way down. Also seemed a little warm all the time but I don't have a case for it unlike my other s4 and my s4 got ridiculously hot. I had a battery temperature monitor which said my average temperature was 82 Fahrenheit and highest was 95.

It was closer to every 3 minutes by the way if that makes a difference
    04-28-2015 11:28 AM
    If you loose 1% every 3 minutes while using phone for whatever that's 5 hours screen on time.
    That's not bad at all if that's while your using phone . If that's not while using phone then that's a problem.
    04-28-2015 11:45 AM
    So don't rush back and exchange it then lol? Like I said the screen on time was only at 3 and a half hours though
    04-28-2015 11:50 AM
    So don't rush back and exchange it then lol? Like I said the screen on time was only at 3 and a half hours though
    Sounds normal for me. That's typically what I get.
    04-28-2015 12:34 PM
    alright then ill see how it goes. im looking forward to that zerolemon battery case when it comes out again. side note my cell standby was at 8% at 4 so i turned off wifi and now its still at 8% something needs to be done about that quickly to get a good read on the battery i think. i use my phone for golf gps as well have yet to try it on that. my s4 was awful at that. i share data with 2 other people so sorta need wifi when im at home
    04-28-2015 11:04 PM
    and google play serices is popping up high as well now. ive diasble basically all google appas except for google play services itself cause i didnt think that would be a good idea. where do i go to solve this issue now lol?
    04-28-2015 11:12 PM
    and google play serices is popping up high as well now. ive diasble basically all google appas except for google play services itself cause i didnt think that would be a good idea. where do i go to solve this issue now lol?
    I don't think you can solve it without Google updating there software. I'm in same boat as you . Other than disabling the google play services I don't think there is anything else we can do on our end to stop it from eating battery.
    I've tweaked every setting possible on this phone . On wifi I high cell standby . Off wifi I don't . And google play services is always up there too. But besides that I still get better Battery life than my s5 did. So I can only imagine how great my battery life will be if they ever fix these things.
    04-28-2015 11:53 PM
    alrighty then. i did just read something on reddit about the standby issue that some people had success with on verizon. they actually turned on advanced calling since its free and restartedd the phone and standby issue was much less. i just turned it on and restarted myself just to see. ill know more when i charge it up again
    04-28-2015 11:59 PM
    It doesn't make any difference for me with advanced calling on or off. The only time I ever see cell standby in my battery usage list is with wifi on. And no matter what else I do there's no way to get rid of it other than turning wifi off. I was away from home for 4 days and never used wifi and I never once seen cell standby. The second I got home I charged my phone and turned on wifi and it's been the second highest in my battery usage list . It's a glitch a bug or its adding something else in with cell standby to make it so high on the list when wifi is on. My battery is still reasonable with wifi on but it does make the battery drain faster than usual. I just don't use wifi unless I have to anymore until they fix it. I know some people rely on wifi on a daily basis and it makes it difficult for some.
    Here's to hoping they fix the issue soon.
    04-29-2015 12:45 AM
    agreed. im just hoping they know about the issue so they can fix it soon. id think they would but who knows
    04-29-2015 01:04 AM
    After some playing with the settings, I ended up clearing the data from Google Play Services and tested it for one day.

On WiFi use, Google Play Services was essentially non-existent. On LTE though, play services becomes a complete battery pig. Now sure where to go from here besides wait for an update.
    04-29-2015 02:37 AM
    I haven't had wifi on at all this morning and cell standby keeps climbing. Samsung needs a fix for this asap I think
    04-29-2015 08:31 AM
    Can someone tell me how to post pictures on here? Don't see an option on my phone
    04-29-2015 04:38 PM
    Can someone tell me how to post pictures on here? Don't see an option on my phone
    If using the app, it's the paper clip.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-29-2015 04:51 PM
    Here's some pictures. I think everything is alright right? I didn't watch many videos or anything. Not sure about the cell standby being so big but on gsam cell radio is low. About 5 hours of screen time with really no video watching is good?

Attached Thumbnails yes another battery question-366.jpg   yes another battery question-365.jpg   yes another battery question-364.jpg   yes another battery question-363.jpg   yes another battery question-362.jpg  

04-30-2015 08:03 PM
    Here's some pictures. I think everything is alright right? I didn't watch many videos or anything. Not sure about the cell standby being so big but on gsam cell radio is low. About 5 hours of screen time with really no video watching is good?

That is beyond amazing and you should be extremely happy. I know I would.

04-30-2015 08:08 PM

Some people would probably kill for that amount of screen time...its good
    04-30-2015 08:28 PM
    Cool thanks for the help. Maybe I just didn't watch my old phones battery. Think I had the % turned off so when I could physically see the battery going down when I used it for like 3-5 had me worried is all lol.

04-30-2015 08:32 PM
    I'd also like to point out for anyone wondering my brightness is low as well. First phone where I haven't used auto now whenever I turn brightness up it looks ridiculously bright. I turn it up to a little less than half if I'm in the sun. I was inside most of this charge

Attached Thumbnails yes another battery question-367.jpg  
    04-30-2015 09:02 PM
    I'd also like to point out for anyone wondering my brightness is low as well. First phone where I haven't used auto now whenever I turn brightness up it looks ridiculously bright. I turn it up to a little less than half if I'm in the sun. I was inside most of this charge

I figured that it was ultra low. But your fine, really. Enjoy your phone.

04-30-2015 09:12 PM
    It's actually still very easy to read. Maybe it's just this screen but I like it lol. Now we wait on the Samsung fix for cell standby. Keyboard seems to lag sometimes and not pick up letters as well but whtever

04-30-2015 09:55 PM
27 12