02-12-2019 02:24 PM
63 123
tools
    Sometimes it bothers me too when I get a text or email and my audio is suddenly cut off or stopped for a few seconds to let the message through. But I guess it's just something we need to get used to. I get what you mean: sometimes it's an unimportant email or text and you're thinking, "Why did my music need to stop just so I could get that?" but alas, I feel like that is the case for most phones across the board.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2016 09:53 AM
    Yes it's just stupid why push a usser to having to use it..In the past before lollipop this never happend the sound of the notification whas hearable.It mixed true the music why not leave it that way and give the option to switch this interrupting problem for most on..Don't make sense..

Edit:I just found this app called tasker should do the job tryed this but still no succes ->>>

It only shuts notifications off when opening or ussing a app i want it mixed not shut off because of my time alarm notification on my stronglift app damnit..
    Maharaj586 likes this.
    07-10-2016 01:34 PM
    I was always annoyed when the music faded away on my ipad because of a notification, never had this problem on Windows Phone! One week ago I switched over to a new Moto G4 Plus and also here this annoying fading away of the music!

I'll try out the "Don't Pause!" app but really thinking about just using my old Windows Phone just for streaming music to my car so I won't get buggered with this music fade ish....
    08-05-2016 02:47 AM
    Me too I have a Lenovo phone and with android 6 and even before that and this notifocation behaviour is so annoying it is crazy why they still use it. I watch a lot of news and information on youtube and i miss a lot of the talk and worst is that i have all notification to silent. i do not want to use do not disturb as i want to receive calls. this is very counter productive sometimes i feel android os developers are not living in real world, they come up with strange things that the average person do not want. like with the notification linked with ringing volume in the previous versions of android.
    gevans416 and Maharaj586 like this.
    11-29-2016 01:03 PM
    This is a perfect example of when a consumer thinks that they know what they want and doesn't understand the consequences of their wants.

Alerts such as texts and emails are far more important than some podcast or music playback and if done the way he asks would miss important messages because the podcast didn't allow him to hear the alert and would then come here and complain. Next thing you know he'll ask why a incoming phone call should override and interrupt his game or podcast.

I mean no disrespect to the author of this thread, but this is normal with all of the phones I've used and even if there was a switch to active such a request I'm telling you this person would then complain about missing his notifications or that his Lady Gaga text alert is playing the whole length of the alert interrupting his podcast.

I am in no way saying that there aren't people who would want this to happen his way. It's just that being the 1% of the public, he's grossly out voted.
    By this logic, it would be unethical or immoral for an Android user to turn their phone off or leave it in their house while they're doing yard work or to silence notifications while at a concert. This little-cog-on-a-big-wheel mentality that demands constant integration with the collective is evidenced by the the assertion of the position being from the 1% and "grossly out-voted'.
    I hope people recognize that that logic is nonsense.
    Maharaj586 likes this.
    01-17-2017 09:30 AM
    I've done that. It turns the volume of the notification way down but Android still silences my music or podcast for 2 seconds so I can't hear anything while the now-quiet notification plays.
    gevans416 likes this.
    01-17-2017 09:45 AM
    I'm relieved to hear that there are other people who have this problem . My volume also drops for notifications, why I do not know. But the annoying thing is half the time the volume won't ever go back up until I restart the phone. My main question is why anyone would want the volume to drop. But I'll never figure that out. I just really wish they would fix the problem in an up coming update. My last phone was a BlackBerry and it was bullet proof and never fooled with my volume without my manipulation of the volume control. That is definitely something I'm missing right now. I don't like apple phones but this volume issue might be the deal breaker to push me to the one size fits all iPhone...
    Maharaj586 likes this.
    06-15-2017 04:22 PM
    I'm relieved to hear that there are other people who have this problem . My volume also drops for notifications, why I do not know. But the annoying thing is half the time the volume won't ever go back up until I restart the phone. My main question is why anyone would want the volume to drop. But I'll never figure that out. I just really wish they would fix the problem in an up coming update. My last phone was a BlackBerry and it was bullet proof and never fooled with my volume without my manipulation of the volume control. That is definitely something I'm missing right now. I don't like apple phones but this volume issue might be the deal breaker to push me to the one size fits all iPhone...
    Yes, I have this exact same problem while watching videos... it interrupts the audio but the video keeps on playing, and I end up trying to get back to that spot to see what I missed. It's so annoying! If it's a phone call, the video stops. And I don't want to go into DND mode and miss phone calls, which aren't the problem, anyway! There's GOT to be a better solution out there than going into Do Not Disturb mode. Why can't there be a way to set the alerts to mix with the other audio, instead of disturbing it? Turn down the alert, not the other audio!
    Maharaj586 and Nevitac like this.
    11-30-2017 09:54 AM
    When I listen to music on my S6, I put the phone on vibrate. It doesn't interrupt the audio but I hear or feel the phone vibrate and the blue light flashes when I have a message. Works for me.😁
    Nevitac likes this.
    12-01-2017 10:49 AM
    I am so glad to see others feel as strongly annoyed as I from these annoying software tyrants dictating their one very narrow and most annoying and really preschool thinking. My Android Galaxy Note 3 also stupidly stops my music, which I enjoy immensely, to play an alert then pauses more before playing my music again! Eeeerrr ..! Provide an option to play alerts softly over music. Is that so difficult to comprehend? To think through these things as what the audience would want rather than taking the cheap path, seems NOT to be the MO of these particular developers ... or maybe it's managers or PMs making these stupid calls. The bells and whistles of late are so lame. Windows 7 was great. Then comes a dumbed down metro design with lots of flash but no substance. And Android spell checker ... pathetic! I will now step off my soap box. ...
    Nevitac likes this.
    06-15-2018 04:04 PM
    Hey,

Had this same issue, at least with audio, I seem to have found a fix.
    The trick's with the player you're using. Been using Rocket Player for music, and it has a feature to prevent notifications from pausing your audio. So I'd suggest getting a good third party music player. Should be the same deal for video. I believe like someone mentioned before, VLC has the feature to disable notification mute-outs.

Hope this helps

And now that that's over with:
    1. Shut the damn pseudo-superior hate. People have their own preferences. Calling them asinine or ridiculous doesn't answer their query. So help if you can, or leave the and rant on another thread.
    2. Even if I had a spare kidney, I wouldn't waste money on trash like an iPhone. And this is Android Central, kids. Take your asinine blind faith in the God of Out-of-the-box Bricked Phones and find an iOS forum. Preach to thy own choir.
    Nevitac likes this.
    11-13-2018 10:14 PM
    This is a perfect example that shows a one sided opinion that overrides all situations. Take a step back and realize that we are all different. But I like I'm sure many others have way too many notifications. It's a byproduct of my voracious curiosity. This by product often interrupts what I'm trying to concentrate on when I'm driving or otherwise listening and doing something else. I want to be able to follow a conversation or story while still knowing I have notifications. The audio, in a perfect world, would be the most important setting on a phone. I forget who says this but "the ears never blink" which is our main medium for absorbing lots of information in sequenced format. I'm being convoluted now but I think you can understand my point. Audio is the most important medium we have on our phone and interrupting it when we are concentrated on the words or ideas the words convey is nearly impossible if the notifications are cutting out whole chunks of time just to ding. You think someone can't hear both music and a notification at the same time you're very mistaken. Bottom line there should be an option somewhere that allows the user to set whether the audio will be ducked, paused, or not interrupted altogether.
    01-04-2019 12:11 PM
    On my Note 8, I've noticed that there seem to be two types of notifications. With one, the audio pauses, the notification chimes, then the audio picks up where it left off. With the other, the audio doesn't pause, but fades, sometimes to zero, then returns to normal after the notification. If the notification sound is short enough, then there is a break in the audio, but no notification sound. I wish it just play the notification sound over the audio without pausing or fading, just like if I were listening to a CD in my car and a notification comes over my phone.

What I've noticed in the last month or so, it that audio suppressed , but does not come back. It's still playing, I just can't hear it. I'm pretty sure this is a Doggcatcher issue. It also happens about 50% when transitioning from one episode to the next. If I pause it and restart it, it works fine.
    02-12-2019 02:24 PM
63 123