05-14-2015 06:25 PM
37 12
tools
    I bought 3 of the CHOETECH pads and one of them crapped out today. Painless return process with Amazon but hopefully it's the only one I'll need to return.
    Yeah it sucks .. but it can happen. I love Amazon for their customer service. It is definitely top notch!
    04-29-2015 08:40 PM
    Just upgraded from S4 to S6 last weekend and bought the Samsung Qi charger. What I noticed is that it takes ~2x as long (as reported by the phone) to charge with the Qi charger than it does plugging in directly. Otherwise I had no problem charging with the Otterbox Defender case on the phone.
    04-29-2015 09:19 PM
    Just upgraded from S4 to S6 last weekend and bought the Samsung Qi charger. What I noticed is that it takes ~2x as long (as reported by the phone) to charge with the Qi charger than it does plugging in directly. Otherwise I had no problem charging with the Otterbox Defender case on the phone.
    Rapid charging via the wall plug or a rapid car charger is much faster. The wireless charging saves the USB and is convenient at Starbucks or wherever they have it so you don't have to worry because you already have the two most widely used charging standards built-in.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-30-2015 07:57 PM
    Awesome charger. Perfect for an overnight charge and is the same size as the phone with a grippy rubber coating so your little gem doesn't move around. S6 edge is always full of juice
    Attached Thumbnails Wireless Charging experience-1430464874248.jpg  
    05-01-2015 02:21 AM
    I got the RAVPower charging pad/stand. I like the stand and it does charge, but I don't like how it works. After the phone reaches full charge, the phone gives a tone to indicate it's reached full power and the screen turns on briefly. Then the phone sits without charging for several minutes and then gives a tone to indicate that the charger is starting again. Then once the phone reaches a full charge again the phone tones, the screen comes on, and the charging stops. So, throughout the night when it's on the dock, the phone tones and the screen comes on briefly several times each hour.

I read someone who had an S5 that did this but haven't read anyone with an S6 experiencing this. Maybe the behavior is common and doesn't annoy many people but for me, with it sitting next to my bed side, the frequent tones during the night are annoying.

Wireless Charging experience-capture1.jpg
    05-03-2015 05:30 PM
    I picked up Incipio ghost charging pad from Yugster for $9, it charges the phone to 100%. I had already ordered it, and I asked the question. So it's fine. I ordered a couple of Choe plough in chargers and a car charger from amazon, and they are all good products, and charge the phone in fast mode.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-04-2015 09:43 AM
    I pulled out my Qi lg charing mat I have had since the Nexus 4. I have not used it for my Nexus 6 but wanted to try it with my S6.
    I cannot get it to charge my S6...it works perfectly for my Nexus 6 but not S6. Any special sweet spot?
    05-08-2015 02:43 PM
    I pulled out my Qi lg charing mat I have had since the Nexus 4. I have not used it for my Nexus 6 but wanted to try it with my S6.
    I cannot get it to charge my S6...it works perfectly for my Nexus 6 but not S6. Any special sweet spot?
    Do you have a case on your GS6? The OEM has an LED that let you know it's aligned but it's not difficult to find the Sweet spot.
    05-08-2015 02:51 PM
    Do you have a case on your GS6? The OEM has an LED that let you know it's aligned but it's not difficult to find the Sweet spot.
    Yes a tpu case but I have always charged with a case on. Not a big deal, but perplexing.

Posted via my Galaxy S6
    05-08-2015 08:10 PM
    Yes a tpu case but I have always charged with a case on. Not a big deal, but perplexing.

Posted via my Galaxy S6
    Wireless charging works great with my Defender case. Try it without the case.
    05-08-2015 08:15 PM
    Got my Samsung Qi Charger and it works great with my S6. Although I am a big fan of quick charge, I find myself topping off my S6 to save the wear and tear on the USB connection as mentioned by jcp007. Glad I have it because I have been dropping below 40% with this device which almost never happens. Have two major wireless charging standards built in is pretty sweet!

Just did the update today (ATT) but too soon to tell if it helped the battery life. I am sure I am playing with it more than usual since it is new.
    05-14-2015 05:36 PM
    Got my Samsung Qi Charger and it works great with my S6. Although I am a big fan of quick charge, I find myself topping off my S6 to save the wear and tear on the USB connection as mentioned by jcp007. Glad I have it because I have been dropping below 40% with this device which almost never happens. Have two major wireless charging standards built in is pretty sweet!

Just did the update today (ATT) but too soon to tell if it helped the battery life. I am sure I am playing with it more than usual since it is new.
    Glad you are enjoying the OEM wireless charging pad. Please keep us posted on battery life and performance results after the OTA.
    05-14-2015 06:25 PM
37 12