Wireless Charging experience

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I figured, was just trying to get a feel for the difference.

If you can do 50% in 30 mins with quick charge, about how long do you think it'll take using wireless charging.

Hm... I would say 50 minutes or longer. Usually when I start from a low % (such as 15-20) it takes an hour and a half or so to get charged.

kali240

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
any idea how to keep the clock on while on a wireless charger? with my old S4 the clock came on by default but i can't find a setting on the S6. using a TechMatte Qi Wireless Charging Pad which i throw it on overnight and has worked well so far.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Have anybody else had this problem with wireless charging? My Samsung pad works but it won't charge to 100%. Anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes, I have. There is another thread in this forum about the Samsung wireless charger and the majority of users have the same experience. Once the phone is charged, the Samsung wireless charger will turn off and won't start back up until you take the phone off and put it back on. This leads to many people waking up with phones at ~90%. The Choe charger will charge to 100% and keep it there.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
any idea how to keep the clock on while on a wireless charger? with my old S4 the clock came on by default but i can't find a setting on the S6. using a TechMatte Qi Wireless Charging Pad which i throw it on overnight and has worked well so far.

You need to activate the Daydream option in settings/display.

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought 3 of the CHOETECH pads and one of them crapped out today. Painless return process with Amazon but hopefully it's the only one I'll need to return.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought 3 of the CHOETECH pads and one of them crapped out today. Painless return process with Amazon but hopefully it's the only one I'll need to return.

Yeah it sucks .. but it can happen. I love Amazon for their customer service. It is definitely top notch!

S6-MA

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Just upgraded from S4 to S6 last weekend and bought the Samsung Qi charger. What I noticed is that it takes ~2x as long (as reported by the phone) to charge with the Qi charger than it does plugging in directly. Otherwise I had no problem charging with the Otterbox Defender case on the phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded from S4 to S6 last weekend and bought the Samsung Qi charger. What I noticed is that it takes ~2x as long (as reported by the phone) to charge with the Qi charger than it does plugging in directly. Otherwise I had no problem charging with the Otterbox Defender case on the phone.

Rapid charging via the wall plug or a rapid car charger is much faster. The wireless charging saves the USB and is convenient at Starbucks or wherever they have it so you don't have to worry because you already have the two most widely used charging standards built-in.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Awesome charger. Perfect for an overnight charge and is the same size as the phone with a grippy rubber coating so your little gem doesn't move around. S6 edge is always full of juice

Attachments

• 1430464874248.jpg
    1430464874248.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 36

SlamTheDoor

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I got the RAVPower charging pad/stand. I like the stand and it does charge, but I don't like how it works. After the phone reaches full charge, the phone gives a tone to indicate it's reached full power and the screen turns on briefly. Then the phone sits without charging for several minutes and then gives a tone to indicate that the charger is starting again. Then once the phone reaches a full charge again the phone tones, the screen comes on, and the charging stops. So, throughout the night when it's on the dock, the phone tones and the screen comes on briefly several times each hour.

I read someone who had an S5 that did this but haven't read anyone with an S6 experiencing this. Maybe the behavior is common and doesn't annoy many people but for me, with it sitting next to my bed side, the frequent tones during the night are annoying.

Capture1.JPG

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I picked up Incipio ghost charging pad from Yugster for $9, it charges the phone to 100%. I had already ordered it, and I asked the question. So it's fine. I ordered a couple of Choe plough in chargers and a car charger from amazon, and they are all good products, and charge the phone in fast mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I pulled out my Qi lg charing mat I have had since the Nexus 4. I have not used it for my Nexus 6 but wanted to try it with my S6.
I cannot get it to charge my S6...it works perfectly for my Nexus 6 but not S6. Any special sweet spot?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I pulled out my Qi lg charing mat I have had since the Nexus 4. I have not used it for my Nexus 6 but wanted to try it with my S6.
I cannot get it to charge my S6...it works perfectly for my Nexus 6 but not S6. Any special sweet spot?
Do you have a case on your GS6? The OEM has an LED that let you know it's aligned but it's not difficult to find the Sweet spot.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a case on your GS6? The OEM has an LED that let you know it's aligned but it's not difficult to find the Sweet spot.

Yes a tpu case but I have always charged with a case on. Not a big deal, but perplexing.

Posted via my Galaxy S6

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Got my Samsung Qi Charger and it works great with my S6. Although I am a big fan of quick charge, I find myself topping off my S6 to save the wear and tear on the USB connection as mentioned by jcp007. Glad I have it because I have been dropping below 40% with this device which almost never happens. Have two major wireless charging standards built in is pretty sweet!

Just did the update today (ATT) but too soon to tell if it helped the battery life. I am sure I am playing with it more than usual since it is new.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Got my Samsung Qi Charger and it works great with my S6. Although I am a big fan of quick charge, I find myself topping off my S6 to save the wear and tear on the USB connection as mentioned by jcp007. Glad I have it because I have been dropping below 40% with this device which almost never happens. Have two major wireless charging standards built in is pretty sweet!

Just did the update today (ATT) but too soon to tell if it helped the battery life. I am sure I am playing with it more than usual since it is new.

Glad you are enjoying the OEM wireless charging pad. Please keep us posted on battery life and performance results after the OTA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish