06-28-2015 11:16 AM
395 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    but your OK with either having to spend $45 for a replacement or buy a new phone in 12 months cause your battery is dead?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Because you know for a fact I'll have battery issues in 12 months? I think someone is a little too in love with his LG phone he doesn't have yet and wants so badly for it to be better than the S6 for some reason.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
    05-11-2015 04:34 PM
    Where do you have information about everyone's batteries dying after 12 months of use and they absolutely have to get them replaced? I haven't ever heard of this.
    Agree with this 100%. He makes it sound like after 12 months a battery magically just dies completely. I've had phone 2-3 years of heavy use and not noticed enough battery degradation to seek out replacing it. Why would newer batteries be different?
    05-11-2015 04:35 PM
    I'm one who strongly prefers on screen - to the point where I don't consider one with physical buttons a viable purchase option. I get the appeal of them, I just can't go back.
    Cool for you. Don't like sacrificing screen real estate having come many eons ago from RIM devices with those tiny screens.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-11-2015 05:56 PM
    "it will affect the total life you get out of the G4"

that's a bit misleading (not that u meant it to be). it will affect the total life you get out of the battery, not the G4. replaceable battery is a big deal as most consumers won't know they can replace their battery via Samsung for $45, they just get a new phone, possibly not even knowing it's just a battery issue ... the sales rep sure as hell isn't gonna tell the truth.

$15 and 30 seconds, G4 is as good as new

Replaceable batteries will only matter to those,who I have never seen in all my years in the corporate business arena and traveling through airports. Even if by happenstance, years down the road, I still have the GS6, I know that rapid charging, wireless charging and oowerbanks will still be an option over two years from now based upon past experience. Battery replacement argument is a total non-starter.
    05-11-2015 06:04 PM
    Assuming I haven't upgraded to the GS7, twelve months from now, I will still be enjoying how well my battery is doing, having tap n go/MST mobile payment formats which, oh I forgot need a fingerprint scanner. I will also enjoy double tapping my physical home button to access an awesome camera in less than a second. I'll also be saving money on not having to buy leather or hyper glazed plastic back covers and wireless charging back cover.
    05-11-2015 06:14 PM
    Where do you have information about everyone's batteries dying after 12 months of use and they absolutely have to get them replaced? I haven't ever heard of this.
    Li ion batteries won't die after a year normally. Sure if you are running benchmarks 24/7 for a year... Maybe. But under normal usage? No.

The only phone that I even noticed a substantial decrease in battery life after a year was the note 3 and that was because I was really pushing the phone to get 5 terabytes in a month. The phone ran really hot, uncomfortable to touch, for a long time.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-11-2015 06:36 PM
    Li ion batteries won't die after a year normally. Sure if you are running benchmarks 24/7 for a year... Maybe. But under normal usage? No.

The only phone that I even noticed a substantial decrease in battery life after a year was the note 3 and that was because I was really pushing the phone to get 5 terabytes in a month. The phone ran really hot, uncomfortable to touch, for a long time.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    5 TB of what?
    05-11-2015 06:43 PM
    5 TB of what?
    Data. That's hilarious.

05-11-2015 06:51 PM
    What kind of data would involve pushing 5TB of files through a smartphone?
    05-11-2015 06:55 PM
    5 TB of what?
    Mobile data
    05-11-2015 07:07 PM
    it's an assumption. I just feel that with quick charge, and a small battery, it's inevitable. that said, I'll be the first person to admit I'm wrong if/when 12 months comes and original S6 owners aren't experiencing battery degradation.

05-11-2015 07:41 PM
    Because you know for a fact I'll have battery issues in 12 months? I think someone is a little too in love with his LG phone he doesn't have yet and wants so badly for it to be better than the S6 for some reason.

no, i definitely don't know that for a fact, and i don't know why you'd be so offended simply by somebody's opinion. I hope I'm wrong, and I'll be first in line to admit I was wrong if and when that happens. I've recommended the S6 to family so obviously I think highly of it.

if u look at my post history, you'll see that I've never used the word "fanboy" and I'm not biased. I'm a Samsung owner, and I love the S6, but if I wanted it, I'd have it by now. why wouldn't I want the G4 to be "better" than the S6? I hope every flagship is better than the previous device, don't you? does that mean you hope it's worse?

my plan is to keep my next phone for 3 years minimum, so I think it's understandable that I wouldn't sign up for a sealed battery that small. after the moto x comes out, and we start to hear rumors about the 2015 Nexus, I'll decide on my upgrade then. chances are I won't get the G4. it's really nice, and I prefer a removable battery, but I'm definitely not in love with it.

05-11-2015 07:52 PM
    Replaceable batteries will only matter to those,who I have never seen in all my years in the corporate business arena and traveling through airports. Even if by happenstance, years down the road, I still have the GS6, I know that rapid charging, wireless charging and oowerbanks will still be an option over two years from now based upon past experience. Battery replacement argument is a total non-starter.
    for you, but I replace mine almost every day and love the option. I'm glad it's not an issue for you, if it was obviously you wouldn't have purchased it.

what I don't get though is how offended some people get simply by someone else starting their opinion. it's not isolated to the S6, it's across the board. these are phones, and we all love android cause of options. some devices we like, others we don't, but at least we're not all sheep that take what's given to us. I'd think as Android fans more people would welcome difference of opinions instead of getting so offended. and it's tough to get someone's true feeling online, so maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get.

05-11-2015 07:57 PM
    Assuming I haven't upgraded to the GS7, twelve months from now, I will still be enjoying how well my battery is doing, having tap n go/MST mobile payment formats which, oh I forgot need a fingerprint scanner. I will also enjoy double tapping my physical home button to access an awesome camera in less than a second. I'll also be saving money on not having to buy leather or hyper glazed plastic back covers and wireless charging back cover.
    man you really get defensive when anybody even slightly criticizes your phone. then u just take an unsolicited shot at a phone you've never even touched. lol ... I get it, but it's getting harder and harder to take your opinions seriously as you can sometimes come across as hypocritical.

blessedred likes this.
    05-11-2015 08:00 PM
    man you really get defensive when anybody even slightly criticizes your phone. then u just take an unsolicited shot at a phone you've never even touched. hopefully you'll at least admit to that, I mean, you seem to jump down people's throats for certain things, then you turn around and do it yourself.

Very much in agreement.

S6 Edge 64GB
    blessedred likes this.
    05-11-2015 08:02 PM
    man you really get defensive when anybody even slightly criticizes your phone. then u just take an unsolicited shot at a phone you've never even touched. lol ... I get it, but it's getting harder and harder to take your opinions seriously as you can sometimes come across as hypocritical.

Answer was in context to rhetorical question from AD.
    05-11-2015 08:05 PM

05-11-2015 08:05 PM
    for you, but I replace mine almost every day and love the option. I'm glad it's not an issue for you, if it was obviously you wouldn't have purchased it.

what I don't get though is how offended some people get simply by someone else starting their opinion. it's not isolated to the S6, it's across the board. these are phones, and we all love android cause of options. some devices we like, others we don't, but at least we're not all sheep that take what's given to us. I'd think as Android fans more people would welcome difference of opinions instead of getting so offended. and it's tough to get someone's true feeling online, so maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get.

Let's set the record straight. Not offended. Just responding to your post. Believe me, you will know if I ever get offended. There will be no doubt.
    05-11-2015 08:07 PM

Critique away. That's your right and I have no problem with it at all. Was there anything factually incorrect in my posts? I have also given kudos for the G4 where they are due especially it's display and camera.
    05-11-2015 08:11 PM
    fair enough ... I enjoy your passion and opinions. I mean u got what, like 300 posts to this thread? hopefully you don't take any of this that serious either!

05-11-2015 08:13 PM
    Mobile data
    I know it's mobile data. Without getting too personal or graphic, what type of data? Were you running a business with your phone? Do you stream music 24/7? Were you trying to catch up on the Walking Dead?
    05-11-2015 08:13 PM
    Critique away. That's your right and I have no problem with it at all. Was there anything factually incorrect in my posts? I have also given kudos for the G4 where they are due especially it's display and camera.
    I'll save it for tomorrow, the wife wants me to come to bed and that invitation happens far too seldom these days for me to pass up ... I'll be back in 3 minutes!

areyes163 likes this.
    05-11-2015 08:14 PM
    fair enough ... I enjoy your passion and opinions. I mean u got what, like 300 posts to this thread? hopefully you don't take any of this that serious either!

Man, I enjoy the back and forth as long as it doesn't get personal. Along the way, I learn a ton from you guys. When I passed on the GS5 and was traveling on business for a majority of that year, the smartphone landscape changed drastically.
    05-11-2015 08:15 PM
    I'll save it for tomorrow, the wife wants me to come to bed and that invitation happens far too seldom these days for me to pass up ... I'll be back in 3 minutes!

Hey, this isn't 50 Shades of Grey...unless you the hyper glazed plastic faux metal back cover of a G4.
    05-11-2015 08:17 PM
    Let's set the record straight. Not offended. Just responding to your post. Believe me, you will know if I ever get offended. There will be no doubt.
    Lol..

S6 Edge 64GB
    briggy79 likes this.
    05-11-2015 08:36 PM
395 ... 89101112 ...