06-28-2015 11:16 AM
395 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I am quite sure that Battery cant last a whole day. Yes the camera is very good but some people cant compromise on the battery.

But I hate LGs UI so well..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    And you would be wrong, completely. There are plenty of people who have posted screen shots of well over 24 hours of standby with light use. But for me I'll take 6 hours of SoT with 16+ hours of standby.

Beemed to you with the GS6
    05-01-2015 01:23 PM
    You are contradicting yourself.

I have M8 and its 25% by the team I reach home on a workday so I am quite sure S6 will be down to 10-15.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    He has a valid point as his opinion is supported by the fact do his own experience. Since you don't actually own a GS6, what are you basing your conclusion on?
    artrinadf likes this.
    05-01-2015 01:26 PM
    And you would be wrong, completely. There are plenty of people who have posted screen shots of well over 24 hours of standby with light use. But for me I'll take 6 hours of SoT with 16+ hours of standby.

Beemed to you with the GS6
    I am genereally saying that Samsung should have given more battery than reducing the thickness.

He has a valid point as his opinion is supported by the fact do his own experience. Since you don't actually own a GS6, what are you basing your conclusion on?
    Comparing the battery capacity to the exisitng two phones that I have.
    05-01-2015 01:27 PM
    Size doesn't correlate with battery life as the technology progresses. In the case of the M9. It has a huge battery in comparison having to power a display and chipset that are not as energy efficient the M9 lacks UFS 2.0. Higher performing, energy efficient hardware can offset the need for a large battery.
    05-01-2015 01:33 PM
    Size doesn't correlate with battery life as the technology progresses. In the case of the M9. It has a huge battery in comparison having to power a display and chipset that are not as energy efficient the M9 lacks UFS 2.0. Higher performing, energy efficient hardware can offset the need for a large battery.
    I agree to this but having that battery size will not last ME the day. I am quite sure of that. However there are lots of people who can overlook this over the other features.

To each his own.
    05-01-2015 01:37 PM
    I agree to this but having that battery size will not last ME the day. I am quite sure of that. However there are lots of people who can overlook this over the other features.

To each his own.
    I agree. For whatever reason you believe this, we aren't getting anywhere with this line of discussion.
    05-01-2015 01:41 PM
    I am genereally saying that Samsung should have given more battery than reducing the thickness.

Comparing the battery capacity to the exisitng two phones that I have.
    Considering that I too have an m8 and I'm a huge HTC fan, I can honestly say after all this time that the S6 destroys the battery life of my m8 on lollipop.

Try to understand that you have not tried this phone and you are making assumptions based on myth. There is no battery life issue with this phone. Just look at my screen shots again and know that I gamed for 3 hours, played 2k and 4k videos on YouTube for an hour, browsed the Web for an hour, and played with a new phone like all of us do in the beginning.

I have everything turned on such as location services, wifi, and so on, with Android device manager and Samsung tracking both on and running, etc. Tell me how this phone needs a bigger battery for it to work for you again?

Posted via the Android Central App
    xtremevicky likes this.
    05-01-2015 02:48 PM
    But I still am not convinced that the g4 is the better camera. It certainly has the features, but I have seen some shots that haven't convinced me yet. Will have to wait and see more comparisons with the s6.
    The LG camera may have surpassed the S6 camera spec-wise, but early samples show that they haven't caught up on the software processing level yet. Still, it may be close enough that full manual controls and JPG+RAW may easily tip the scales for enthusiasts.

There was a rumor that Samsung didn't finish the compatibility with Camera 2 API, but an update will enable full manual controls and RAW output. Again, just a rumor. I'm starting to think the leaked TMo edge 5.1.1 build and the Camera 2 API rumor were leaked by Samsung as a counter to the G4 announcement.
    05-01-2015 03:56 PM
    The LG camera may have surpassed the S6 camera spec-wise, but early samples show that they haven't caught up on the software processing level yet. Still, it may be close enough that full manual controls and JPG+RAW may easily tip the scales for enthusiasts.

There was a rumor that Samsung didn't finish the compatibility with Camera 2 API, but an update will enable full manual controls and RAW output. Again, just a rumor. I'm starting to think the leaked TMo edge 5.1.1 build and the Camera 2 API rumor were leaked by Samsung as a counter to the G4 announcement.
    Yep. 100% agree with everything you state here. Just have to wait and see what final shipping G4 can produce vs. updated s6 if it ever comes....
    05-01-2015 04:14 PM
    Yep. 100% agree with everything you state here. Just have to wait and see what final shipping G4 can produce vs. updated s6 if it ever comes....
    HTC just updated the M9 to support RAW output so don't expect Samsung to be too far behind.
    05-01-2015 04:28 PM
    Really, really disappointing showing here from the g4. I had almost made up my mind for the g4 now I am really mixed up.

The main thing was that I want good low light performance, but the s6 killed it (admittedly only 1 shot to compare). But also, the good light photos were better on s6 as was the audio and video. g4 still has the better manual mode and RAW output in it's favor and killer low light focus (both speed and smoothness).

05-02-2015 11:28 PM
    Wow, the S6 destroyed the G4 in audio. The G4 sounded like an old timey radio.
    05-02-2015 11:47 PM
    I'm no camera expert, but apart from the terrible microphone on the G4, the cameras were pretty much tied. The G4 autofocus was impressive!

If you're in to photography, surely you'd switch to manual mode anyway and the G4 would come out on top due to the array of options.
    05-03-2015 03:11 AM
    I'm no camera expert, but apart from the terrible microphone on the G4, the cameras were pretty much tied. The G4 autofocus was impressive!

If you're in to photography, surely you'd switch to manual mode anyway and the G4 would come out on top due to the array of options.
    Nah, in this example other than focus speed the rear camera on the s6 was clearly better. If you can't see that, that is fine, but I could. As you say, g4 also has the manual mode and raw, but there are rumors that the s6 may get raw and improved manual mode which could put it above g4 in anything other than laser focus.

I am speculating too much- this guy could have a bad unit, or early software, etc. Will have to wait for reviews when the g4 actually ships.
    05-03-2015 07:07 AM
    Nah, in this example other than focus speed the rear camera on the s6 was clearly better. If you can't see that, that is fine, but I could. As you say, g4 also has the manual mode and raw, but there are rumors that the s6 may get raw and improved manual mode which could put it above g4 in anything other than laser focus.

I am speculating too much- this guy could have a bad unit, or early software, etc. Will have to wait for reviews when the g4 actually ships.
    My bet is early firmware version. Lots of time to update it. Hoping that since M9 got RAW output support that the GS6 might get it.
    05-03-2015 07:12 AM

I can't see that because I'm looking at the photos on my smartphone lol

I'm not in to taking photos myself, so a serviceable one suits me fine. From what I can see, these are two stellar cameras
    05-03-2015 08:42 AM
    One of the great things I like about these forums is the diversity of device brand/carrier/ feature preferences and knowledge. I must be in the distinct minority of those who evaluate a purchase a device on an overall function and performance perspective especially given the increasing device and accessory costs. I don't just focus on just the battery or just the camera. While this are important factors to me, they are far down the list behind speed and performance of the device itself. I look at the hardware driving that performance as well as the optimization of the software that drives the hardware. Has the OEM used a better, more efficient chipset and display. Has the UI been optimized and how easy it is to use. Have they improved the camera. How is the battery life? Is it clear that these companies are listening to customers? While all companies make compromises in design choices and functionality, Samsung included, it seems like HTC and LG have assumed that past key features with incremental improvements and improving only a couple of aspects will be enough to compete.
    05-03-2015 09:38 AM
    One of the great things I like about these forums is the diversity of device brand/carrier/ feature preferences and knowledge. I must be in the distinct minority of those who evaluate a purchase a device on an overall function and performance perspective especially given the increasing device and accessory costs. I don't just focus on just the battery or just the camera. While this are important factors to me, they are far down the list behind speed and performance of the device itself. I look at the hardware driving that performance as well as the optimization of the software that drives the hardware. Has the OEM used a better, more efficient chipset and display. Has the UI been optimized and how easy it is to use. Have they improved the camera. How is the battery life? Is it clear that these companies are listening to customers? While all companies make compromises in design choices and functionality, Samsung included, it seems like HTC and LG have assumed that past key features with incremental improvements and improving only a couple of aspects will be enough to compete.
    Yeah I would say you are one of the select few. Example ...I don't care if a phone was super fast and performed well if the camera sucked and when I went to take a picture it always looked like crap. Moments with friends and family capture in good quality > my phone loading my app 1 second faster than another phones.

Now not saying I wouldn't want it to perform well but I would want both factors to make it a good phone for me. Battery isn't a huge concern for me but that is because I am around chargers a lot more than some people .. but you have to be fair to those who aren't around chargers a ton. If I traveled a ton (airport to airport) a good battery could mean a lot rather than trying to find a wall to hug.

Everyone has different needs .
    05-03-2015 12:42 PM
    I'm a total camera geek, but screen size/form is the more important factor. Even if the G4 camera was leaps and bounds better, I'd still stick with the S6.

The most important factor is Android.
    05-03-2015 12:47 PM
    Yeah I would say you are one of the select few. Example ...I don't care if a phone was super fast and performed well if the camera sucked and when I went to take a picture it always looked like crap. Moments with friends and family capture in good quality > my phone loading my app 1 second faster than another phones.

Now not saying I wouldn't want it to perform well but I would want both factors to make it a good phone for me. Battery isn't a huge concern for me but that is because I am around chargers a lot more than some people .. but you have to be fair to those who aren't around chargers a ton. If I traveled a ton (airport to airport) a good battery could mean a lot rather than trying to find a wall to hug.

Everyone has different needs .
    Power banks mean not wall hugging. I wouldn't necessarily trade speed and performance for a quality camera but I am willing to trade off no card slot and a smaller battery for it. Samsung owners were very lucky to get speed and performance and a quality camera in exchange. For some of,us who other financial and familial responsibilities where money is important, getting the most value is more critical to some than others.
    05-03-2015 05:03 PM
    Power banks mean not wall hugging. I wouldn't necessarily trade speed and performance for a quality camera but I am willing to trade off no card slot and a smaller battery for it. Samsung owners were very lucky to get speed and performance and a quality camera in exchange. For some of,us who other financial and familial responsibilities where money is important, getting the most value is more critical to some than others.
    Technically yes -- but some may not want a power bank. As I said .. it depends on the person. Some may hate them so it may vary for them.

Also everyone has bills so not sure what your last comment meant. I have a mortgage, house bills, etc. to pay .. but I still want a good phone with a good camera. Just because you don't find it important doesn't mean it isn't for me.
    05-03-2015 06:28 PM
    Technically yes -- but some may not want a power bank. As I said .. it depends on the person. Some may hate them so it may vary for them.

Also everyone has bills so not sure what your last comment meant. I have a mortgage, house bills, etc. to pay .. but I still want a good phone with a good camera. Just because you don't find it important doesn't mean it isn't for me.
    Please allow me to clarify. My overall perspective toward speed and performance of all the features of the device involves getting the most for your money precisely because the cost is only going higher. With my purchase, I didn't just focus just on the camera or just on the battery. Just because a device has a really good camera but everything else is status quo from last years device, it's not likely to make me part with the money to buy a device. With GS6, I was willing to give up the card and battery for premium materials, speed, performance and features.
    05-03-2015 06:41 PM
    "Taken as a whole, the G4 is an impressive entrant to this year's Android race, but it just can't match the S6's total package."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2483499,00.asp
    05-03-2015 06:54 PM
    Please allow me to clarify. My overall perspective toward speed and performance of all the features of the device involves getting the most for your money precisely because the cost is only going higher. With my purchase, I didn't just focus just on the camera or just on the battery. Just because a device has a really good camera but everything else is status quo from last years device, it's not likely to make me part with the money to buy a device. With GS6, I was willing to give up the card and battery for premium materials, speed, performance and features.
    The only thing premium about glass is that it breaks and is expensive to replace.
    blessedred likes this.
    05-03-2015 08:51 PM
    "Taken as a whole, the G4 is an impressive entrant to this year's Android race, but it just can't match the S6's total package."

LG G4 (Unlocked) Preview | PCMag.com
    Eh, kind of a weak review. Basically comes down to a guy who thinks samsung's physical form is better and want's to compare a phone based on specs. I haven't held the g4 yet but I doubt that I would agree regarding the physical form. The s6 felt uncomfortable to hold, the camera bump extends too far, they dropped sd card and battery swapping (and I bet most of the same samsung diehards that are saying the new design is great criticized all other phones that didn't have this option last year) and the material choice for the back makes me worry about breakage with no discrenable benefit. Meanwhile, Android Central editors are saying the g4 feels fantastic in hand, runs as fast in real life use and does offer the SD/swappable battery.

I may end up with the s6 but not based on anything PCMAG has to say.
    05-03-2015 09:07 PM
395 ... 45678 ...