10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Saw this as well
I was surprised that the G4 had wireless charging but the S6 has both standards...also the fingerprint scanner I like and prefer than any other method

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Fancier design is very subjective, wireless charging will be possible and more storage options doesn't make sense since G4 has micro SD.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Saw this as well
I was surprised that the G4 had wireless charging but the S6 has both standards...also the fingerprint scanner I like and prefer than any other method

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

Wireless charging not built in. G4 does have the display and camera working for it though. Power hungry display and slower less efficient chipset with no UFS 2.0 and slower RAM. Sounds like M9 battery 2.0. UI is just as heavy and laggy as my old GS4.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Bigger screen is a huge negative for me. G4 is not a true one-handed device. Good luck reaching the menu button on the G4 with one hand.

And as someone pointed out in the comments, the higher screen to body ratio is cancelled out by the on screen navigation buttons on the G4.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Bigger screen is a huge negative for me. G4 is not a true one-handed device. Good luck reaching the menu button on the G4 with one hand.

And as someone pointed out in the comments, the higher screen to body ratio is cancelled out by the on screen navigation buttons on the G4.

Who puts the power button and volume rocker on the back?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Guess they thought a power hungry display, slower processor, camera and a lack of host of other premium flagship features with a plastic back with vegetable tanned leather would be enough to compete. Battery gonna get chewed up like the M9.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Who puts the power button and volume rocker on the back?

Putting power and volume on back makes a lot of sense. Very easy to adjust volume and take a screen shot. I miss the back buttons whenever I use non LG devices.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
You can use the volume button as a shutter button on the S6. Not an exact replacement for a dedicated shutter (no two step and it's stiffer than you'd like in a real shutter button), but no option at all on the G4.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Putting power and volume on back makes a lot of sense. Very easy to adjust volume and take a screen shot. I miss the back buttons whenever I use non LG devices.

You can also hit them by mistake. You shouldn't have to resort to yoga to power on the phone or change the volume.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You can also hit them by mistake. You shouldn't have to resort to yoga to power on the phone or change the volume.

It's not difficult at all and I've never pressed power or volume by mistake.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Not unless it is on a car mount. When I had the G3, it just took a lot more steps to get where you wanted cause the buttons were covered. (And no, I did not drive and use the phone at the same time) :)

Posted via the Android Central App

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

While it might seem odd at first, the back buttons on the G3 are amazingly easy to use and you'll never hit them by mistake like on a Samsung phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
While it might seem odd at first, the back buttons on the G3 are amazingly easy to use and you'll never hit them by mistake like on a Samsung phone.

Valid point but one handed phone operation is a lot easier having them on the sides.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not unless it is on a car mount. When I had the G3, it just took a lot more steps to get where you wanted cause the buttons were covered. (And no, I did not drive and use the phone at the same time) :)

Not a problem if you use an app like Car Home Ultra.