10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
There will be aspects where the S6 is better and aspects where the G4 is better. Subjectivity plays the most important part though. I personally could not care less about on-paper specs, so the tech comparisons don't interest me at all.

Seems like they'll both be great phones this year. I am looking forward to the G4 though. Seems like it fixed a few annoyances I have with S6.

Sent from my SM-G920I

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I used my hardware upgrade for the S6, but the G4 was a close second. I always loved the design and look of the G3, my only issue is its size in width. I knew G4 wouldn't be smaller than G3, and when S6 was announced with fingerprint, new beautiful design and perfect size (for me) I was sold.

You really can't go wrong with either phone, LG deserves props for their G line as the last 3 years have been solid unique well designed and performed phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I hear you! I'm getting the same feeling.. Time to stop purchasing the latest and greatest phone, and save the $$. The S6 does everything I need a phone to do and does it well.
Plus, my wife told me to:)

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
There will be aspects where the S6 is better and aspects where the G4 is better. Subjectivity plays the most important part though. I personally could not care less about on-paper specs, so the tech comparisons don't interest me at all.

Seems like they'll both be great phones this year. I am looking forward to the G4 though. Seems like it fixed a few annoyances I have with S6.

Sent from my SM-G920I

Because it has 5.1 out of the box. By the time it's released, so may the S6.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
11. Because I'm tired of spending hundreds of dollars on new phones/year.

I could have put down a nice down payment on a new car with all the money I've spent on phones over the years. I'm sticking with the GS6 until it falls apart. I'm tired of spending mucho dinero updating phones.

Lmbo! That's understood I change phones every year also. I just subsidize and sell the old one. Usually break even that way

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
11. Because I'm tired of spending hundreds of dollars on new phones/year.

I could have put down a nice down payment on a new car with all the money I've spent on phones over the years. I'm sticking with the GS6 until it falls apart. I'm tired of spending mucho dinero updating phones.

Lmbo! That's understood I change phones every year also. I just subsidize and sell the old one. Usually break even that way

Stop visiting forums like this, unless you need help
Stop reading tech news

All the advancements are exaggerated. People here have little sense of perspective, they have tunnel vision about specs and infinitesimal perceived (imaginary) performance improvements.

= be happier with what you have AND save money

Your S6 is actually good for 3 years. Enjoy

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I totally understand that lots of money has been tied up in our phones. My personal philosophy is to get the best value in terms of overall functionality and performance. I don't believe it should be limited to one or two features. Based only on few details that we know, the G4 competes with screen and camera as well as possibly the battery.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I don't need much justification .. I like the S6 .. Simple as that. The button placement on the LG phones has always thrown me off. Does it mean it is a bad phone? No .. Just means it isn't for me.

Exactly. There will always be people that say the S6 is better than the Mp and G4 and Iphone 6.......blah, blah, blah. Get the device that you like and call it a day.

It's already started.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
LG does. Once you use them and are used to the placement, they are pretty decent.

You should not have to get used to that. It's awkward for me having had three Samsung devices and a number of RIM devices. Should be on the sides for easy access.

The G4 sounds like an overgrown version of the GS5 which thankfully I passed on.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You should not have to get used to that. It's awkward for me having had three Samsung devices and a number of RIM devices. Should be on the sides for easy access.

The G4 sounds like an overgrown version of the GS5 which thankfully I passed on.

Then don't get it and don't worry about the buttons.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
And as someone pointed out in the comments, the higher screen to body ratio is cancelled out by the on screen navigation buttons on the G4.

The navigation buttons can be hidden in any screen, which gives you 100% of the screen. This does not make the screen any smaller or less usable, which is why I always find this argument to be silly.

But the G4 has a less impressive screen-to-body ratio than its predecessor, which I found to be slightly disappointing. Although it still beats the S6 and many other phones in this department.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much...

Are you getting the G4? I didn't see anything with the G4 that would push me away from the GS6, unless they slack on the battery drain issue.

Slower processor, slower RAM, no UFS, no fingerprint scanner, no built-in wireless charging, no mobile payment, klunky UI like my GS4. Vegetable tanned leather plastic back. Battery life will be up in the air until we get some reviews but it doesn't bode well when Mophie Juicepack has a larger battery than the stock battery. It does however have a great display and camera.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Slower processor, slower RAM, no UFS, no fingerprint scanner, no built-in wireless charging, no mobile payment, klunky UI like my GS4. Vegetable tanned leather plastic back. Battery life will be up in the air until we get some reviews but it doesn't bode well when Mophie Juicepack has a larger battery than the stock battery. It does however have a great display and camera.

Doesn't mophie have a juicepack that is larger than the S6?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't mophie have a juicepack that is larger than the S6?

Tongue firmly planted in cheek. Sorry. We'll have to wait and see. A power hungry display and an older, slower chipset may negate the larger battery. I just don't get how LG thought a better display and camera would be enough to compete. Samsung by comparison had a rather substantial epiphany.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Tongue firmly planted in cheek. Sorry. We'll have to wait and see. A power hungry display and an older, slower chipset may negate the larger battery. I just don't get how LG thought a better display and camera would be enough to compete. Samsung by comparison had a rather substantial epiphany.

Actually, the word is that the 808 chipset should help with battery (at least compared to the 810). I seriously doubt if the s6 battery that has been so maligned will come close to the larger LG battery.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Slow. Slow is relative. Particularly relative to the demands for speed. A Corvette may be slower than a Ferrari, but if you are driving on the highway, both are plenty fast.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Slow. Slow is relative. Particularly relative to the demands for speed. A Corvette may be slower than a Ferrari, but if you are driving on the highway, both are plenty fast.

Tell you what. I'll wave as my Ferrari flies past your Corvette. Exynos 7420 > Snapdragon 810 > Snapdragon 808.