10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

Ericks89

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Seriously the speeds of SD Cards and vs internal storage is pretty big, SD Cards are not fast... quite slow, it's like comparing SSDs to HDDs...
The only valid point is the removable battery but I have never needed or used an extra battery as I carry and have on me portable batteries and is always connected to the phone when it's not in use so the battery always stays on 100%.

Until there is a leap in battery technology we're never going to see the battery life of our old flip and nokia phones, those lasted me weeks without charging! I've gotten around this with portable battery chargers that actually have removable batteries for charging so I really don't care if the phone has it or not as the portable batteries work great just make sure you get one that has removable batteries though and is micro usb.

The G4 doesn't have wireless charging out of the box, yes we know you can buy a replacement back that has that but it beats the purpose though as it's an added cost. Plus the ram is slower as well, and I'm pretty sure the write speeds of the internal storage device are not on par with Samsungs or even Apples for that matter.

The only saving grace is the camera but it doesn't beat the s6 on it's face with a baseball bat, it's marginally better but not OMG better! The screen on this though is and will be awesome, but these are 5"+ screens where other than color makes a difference and both are at 2560x1440 and due to the s6 have a .4" difference the s6 will look sharper.

Spec wise... S6 is the better device, however c'mon if you're seriously into photography buy a real camera! Smartphones reached a point they can replace point and shoot cameras but are far from taking on high end cameras.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Seriously the speeds of SD Cards and vs internal storage is pretty big, SD Cards are not fast... quite slow, it's like comparing SSDs to HDDs...
The only valid point is the removable battery but I have never needed or used an extra battery as I carry and have on me portable batteries and is always connected to the phone when it's not in use so the battery always stays on 100%.

Until there is a leap in battery technology we're never going to see the battery life of our old flip and nokia phones, those lasted me weeks without charging! I've gotten around this with portable battery chargers that actually have removable batteries for charging so I really don't care if the phone has it or not as the portable batteries work great just make sure you get one that has removable batteries though and is micro usb.

The G4 doesn't have wireless charging out of the box, yes we know you can buy a replacement back that has that but it beats the purpose though as it's an added cost. Plus the ram is slower as well, and I'm pretty sure the write speeds of the internal storage device are not on par with Samsungs or even Apples for that matter.

The only saving grace is the camera but it doesn't beat the s6 on it's face with a baseball bat, it's marginally better but not OMG better! The screen on this though is and will be awesome, but these are 5"+ screens where other than color makes a difference and both are at 2560x1440 and due to the s6 have a .4" difference the s6 will look sharper.

Spec wise... S6 is the better device, however c'mon if you're seriously into photography buy a real camera! Smartphones reached a point they can replace point and shoot cameras but are far from taking on high end cameras.

Not only that. SD cards can get corrupted. Pay up get the 64GB and store the rest on the cloud or an external hard drive. If there is anything older than a year, offload the files.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Not only that. SD cards can get corrupted. Pay up get the 64GB and store the rest on the cloud or an external hard drive. If there is anything older than a year, offload the files.

my biggest concern with SD cards isn't the speed, I can wait an extra second or two. but if I lost my phone, there goes everything. I'd much rather keep my storage on an external hard drive at home or cloud network

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
my biggest concern with SD cards isn't the speed, I can wait an extra second or two. but if I lost my phone, there goes everything. I'd much rather keep my storage on an external hard drive at home or cloud network

There's risk with almost any option. Backup everything but only carry what you need.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There's risk with almost any option. Backup everything but only carry what you need.

This for sure. I am shocked how many people don't back up photos. Scares me since we usually see them here sometimes saying they lost their phone or damaged it and they lose priceless pictures. It isn't nice to see :(.

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The point about SD card is moot. You have 32gb internally- more than enough for the os and all your apps. The SD card will mainly store photos and video. Speed isn't an issue when you're watching a video.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
, however c'mon if you're seriously into photography buy a real camera! Smartphones reached a point they can replace point and shoot cameras but are far from taking on high end cameras.

I hate this statement and I see it all the time.

So, if I have 3 SLRs and two high quality mirrorless cameras, I am supposed to not care about the camera quality on my phone?

It is exactly people like me who want the best possible camera on their phone.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Yes they do, but I have never had one corrupt in the 13 years I have been using digital cameras.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes they do, but I have never had one corrupt in the 13 years I have been using digital cameras.

They corrupt more in phones than in a digital camera. My guess is the various material you can put on it -- but it definitely happens more than most think. We see it a lot in our "Ask a Question" section of the forum.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I hate this statement and I see it all the time.

So, if I have 3 SLRs and two high quality mirrorless cameras, I am supposed to not care about the camera quality on my phone?

It is exactly people like me who want the best possible camera on their phone.

It's a phone with a camera not other way around. The GS6 camera is as good as high end point and shoot. Do you really need more on an average day? To get SLR quality, we need bigger, thicker phones that cost way more than now, subsidized or full retail.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a phone with a camera not other way around. The GS6 camera is as good as high end point and shoot. Do you really need more on an average day? To get SLR quality, we need bigger, thicker phones that cost way more than now, subsidized or full retail.

I need the best that is available for Android. Is it the s6 or the g4? That is the question.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I need the best that is available for Android. Is it the s6 or the g4? That is the question.

If on an overall basis and cost is an issue, the GS6. For the camera alone, the G4 if cost is no issue and you don't care about the rest of the smartphone.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
If on an overall basis and cost is an issue, the GS6. For the camera alone, the G4 if cost is no issue and you don't care about the rest of the smartphone.

Yeah, I don't care about the rest. I am sure it makes calls and emails fine. I am sure it can display web pages. It is a phone. What else do I want it to do?

But I still am not convinced that the g4 is the better camera. It certainly has the features, but I have seen some shots that haven't convinced me yet. Will have to wait and see more comparisons with the s6.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
They corrupt more in phones than in a digital camera. My guess is the various material you can put on it -- but it definitely happens more than most think. We see it a lot in our "Ask a Question" section of the forum.

Yup. Last year my 64GB SanDisk Ultra sd card got corrupted. Thankfully most of the stuff I lost were music and videos that I already had stored somewhere else.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't care about the rest. I am sure it makes calls and emails fine. I am sure it can display web pages. It is a phone. What else do I want it to do?

But I still am not convinced that the g4 is the better camera. It certainly has the features, but I have seen some shots that haven't convinced me yet. Will have to wait and see more comparisons with the s6.

Personally, at this stage I think they will both make you happy. If anything snapseed will help and is required in my book for anything important anyway. If photography is important to you then digital editing is mandatory. Not even the best dSLRs get it right in all lighting conditions all the time.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Personally, at this stage I think they will both make you happy. If anything snapseed will help and is required in my book for anything important anyway. If photography is important to you then digital editing is mandatory. Not even the best dSLRs get it right in all lighting conditions all the time.

Hey if Warpdrive says it, it must be so. /s

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung may have a better phone but it should last a day.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
For most, it does. There are exceptions but the number of battery issues appear more carrier related absent the suspected Lollipop issue. There are unfortunately a lot of folk in this forum making it seem more prevalent. I hope that they are able to resolve their issues soon and enjoy their devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon