10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

anon(684254)

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For most, it does. There are exceptions but the number of battery issues appear more carrier related absent the suspected Lollipop issue. There are unfortunately a lot of folk in this forum making it seem more prevalent. I hope that they are able to resolve their issues soon and enjoy their devices.

I am quite sure that Battery cant last a whole day. Yes the camera is very good but some people cant compromise on the battery.

But I hate LGs UI so well..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I am quite sure that Battery cant last a whole day. Yes the camera is very good but some people cant compromise on the battery.

you're sure based on what you read on this forum? Come on man, thats not a fair ASSUMPTION. My S6 can go almost 36 hours, 24 hours isnt impossible to get out of it on medium use.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sold that the camera on the G4 is better than the S6 because it "went all in" on a f1.8 aperture. There's so much more that goes into making a great camera. It's probably pretty close either way, but give me Samsung on the image processing side everyday.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

anon(684254)

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
you're sure based on what you read on this forum? Come on man, thats not a fair ASSUMPTION. My S6 can go almost 36 hours, 24 hours isnt impossible to get out of it on medium use.

You are contradicting yourself.

I have M8 and its 25% by the team I reach home on a workday so I am quite sure S6 will be down to 10-15.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It may be based upon his personal experience only but I agree it is too broad a generalization when the preponderance of the evidence does not appear to bear out his certainty.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

And you would be wrong, completely. There are plenty of people who have posted screen shots of well over 24 hours of standby with light use. But for me I'll take 6 hours of SoT with 16+ hours of standby.

c3c24884ed0863d2ac51332e519a6e2e.jpg

41c7aefb08894f65cc8302f76dfb77b9.jpg

Beemed to you with the GS6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You are contradicting yourself.

I have M8 and its 25% by the team I reach home on a workday so I am quite sure S6 will be down to 10-15.

He has a valid point as his opinion is supported by the fact do his own experience. Since you don't actually own a GS6, what are you basing your conclusion on?

anon(684254)

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And you would be wrong, completely. There are plenty of people who have posted screen shots of well over 24 hours of standby with light use. But for me I'll take 6 hours of SoT with 16+ hours of standby.

Beemed to you with the GS6

I am genereally saying that Samsung should have given more battery than reducing the thickness.

He has a valid point as his opinion is supported by the fact do his own experience. Since you don't actually own a GS6, what are you basing your conclusion on?

Comparing the battery capacity to the exisitng two phones that I have.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Size doesn't correlate with battery life as the technology progresses. In the case of the M9. It has a huge battery in comparison having to power a display and chipset that are not as energy efficient the M9 lacks UFS 2.0. Higher performing, energy efficient hardware can offset the need for a large battery.

anon(684254)

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Size doesn't correlate with battery life as the technology progresses. In the case of the M9. It has a huge battery in comparison having to power a display and chipset that are not as energy efficient the M9 lacks UFS 2.0. Higher performing, energy efficient hardware can offset the need for a large battery.

I agree to this but having that battery size will not last ME the day. I am quite sure of that. However there are lots of people who can overlook this over the other features.

To each his own. :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree to this but having that battery size will not last ME the day. I am quite sure of that. However there are lots of people who can overlook this over the other features.

To each his own. :)

I agree. For whatever reason you believe this, we aren't getting anywhere with this line of discussion.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am genereally saying that Samsung should have given more battery than reducing the thickness.

Comparing the battery capacity to the exisitng two phones that I have.

Considering that I too have an m8 and I'm a huge HTC fan, I can honestly say after all this time that the S6 destroys the battery life of my m8 on lollipop.

Try to understand that you have not tried this phone and you are making assumptions based on myth. There is no battery life issue with this phone. Just look at my screen shots again and know that I gamed for 3 hours, played 2k and 4k videos on YouTube for an hour, browsed the Web for an hour, and played with a new phone like all of us do in the beginning.

I have everything turned on such as location services, wifi, and so on, with Android device manager and Samsung tracking both on and running, etc. Tell me how this phone needs a bigger battery for it to work for you again?

Posted via the Android Central App

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
But I still am not convinced that the g4 is the better camera. It certainly has the features, but I have seen some shots that haven't convinced me yet. Will have to wait and see more comparisons with the s6.
The LG camera may have surpassed the S6 camera spec-wise, but early samples show that they haven't caught up on the software processing level yet. Still, it may be close enough that full manual controls and JPG+RAW may easily tip the scales for enthusiasts.

There was a rumor that Samsung didn't finish the compatibility with Camera 2 API, but an update will enable full manual controls and RAW output. Again, just a rumor. I'm starting to think the leaked TMo edge 5.1.1 build and the Camera 2 API rumor were leaked by Samsung as a counter to the G4 announcement.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The LG camera may have surpassed the S6 camera spec-wise, but early samples show that they haven't caught up on the software processing level yet. Still, it may be close enough that full manual controls and JPG+RAW may easily tip the scales for enthusiasts.

There was a rumor that Samsung didn't finish the compatibility with Camera 2 API, but an update will enable full manual controls and RAW output. Again, just a rumor. I'm starting to think the leaked TMo edge 5.1.1 build and the Camera 2 API rumor were leaked by Samsung as a counter to the G4 announcement.

Yep. 100% agree with everything you state here. Just have to wait and see what final shipping G4 can produce vs. updated s6 if it ever comes....

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Really, really disappointing showing here from the g4. I had almost made up my mind for the g4 now I am really mixed up.

The main thing was that I want good low light performance, but the s6 killed it (admittedly only 1 shot to compare). But also, the good light photos were better on s6 as was the audio and video. g4 still has the better manual mode and RAW output in it's favor and killer low light focus (both speed and smoothness).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsAt_o8zxGw

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm no camera expert, but apart from the terrible microphone on the G4, the cameras were pretty much tied. The G4 autofocus was impressive!

If you're in to photography, surely you'd switch to manual mode anyway and the G4 would come out on top due to the array of options.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm no camera expert, but apart from the terrible microphone on the G4, the cameras were pretty much tied. The G4 autofocus was impressive!

If you're in to photography, surely you'd switch to manual mode anyway and the G4 would come out on top due to the array of options.

Nah, in this example other than focus speed the rear camera on the s6 was clearly better. If you can't see that, that is fine, but I could. As you say, g4 also has the manual mode and raw, but there are rumors that the s6 may get raw and improved manual mode which could put it above g4 in anything other than laser focus.

I am speculating too much- this guy could have a bad unit, or early software, etc. Will have to wait for reviews when the g4 actually ships.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nah, in this example other than focus speed the rear camera on the s6 was clearly better. If you can't see that, that is fine, but I could. As you say, g4 also has the manual mode and raw, but there are rumors that the s6 may get raw and improved manual mode which could put it above g4 in anything other than laser focus.

I am speculating too much- this guy could have a bad unit, or early software, etc. Will have to wait for reviews when the g4 actually ships.
My bet is early firmware version. Lots of time to update it. Hoping that since M9 got RAW output support that the GS6 might get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2