10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
man you really get defensive when anybody even slightly criticizes your phone. then u just take an unsolicited shot at a phone you've never even touched. lol ... I get it, but it's getting harder and harder to take your opinions seriously as you can sometimes come across as hypocritical.

Posted via the Android Central App

Answer was in context to rhetorical question from AD.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
man you really get defensive when anybody even slightly criticizes your phone. then u just take an unsolicited shot at a phone you've never even touched. lol ... I get it, but it's getting harder and harder to take your opinions seriously as you can sometimes come across as hypocritical.

Answer was in context to rhetorical question from AD.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
for you, but I replace mine almost every day and love the option. I'm glad it's not an issue for you, if it was obviously you wouldn't have purchased it.

what I don't get though is how offended some people get simply by someone else starting their opinion. it's not isolated to the S6, it's across the board. these are phones, and we all love android cause of options. some devices we like, others we don't, but at least we're not all sheep that take what's given to us. I'd think as Android fans more people would welcome difference of opinions instead of getting so offended. and it's tough to get someone's true feeling online, so maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get.

Let's set the record straight. Not offended. Just responding to your post. Believe me, you will know if I ever get offended. There will be no doubt.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Critique away. That's your right and I have no problem with it at all. Was there anything factually incorrect in my posts? I have also given kudos for the G4 where they are due especially it's display and camera.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Critique away. That's your right and I have no problem with it at all. Was there anything factually incorrect in my posts? I have also given kudos for the G4 where they are due especially it's display and camera.

I'll save it for tomorrow, the wife wants me to come to bed and that invitation happens far too seldom these days for me to pass up ... I'll be back in 3 minutes!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
fair enough ... I enjoy your passion and opinions. I mean u got what, like 300 posts to this thread? hopefully you don't take any of this that serious either!

Man, I enjoy the back and forth as long as it doesn't get personal. Along the way, I learn a ton from you guys. When I passed on the GS5 and was traveling on business for a majority of that year, the smartphone landscape changed drastically.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll save it for tomorrow, the wife wants me to come to bed and that invitation happens far too seldom these days for me to pass up ... I'll be back in 3 minutes!

Hey, this isn't 50 Shades of Grey...unless you the hyper glazed plastic faux metal back cover of a G4.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
no, i definitely don't know that for a fact, and i don't know why you'd be so offended simply by somebody's opinion. I hope I'm wrong, and I'll be first in line to admit I was wrong if and when that happens. I've recommended the S6 to family so obviously I think highly of it.

if u look at my post history, you'll see that I've never used the word "fanboy" and I'm not biased. I'm a Samsung owner, and I love the S6, but if I wanted it, I'd have it by now. why wouldn't I want the G4 to be "better" than the S6? I hope every flagship is better than the previous device, don't you? does that mean you hope it's worse?

my plan is to keep my next phone for 3 years minimum, so I think it's understandable that I wouldn't sign up for a sealed battery that small. after the moto x comes out, and we start to hear rumors about the 2015 Nexus, I'll decide on my upgrade then. chances are I won't get the G4. it's really nice, and I prefer a removable battery, but I'm definitely not in love with it.

I'm a heavy gamer and my m8 is doing quite well in the battery department after 14 months. I would say that with my latest testing that I have about 95% battery life as compared to brand new.

I will say that if I do have an issue with my S6 battery that I'll just get it replaced with my insurance as it has a low deductible and I'll get a new phone in the mail first before having to send it in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
it's an assumption. I just feel that with quick charge, and a small battery, it's inevitable. that said, I'll be the first person to admit I'm wrong if/when 12 months comes and original S6 owners aren't experiencing battery degradation.

The percentage of people who experience substantial battery degradation within 12 months would be really small. And let's say that it did - it would be covered under warranty.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
it's an assumption. I just feel that with quick charge, and a small battery, it's inevitable. that said, I'll be the first person to admit I'm wrong if/when 12 months comes and original S6 owners aren't experiencing battery degradation.

The note has quick charge.

Either way -- assuming something and stating it as a fact such as "all galaxy S6 owners will be coughing up to replace in 12 months" seems a bit on the very exaggerated side unless you have something to back it. Especially since most phones easily last 2+ years on the same battery.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm a heavy gamer and my m8 is doing quite well in the battery department after 14 months. I would say that with my latest testing that I have about 95% battery life as compared to brand new.

I will say that if I do have an issue with my S6 battery that I'll just get it replaced with my insurance as it has a low deductible and I'll get a new phone in the mail first before having to send it in.

do they send you a new phone or refirb? Samsung replaces the battery on the s6 and edge for $45 in a day. it has to be at least a year and 80% or less. it's actually a decent deal. barring some must have technology, I expect to get 3 years out of my next phone. before wyldkitten told me about that I figured it'd cost at least $100 for someone to replace it. that definitely factors into the decision.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The note has quick charge.

Either way -- assuming something and stating it as a fact such as "all galaxy S6 owners will be coughing up to replace in 12 months" seems a bit on the very exaggerated side unless you have something to back it. Especially since most phones easily last 2+ years on the same battery.

dude, if you're gonna quote somebody, at least get it right. that's not even remotely close to what was said or even implied.

and when was the note ever mentioned?

I'd continue this conversation, but not with someone that puts words into other people's mouths.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
dude, if you're gonna quote somebody, at least get it right. that's not even remotely close to what was said or even implied.

and when was the note ever mentioned?

I'd continue this conversation, but not with someone that puts words into other people's mouths.

Guessing the GN4 was mentioned as an example of another Galaxy device that has rapid charging. The other take away was that we have to wait and see as well as the fact that the GN4 has been out a while. I have not heard of any battery degradation as a result of rapid charging.

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
do they send you a new phone or refirb? Samsung replaces the battery on the s6 and edge for $45 in a day. it has to be at least a year and 80% or less. it's actually a decent deal. barring some must have technology, I expect to get 3 years out of my next phone. before wyldkitten told me about that I figured it'd cost at least $100 for someone to replace it. that definitely factors into the decision.

This

As a person who's actually critical of every phone as you'll notice in my posts (isn't that what forums are for?), the battery degradation thing becomes a none issue with this service. Is this offered in Europe though?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan