10 Reasons GS6 Is Better Than the G4

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
From a speed and performance perspective, it is not even close. Inferior display, processor and camera.

M8 is as fast and smooth as any current phone. Specs mean nothing to me, I live in the real world. M8 camera is fine for me, I don't take a lot of pics but the ones I have taken have been fine. I get it, you like the S6. I'll take the M8 over the S6 any day. Different strokes.....

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That was from this morning, I have charged it up since then. Battery life on the M8 has been excellent for me. Lollipop 5.0.1 on Verizon. Like I said, not trashing any other phones...obviously we all think our phone is the best or we wouldn't have bought it. :) But I'm very happy with the M8.
Edit: Here are some screen shots from a few days ago.
Awesome standby time.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Even if the M8 lasted an entire week on one charge, there's no way I could live with that camera. I love taking pictures and there's no way the M8 would satisfy me.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll reserve judgment until I see some screens from GSAM. I've had that phone and doubt Lollipop improved it to that degree.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge
I have the m8 since release. with ultra light use for me this is what I get.

9167d585ed2aeac961a84582e6eda73d.jpg

This is on KitKat btw.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
As you see, the m8 has some great battery life, but is also a wonderful phone for every day use. It might not be for everyone, and it might have a sub par camera. But it still has an ultra smooth ui and is blazing fast in anything that you throw at it. Gaming is great on this device and the battery just lasts and lasts.

I'm lucky in that I'm getting even better battery life with my S6 in both gaming and heavy use. But I won't get such standby times with light use like on my m8. (it's close, but not as good)

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
M8 is as fast and smooth as any current phone. Specs mean nothing to me, I live in the real world. M8 camera is fine for me, I don't take a lot of pics but the ones I have taken have been fine. I get it, you like the S6. I'll take the M8 over the S6 any day. Different strokes.....

I can see why someone would prefer the M8. Totally. So many great things going for it. But you're up against irrational fanboys who will continue to convince you your opinion is wrong lol You're not allowed to have your own feelings, you should look at the spec sheet and do as you're told. Because....numbers say so?

I held the M8 (&M9) in one hand, S6 in the other. Not even close - M8 feels awesome - in terms of feel in hand. That's just one aspect. Every phone has compromises and it's up to the user to weight their preferences.

Posted via the Android Central App

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I can see why someone would prefer the M8. Totally. So many great things going for it. But you're up against irrational fanboys who will continue to convince you your opinion is wrong lol You're not allowed to have your own feelings, you should look at the spec sheet and do as you're told. Because....numbers say so?

I held the M8 (&M9) in one hand, S6 in the other. Not even close - M8 feels awesome - in terms of feel in hand. That's just one aspect. Every phone has compromises and it's up to the user to weight their preferences.

We don't always agree, but this time it's different. I always say, get the phone that is right for you regardless of what is popular or hip at the moment.

Again, I love my S6 but I know that it is not right for everyone. For some, this phone is awesome. For others it can be nothing but problematic. But what ever your thoughts are, it is a great phone that was simply dogged by broken or lollipop plagued phones during reviews with T-Mobile devices.

For clarity, when users return a device once or twice and get a huge increase in battery life with their final phone, then yeah something was up with early T-Mobile devices. I originally agreed with Andrew that he couldn't have gotten two broken phones from T-Mobile, but now that a few members have such drastically different battery life on their current phones, I'm convinced that any review of the S6 from T-Mobile is broken or has some bad software/firmware and should not be used as an example of how this phone performs when it is not broke.

But again, it's almost hard to say that any phone from last year was bad as most were great and with drastically improved battery life as compared to the year before. Never listen to anyone and just get what you like and what will work best for you. If that is the S6, then cool. If that is the G4 or the m9 then also cool. After all, it is you who are paying your hard earned money and it is you who will have to live with your choice.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

There's zero wrong with choosing the M8. Great phone. Odd that someone is touting it in an S6/G4 thread, but still a great phone.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
We don't always agree, but this time it's different. I always say, get the phone that is right for you regardless of what is popular or hip at the moment.

Again, I love my S6 but I know that it is not right for everyone. For some, this phone is awesome. For others it can be nothing but problematic. But what ever your thoughts are, it is a great phone that was simply dogged by broken or lollipop plagued phones during reviews with T-Mobile devices.

For clarity, when users return a device once or twice and get a huge increase in battery life with their final phone, then yeah something was up with early T-Mobile devices. I originally agreed with Andrew that he couldn't have gotten two broken phones from T-Mobile, but now that a few members have such drastically different battery life on their current phones, I'm convinced that any review of the S6 from T-Mobile is broken or has some bad software/firmware and should not be used as an example of how this phone performs when it is not broke.

But again, it's almost hard to say that any phone from last year was bad as most were great and with drastically improved battery life as compared to the year before. Never listen to anyone and just get what you like and what will work best for you. If that is the S6, then cool. If that is the G4 or the m9 then also cool. After all, it is you who are paying your hard earned money and it is you who will have to live with your choice.

Believe it or not. I am totally on board with Warpdrive. It's your money and you should only get what works best for you whatever your reason. I did my research and continue to be confident with my purchase. When I am enthusiastic about a device, I only present my opinion which may be hyperbolic at times but only meant with the best of intentions and not to judge the quality of a post but, if something is posted that is an abject falsehood, someone has to call it in a civil manner.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As you see, the m8 has some great battery life, but is also a wonderful phone for every day use. It might not be for everyone, and it might have a sub par camera. (it's close, but not as good)
"Might"? :p

I know a lot of people "don't take a lot of pictures" so it doesn't matter anyway, but when I had the Treo and HTC Winmo phones, I never took pictures because the camera was subpar and didn't give a flying fig about it. Once I got the Evo 4G and saw how good the camera was (for its time), I started taking pictures like crazy, which I still do to this day. That's why camera is the number one feature for me, and given a choice of all the phones with ~5" screens running Android, I will always choose based on which one has the best camera.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S6,HTC-One-M8/phones/8997,8242

M8 not even close.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

dude, why would u do that?

the guy said "to each his own" and said the S6 is a great device, just not for him, then you **** on his parade with specs that a lot of people don't care about.

to him, he preferred the weight, and if that's what's important to him, than the M8 is the better choice.

most people don't notice or care if their app is .325 seconds faster ... and go ahead, run to phone arena and find exactly how much faster it is so you can remind everybody that your phone is better than everyone else's

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I heard someone on the AC podcast say the LG G4 has a function similar to the S6's double click to bring up the camera. Does anyone know what the similar function is?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
dude, why would u do that?

the guy said "to each his own" and said the S6 is a great device, just not for him, then you **** on his parade with specs that a lot of people don't care about.

to him, he preferred the weight, and if that's what's important to him, than the M8 is the better choice.

most people don't notice or care if their app is .325 seconds faster ... and go ahead, run to phone arena and find exactly how much faster it is so you can remind everybody that your phone is better than everyone else's

Please see my post above with quote from Warpdrive.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I think the S6 and S6 Edge are sexy phones. They just are not for me. I plumped for a Note4 and am loving it.

Also replaced my S5 Mini with this kicking A5 for my spare phone. I did think about the non removable battery on the A5 but I can live with that on my backup phone.

In about a years time I might get a S6 as a backup for my Note5 or whatever I upgrade my main phone to next.

Posted via my kicking Samsung Galaxy A5