2. ^^
3. Removable blah blah blah
4. Battery life
5. Leather
6. This is boring
7. I like curved backs
8. Bigger is better
9. Camera
10. Do we know if the display is actually better or not?

#Done.

Can somebody like me like both phones, just because they are both cool flagships? I don't even have the G4, and I think it's also a great phone.

Na, I must be an anomaly. Sorry folks, I know that I'm strange.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody like me like both phones, just because they are both cool flagships? I don't even have the G4, and I think it's also a great phone.

I think the G4 is a great device but I like the GS6 better especially as a more future proof device. The UI on the GS6 is much cleaner and smoother.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think the G4 is a great device but I like the GS6 better especially as a more future proof device. The UI on the GS6 is much cleaner and smoother.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Ok, Ok, if I had to pick just one, I'd pick the S6 every time. Not having to make a choice such as Qi vs PMA like the article on the front page is just one of the reasons I chose the S6.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I agree with your premise and your conclusion. I have a friend who is a former mod who loves both phones and another friend and current mod who has both and loves them. So, yes. People can love both. I don't love the S6, I see it as an improvement and the best Samsung device yet, but to me it'll always be second rate to phones that do buttons properly. Also, nothing is wrong with being strange. I'm strange. Is strange not okay?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Adding to that, if you like what you like, and I like what I like, why in the world would either of us care if what you like is not what I like or if what I like wasn't what you liked? Even worse, what if everyone liked the same things? What would we talk about? What's wrong with everyone liking what they like, wanting what they like, buying what they want and loving what they bought?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree with your premise and your conclusion. I have a friend who is a former mod who loves both phones and another friend and current mod who has both and loves them. So, yes. People can love both. I don't love the S6, I see it as an improvement and the best Samsung device yet, but to me it'll always be second rate to phones that do buttons properly. Also, nothing is wrong with being strange. I'm strange. Is strange not okay?
Strange is entirely relative and subjective.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
finally got my hands on the G4. was surprised how comfortable it was in hand considering its size.

when specs are as close as they've become, I don't pay attention to em, they just don't interest me. I judge a phone from real world use, nothing more.

I'm not gonna just the pros and cons of each, we all know what they are, but I have to admit I was kinda disappointed with the G4. I just couldn't get over the UX, it's really ugly imo and hasn't made much progress. can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually prefer TW.

I'm passing on both, I just don't feel like dropping the cash when both my phones are still good enough, and I'll probably just grab a Note and/or Nexus in a few months.

I can't think of 10 reasons, or even 5, why the S6 is better, but if I had to choose one it would definitely be the S6.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
People are strange when you're a stranger, faces are ugly when you're alone.
Women seem wicked when you're not wanted.... Wait what? We're not singing the doors? This is a phone forum? My bad.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
finally got my hands on the G4. was surprised how comfortable it was in hand considering its size.

when specs are as close as they've become, I don't pay attention to em, they just don't interest me. I judge a phone from real world use, nothing more.

I'm not gonna just the pros and cons of each, we all know what they are, but I have to admit I was kinda disappointed with the G4. I just couldn't get over the UX, it's really ugly imo and hasn't made much progress. can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually prefer TW.

I'm passing on both, I just don't feel like dropping the cash when both my phones are still good enough, and I'll probably just grab a Note and/or Nexus in a few months.

I can't think of 10 reasons, or even 5, why the S6 is better, but if I had to choose one it would definitely be the S6.

Even if you said that you liked the G4 better, I would respect your choice. There is nothing wrong with the note line of phones, and I'm sure that the next nexus is gonna nock it out of the park. The best thing about Android is that we have choices. I wish you luck with whatever you decide on the end.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
People are strange when you're a stranger, faces are ugly when you're alone.
Women seem wicked when you're not wanted.... Wait what? We're not singing the doors? This is a phone forum? My bad.

Dude, you are bad to the bone.

bob13bob

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung does not stop anyone from using the Adaptive Fast Charger that's included in the box 100% of the time.

incorrect. the fast charge charges at different rates depending how much charge the battery has. It's controlled by software.

The decision to add fast charge was most likely a marketing one, and not an engineering one. the qualm the user demand for replaceable battery. from an advertisement and sales perspective which sounds better:
we removed the function of a removable battery
OR
we removed the function of a removable battery, but are able to add 4 hours of battery with 10min of charge.

thought experiment: if you're an executive for these companies. How much long term battery longevity would you sacrifice to be able to add this feature which would sell more phones, which therefor increases your bonus.

unfortunately lg g4 followed suit to add fast charge after samsung announced. I'm even more worried about theirs because it was hastily added in response to competition rather than planned from the beginning.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
QC2 is supported by the SoC. LG supported it from the moment they chose the 808.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
incorrect. the fast charge charges at different rates depending how much charge the battery has. It's controlled by software.

The decision to add fast charge was most likely a marketing one, and not an engineering one. the qualm the user demand for replaceable battery. from an advertisement and sales perspective which sounds better:
we removed the function of a removable battery
OR
we removed the function of a removable battery, but are able to add 4 hours of battery with 10min of charge.

thought experiment: if you're an executive for these companies. How much long term battery longevity would you sacrifice to be able to add this feature which would sell more phones, which therefor increases your bonus.

unfortunately lg g4 followed suit to add fast charge after samsung announced. I'm even more worried about theirs because it was hastily added in response to competition rather than planned from the beginning.
Unless you are keeping your device more than three years , how much battery degradation are going to notice at that point?