How can I send pictures from my S6 via text messages?

A

AC Question

how can I send pictures from my s6 via text messages

I would like to know how can I send pictures from my Galaxy S6 Edge using text messages to my contacts.

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: how can I send pictures from my s6 via text messages

2 ways of doing this.

1. Open Messaging app > start a new message (or open existing chat) > choose contact > select the paper clip icon > select image and send

2. Open image you want to share > select share > choose messaging app > select contact and send.

You can practice by sending, or texting, a picture to yourself

Posted via the Android Central App

Aubrey Herzik

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Neither method you suggested works for me. You suggested:
1. Open Messaging app > start a new message (or open existing chat) > choose contact > select the paper clip icon > select image and send
I selected the contact and clicked the paper-clip icon. It showed me a page that says "Linked Contact" on the top, followed by Phone and Contact person's name below that. At the very bottom, it says "LINK ANOTHER CONTACT".

2. Open image you want to share > select share > choose messaging app > select contact and send.
I do not see a "messaging app". All I see are Email, Android Beam, Cloud, Bluetooth, Drive, and Facebook.

So what do I do now? Look for someone else's solution?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

When you select a contact using the stock messaging app, tap the paper clip on the left of the send message bar. This brings up the attachment drawer. Select image. Find image you want to send and select. Tap send.

What I'm thinking is that your trying to send a picture to a contact that has been linked. From there, it doesn't know where to send it to which link. Best way, is to unlink your contacts so they are separate.

Reason for this is that some linked contacts have multiple numbers, or no numbers at all. It doesn't know. So instead of it asking which number to that contact to send it, it brain farts.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Neither method you suggested works for me. You suggested:
I selected the contact and clicked the paper-clip icon. It showed me a page that says "Linked Contact" on the top, followed by Phone and Contact person's name below that. At the very bottom, it says "LINK ANOTHER CONTACT".

I do not see a "messaging app". All I see are Email, Android Beam, Cloud, Bluetooth, Drive, and Facebook.

So what do I do now? Look for someone else's solution?

When in your pic gallery, tap picture. On the bottom there is a share button, tap it. Tap contacts. Select contact.

Aubrey Herzik

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I tried your technique. My s6 has a plus (+) sign instead of a paper clip. I clicked on it, and it worked.
BTW, I noticed the solution was for the S6 Edge. It works for my S6 when I click the plus sign.

Keith Milisits

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

On my note 5 it will send it directly to the contact but doesn't take the text message I'm typing with it. Have tried everything I can think of still just allows direct sending of pics, files, videos, doesn't allow attaching them like on the note 4. Probably just going to install aftermarket SMS app.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

I think this person needs a remedial smartphone class...

moneysaverbob

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site

I just solved the problem. after you write your message there is a + to the left of the message bar
touch that and go to gallery and select picture and follow instructions.

moneysaverbob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair