So I guess I'm really not sure why I'm hesitant or just kind of ehhh...

Maybe some of the battery issues I've read of.

Maybe since my S4 is really all in all still in good shape and working condition.

Sure I don't think I'll hop to Apple, have an iPad and like it but don't really see myself going that direction with my phone. Like the open software platform of droid.

So, can anyone convince me? Should I hop to and get my perfectly functioning S4 on EBay or Swappa sooner than later and jump to the new S6 while I might still be able to sell it for a decent dollar?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-28-2015 09:38 PM
    And I guess I mean ehhh in a shrugs shoulders kind of way.

I feel like maybe since I can run the same apps on my S4 that I'd be able to on the S6 then I guess I'm like eh do I REALLY need a new phone right now?

I just feel like technology has slowed down a bit where now I feel like maybe I don't need a new phone every two years exact like I use to feel. Thoughts?

04-28-2015 09:44 PM

Maybe since my S4 is really all in all still in good shape and working condition.

Sure I don't think I'll hop to Apple, have an iPad and like it but don't really see myself going that direction with my phone. Like the open software platform of droid.

So, can anyone convince me? Should I hop to and get my perfectly functioning S4 on EBay or Swappa sooner than later and jump to the new S6 while I might still be able to sell it for a decent dollar?

First, not everyone is having battery issues. It gets magnified by the number of threads and posts on this forum.

Other than that, what would it take to make your decision. I came from the GS4 and have never regretted it. I have been on AT&T since 1994 and this is one of the best smartphones I have ever owned.
    04-28-2015 09:45 PM
    And I guess I mean ehhh in a shrugs shoulders kind of way.

I feel like maybe since I can run the same apps on my S4 that I'd be able to on the S6 then I guess I'm like eh do I REALLY need a new phone right now?

I just feel like technology has slowed down a bit where now I feel like maybe I don't need a new phone every two years exact like I use to feel. Thoughts?

We can answer questions but only you can decide. You won't go wrong if you decide to pull the trigger on the GS6.
    04-28-2015 09:48 PM
    Samsung went with premium build materials after years of plastic backing. It feels really solid and premium in the hand. They have an awesome QHD display that is great in sunlight and a faster chipset and UFS 2.0, both are more energy efficient. The device is lightning fast and smooth as butter with no noticeable lag.
    04-28-2015 09:51 PM
    We can answer questions but only you can decide. You won't go wrong if you decide to pull the trigger on the GS6.
    Sure I have the money and could buy it right at the moment if I really felt necessary, but man I don't know haha. I just feel like anymore are we all suckers for buying a new phone every year when essentially for the most part the S4, S5 and S6 can do pretty much the same thing?

Has anyone bought into these new "leasing plans" carriers have or are they a scam? I really haven't read much about them yet.

04-28-2015 09:53 PM
    It is thin and light. The wireless charging works great. It charges supreme fast. The UI is much better than on the GS4. Can't wait for Samsung Pay with NFC and MST. External speaker is much better at the bottom than on the back.
    04-28-2015 09:55 PM
    Sure I have the money and could buy it right at the moment if I really felt necessary, but man I don't know haha. I just feel like anymore are we all suckers for buying a new phone every year when essentially for the most part the S4, S5 and S6 can do pretty much the same thing?

Has anyone bought into these new "leasing plans" carriers have or are they a scam? I really haven't read much about them yet.

The plans depend upon the carrier and seem better. I went with the two year renewal option instead of the Next plan at AT&T. I got the 64GB model and still have almost 50 GB free.
    04-28-2015 09:57 PM
    The LANs depend upon the carrier and seem better. I went with the two year option. I got the 64GB model and still have almost 50 GB free.
    That is the one thing I do think is prudent though. If I am going to upgrade I see apps only becoming larger in size (certainly not smaller) in the foreseeable future almost to a point where even an average user could very easily run out of space with the 32GB model come a year and a half. And I'm thinking just from app data, not necessarily pics, etc.

04-28-2015 10:01 PM
    That is the one thing I do think is prudent though. If I am going to upgrade I see apps only becoming larger in size (certainly not smaller) in the foreseeable future almost to a point where even an average user could very easily run out of space with the 32GB model come a year and a half. And I'm thinking just from app data, not necessarily pics, etc.

If you offload pictures, songs, videos and file that you haven't touched in years on the cloud or external hardrives, 32GB should be enough for most folks. Given the huge type up I price, then the 64GB makes more sense. Also, be aware that even though the Edge looks really cool that the pricing takes a leap. For what I paid for my GS6, you only get the 32GB Edge. The Edge functionality to me did not justify the cost and it didn't feel as solid and premium in the hand. It's still a great looking device.
    04-28-2015 10:14 PM
    If you have half an hour to spend, check this video,out.

04-28-2015 10:17 PM

I've got a perfectly functioning S4 and four batteries that I use when needed. Don't buy the story that the S6 makes the S4 appear to be a lightweight. Everything I need to do now I'm doing with the S4 just fine.

There are bugs in a lot of the S6's or in the software that are causing problems. Not everyone has 'em but if you read the threads, they're there.

If you want to make the jump, go ahead. If you want to be patient and wait, that's OK too.

Just don't buy into the Kool Aid that the S6 is the latest and greatest as in five months there will be more phones on the market to choose from.... and you'll be hearing about the next batch of latest and greatest.

The S4 is a good phone and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

YMMV.
    04-28-2015 11:34 PM

I understand completely, the fact that many phones don't have the battery issue is NOT a comfort prior to purchase this product. It's a flaw, it needs to be corrected and IMO it's taken too long. There seems to be some quality issues also. If my GS3 wasn't on its last legs I wouldn't be so interested in this phone, however if I had the GS4 I might be hanging on.

One thing for sure, LG didn't blow my doors off with the G4 so the GS6 is still at the top of my list, but I need to see some effort on Samsung/Google/carriers part to correct a prominent issue.
    04-29-2015 05:54 AM
    I understand completely, the fact that many phones don't have the battery issue is NOT a comfort prior to purchase this product. It's a flaw, it needs to be corrected and IMO it's taken too long. There seems to be some quality issues also. If my GS3 wasn't on its last legs I wouldn't be so interested in this phone, however if I had the GS4 I might be hanging on.

One thing for sure, LG didn't blow my doors off with the G4 so the GS6 is still at the top of my list, but I need to see some effort on Samsung/Google/carriers part to correct a prominent issue.
    The Lollipop issue that is causing your issue would affect all Android device running 5.0.x. The other could be your carrier network and their tweaks on top of Lollipop and TouchWiz as well as you own personal expectations and results are different for everyone. Carriers should be more responsive and push out updates faster but this isn't the only Android device on their networks. Since they own the networks and we don't, they have the right to test to their hearts content so that their branded devices perform well on the network. The GS6 is not the best smartphone ever but it will probably be one of the top two or three this year. The GS6 is going well enough that Samsung reported its highest profit in nine months and garnered the top global smartphone maker by volume from Apple.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/New-f...months_id68813

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...-Apple_id68812
    04-29-2015 06:11 AM

I don't know what carrier you have, but with verizon, their edge program is actually saving me money. I will only end up paying around $100 for the 32gb gs6 where if I bought it outright I would have to pay $200 plus tax. I'm going to have it for 2 years anyway might as well get it cheaper. Verizon gives a $25 credit that continues after you pay the phone off as well. If you will be using your upgrade and don't consider upgrading every 2 years I would recommend it, it will save money now and would end up saving you 25 a month after you pay your phone off.
    04-29-2015 06:22 AM
    The Lollipop issue that is causing your issue would affect all Android device running 5.0.x. The other could be your carrier network and their tweaks on top of Lollipop and TouchWiz as well as you own personal expectations and results are different for everyone. Carriers should be more responsive and push out updates faster but this isn't the only Android device on their networks. Since they own the networks and we don't, they have the right to test to their hearts content so that their branded devices perform well on the network. The GS6 is not the best smartphone ever but it will probably be one of the top two or three this year. The GS6 is going well enough that Samsung reported its highest profit in nine months and garnered the top global smartphone maker by volume from Apple.

New flagships help Samsung report its largest quaterly profit in the last nine months

Samsung reclaims top smartphone maker by volume spot from Apple
    But...I'm not interested in their other problems. I need a new phone (if I didn't need it I wouldn't be purchasing this one, it's not a want thing for me) and the GS6 has some well documented problems, I don't have time to screw around with a new device if it doesn't perform its intended function. So for now I have to nurse this clunky GS3 along. And no...I don't want an iPhone although every other product I own is Apple.

This is a big new release, it's a money maker for the carriers & Samsung, I'd hope they'd be a little more reactive here.
    04-29-2015 06:23 AM
    But...I'm not interested in their other problems. I need a new phone (if I didn't need it I wouldn't be purchasing this one, it's not a want thing for me) and the GS6 has some well documented problems, I don't have time to screw around with a new device if it doesn't perform its intended function. So for now I have to nurse this clunky GS3 along. And no...I don't want an iPhone although every other product I own is Apple.

This is a big new release, it's a money maker for the carriers & Samsung, I'd hope they'd be a little more reactive here.
    Just to clarify. You still haven't purchased the GS6 yet. No problem and it's great to wait. For most, the device functions well not perfectly. Bugs and issues happen with early adopters who for the most part are experienced enough to have the confidence to pull the trigger. I have been an early adopter for all of the last eight smartphones that I have owned. Of the three Samsung devices, I have never regretted it. That doesn't mean that I don't have issue with my carrier or Samsung but they are functional issues like the klunkiness of TouchWiz in my GS3 and GS4 unrelated to hardware or OS. The,device has only been out three weeks.
    04-29-2015 06:35 AM
    Just to clarify. You still haven't purchased the GS6 yet. No problem and it's great to wait. For most, the device functions well not perfectly. Bugs and issues happen with early adopters who for the most part are experienced enough to have the confidence to pull the trigger. I have been an early adopter for all of the last eight smartphones that I have owned. Of the three Samsung devices, I have never regretted it. That doesn't mean that I don't have issue with my carrier or Samsung but they are functional issues like the klunkiness of TouchWiz in my GS3 and GS4 unrelated to hardware or OS. The,device has only been out three weeks.
    Same. I got mine the Sunday after they came out. Haven't had and major problems and am glad that I switched. If I wasn't ready the throw my iphone 5s out of a moving vehicle and hope that it got run over by a transfer truck I might have waited a little longer, but not much.
    04-29-2015 06:38 AM