So I have yet to register my device with Samsung. I do not use any Samsung apps and have not checked out their app store since I don't have an account. I was wondering what benefits are there to registering? Do you just get to use the app store and Samsung sign-in apps?

Also curious as to when you are ready to sell your device, is there a conflict or information obtainable but someone who buys your registered device from you? I figured it would be similar to Google where you just revoke access to your account for that device when ready to sell. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-29-2015 08:24 AM
    Benefits are next to nothing you know you don't have to register right

ballzac likes this.
    04-29-2015 08:46 AM
    So I have yet to register my device with Samsung. I do not use any Samsung apps and have not checked out their app store since I don't have an account. I was wondering what benefits are there to registering? Do you just get to use the app store and Samsung sign-in apps?

Also curious as to when you are ready to sell your device, is there a conflict or information obtainable but someone who buys your registered device from you? I figured it would be similar to Google where you just revoke access to your account for that device when ready to sell. Thanks.

When you register, it just creates a log of what devices are yours, and lets Samsung show you accessories/deals that have to do with your device(s) you own. You should also get an email with a 30-50% off accessories from Samsung if you spend at least $50 or so ... Your samsung account also is required to download themes from the theme store.

If / When you sell your device or get rid of it, you can just remove it from the account as one of your current devices.

All in all, the account isn't worth all that much, but I see no reason to NOT register your device since there are some benefits to doing it. Well, at least that's how I see it.
    ballzac likes this.
    04-29-2015 09:38 AM
    I always register mine. I used my 30% off coupon for 2 wireless chargers and an extra fast charging cable. That brought the chargers down to $34.99 each and $24.49 for the cable (USD). That's still too much for a cable IMO!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-29-2015 11:48 AM
    Registering also allows you to lock and locate your device in case it's lost/stolen

04-29-2015 01:21 PM
    Registering also allows you download the extra camera modes and extra filters from the Galaxy Apps store.

-# Cheers! #-
    04-29-2015 03:03 PM