Volume Warning on Bluetooth

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of an app that can get rid of the loud volume warning when connecting over Bluetooth? I'm sure if I root, I can do it, but not looking to root. I understand the warning is for safety , but the Bluetooth is really quiet for some reason in my truck compared to my previous phones. I need to have the volume set at full so that I can keep the volume of my truck stereo at a normal volume.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I get the same warning when connecting via headphone and it's annoying. I'd also like to know if there's an app.

Posted via the Android Central App

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Yea this is kind of annoying especially when driving, I dont want to have to unlock my phone and press ok while on the road, I remember being able to just increase media/BT volume to max on my Nexus 4 even while the screen is off while it is connected to BT

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hearing Saver app in GPS suggested in another thread, giving it a try

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hearing Saver app in GPS suggested in another thread, giving it a try

Please report back if it works out for you. Thank you.

A friend recommended A2DP Volume to me so I'm going to check that out. Seems to have separate settings for wired connections and bluetooth connections, even different setting depending on the bluetooth device you are using.

Last edited:

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Please report back if it works out for you. Thank you.

A friend recommended A2DP Volume to me so I'm going to check that out. Seems to have separate settings for wired connections and bluetooth connections, even different setting depending on the bluetooth device you are using.

So, I have set within the app to have my headphones full volume when headphones inserted. When i plugged in my headphones, i still got the warning but yes the volume was full. So it KINDA, not really solved the problem...the warning is built within OS foundation and cannot be bypassed, it seems (unless rooted which i do not want to do).

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So, I have set within the app to have my headphones full volume when headphones inserted. When i plugged in my headphones, i still got the warning but yes the volume was full. So it KINDA, not really solved the problem...the warning is built within OS foundation and cannot be bypassed, it seems (unless rooted which i do not want to do).

If I remember correctly in previous Galaxy versions if you used the Smart Volume option (Default Music App-Settings) it prevented that warning.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The AD2P Volume app has worked for my needs. It has options to set for when the audio jack is used or when you connect to a bluetooth device (each bluetooth device is handled separately). When I insert my headphones, the media volume will change to my pre-determined volume level and when I unplug the headphones, the media volume will be returned to its previous state. The same thing happens for my bluetooth. I set it so that when it connects to my truck's bluetooth, the media volume gets set to full, and launches Google Music. When I turn my truck off, the media volume resets to what it was before. When the volume gets set to full, I do not get the warning message.

You do need to configure each device as there are many settings such as it will remember where you park, etc. I am only using the media setting and have everything else disabled. The app also runs as a service. In my very limited testing, I haven't seen any noticeable impact on battery life from the app.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The AD2P Volume app has worked for my needs. It has options to set for when the audio jack is used or when you connect to a bluetooth device (each bluetooth device is handled separately). When I insert my headphones, the media volume will change to my pre-determined volume level and when I unplug the headphones, the media volume will be returned to its previous state.

I get the same...but did you still get the warning?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
If I remember correctly in previous Galaxy versions if you used the Smart Volume option (Default Music App-Settings) it prevented that warning.

The fact that I cant listen to my Google Play Music albums frustrates me otherwise id use the app. Any solutions? I dont want to download the albums and waste space, id rather stream them.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
No, I do not get the warning.

Installed. Even Though i save the volume when Jack is input at FULL, when i disconnect my headphone and put it back in it resets. I go to the app and all my settings are saved except for the volume level, which is reset.

Actually, you have to remove "remember last volume" and it looks to be working...but you still the get the warning. You cannot test this after you hit OK to acknowledge the warning, as it presumes each connection after has already accepted it. You need to reboot the device (or wait until this OK times out). At least i dont have to raise the volume anymore.

Last edited:

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Installed. Even Though i save the volume when Jack is input at FULL, when i disconnect my headphone and put it back in it resets. I go to the app and all my settings are saved except for the volume level, which is reset.

Actually, you have to remove "remember last volume" and it looks to be working.

Yes, I noticed that too. Sorry, I probably should have mentioned I had to uncheck that. There are a number of options and it is probably overkill, but it does what I want at least.

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
here's a tip. To ignore the warning: press the power button for sleep, press the volume all the way up without receiving the warning.

geolemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Fully agree - this warning message is dangerous! Not to my hearing, but to my life! I have to unlock the phone, override a warning message, then re-adjust the bluetooth volume on the phone, just because I chose to change from radio to bluetooth as I'm driving?
As I'm driving - this is unacceptably dangerous.

And really, in a second-hand way, to my hearing also - if I have to crank the volume to 45 to get a decent output level that matches the radio when I switch to Bluetooth... and listen all the way to my destination...
...when I get back in my car to drive home, the car holds the same volume level but always starts out on "Radio", which is then at an unbelievably loud volume level.

And that's to say nothing of the fact that the Bluetooth volume level is really just a line-level adjustment. Connected Bluetooth devices (like a car, or Bluetooth speaker, etc) have their own volume controls. It makes that warning inappropriate as well, as the warning then inherently isn't with regard to the actual volume level.

Totally unacceptable. On all levels.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Exactly, I agree with everything you've said. On many occasions I hop into my car and start driving before the music starts playing because my otherwise awesome 2014 Mazda6 takes longer than most cars to connect via Bluetooth. So I'm probably a half of a mile down the road when the music starts playing, but too low. I crank the music on the S6 volume rocker but nothing happens, even with the screen off. I need to look turn the screen on, look down, hit "OK" for the warning, find the volume rocker again and turn it and then almost go deaf as my car audio system I usually forget to turn the car audio volume down so the music almost blows out the subwoofer. This all happens while driving several times a week! What good is my hearing if I'm DEAD?

This is nanification at it's worse! Samsung needs to give us the option to eliminate this warning in the settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12