07-20-2016 09:09 AM
97 1234
tools
    Sony camera for Australian model

dreaming of electric sheep
    05-05-2015 03:08 AM
    How can us Verizon folk determine what we have? The fancy dial code doesn't work for us.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BUMPED any verizon methods out there or work around for finding out which sensor we have ? Our dial code service mode doesn't work.

I really want to know which sensor I have. I slightly feel lied too. I've seen the pictures on xda and there's definitely a difference. I'm just curious which sensor I have.

#VzwStruggle
    05-05-2015 04:03 AM
    BUMPED any verizon methods out there or work around for finding out which sensor we have ? Our dial code service mode doesn't work.

I really want to know which sensor I have. I slightly feel lied too. I've seen the pictures on xda and there's definitely a difference. I'm just curious which sensor I have.

#VzwStruggle
    I'd also like to know if there's a way to determine which sensor Verizon phones have. As already stated the fancy dial code does nothing on our phones.
    05-05-2015 06:11 AM
    05-05-2015 08:33 AM
    I'm amused and annoyed at the growing concern over this. Such a modest difference and the comparisons done are so far from scientific that I'm laughing at anyone worried about which sensor they have. An accurate assessment would at least require multiple devices, not just one of each, and done under the exact same conditions. Even if there is more than one article about this, one person doing a "test" and another one doing the same does not constitute a reliable comparison worthy of outrage.

We have bigger problems to worry about, humans.

davem2421 and bkeaver like this.
    05-05-2015 09:42 AM
    Still waiting for an answer on the Verizon method. Anyone?

mxrider821 likes this.
    05-05-2015 10:13 AM
    Still waiting for an answer on the Verizon method. Anyone?

From the XDA thread:
    ----------------------------------
    I don't think it's just the kernel, because my software says LL instead of LS as well. By the way, whether the photo is LS or LL shows up in the EXIF data as well under image ID.

For example, I had a couple of Galaxy S6s (which I kept replacing due to screen issues). The ones with the Sony sensor takes better images, unfortunately. Or perhaps it's just placebo. I dunno.

Image ID on the Sony: A16LSIA00VM
    Image ID on the ISOCELL: A16LLIC08VM
    -------------------------------------

My phone Exif data lists the LS, which means I have the Sony. Verizon S6 received on the 10th.
    05-05-2015 10:31 AM
    Yea on Verizon here and code doesn't work.

Posted via the Android Central App on S6 Edge
    05-05-2015 10:36 AM
    From the XDA thread:
    ----------------------------------
    I don't think it's just the kernel, because my software says LL instead of LS as well. By the way, whether the photo is LS or LL shows up in the EXIF data as well under image ID.

For example, I had a couple of Galaxy S6s (which I kept replacing due to screen issues). The ones with the Sony sensor takes better images, unfortunately. Or perhaps it's just placebo. I dunno.

Image ID on the Sony: A16LSIA00VM
    Image ID on the ISOCELL: A16LLIC08VM
    -------------------------------------

My phone Exif data lists the LS, which means I have the Sony. Verizon S6 received on the 10th.
    Where do we get this exif data? Don't see it in the details of my photos. Thanks.

05-05-2015 10:37 AM
    Where do we get this exif data? Don't see it in the details of my photos. Thanks.

There are photo apps that will give you the info. Or, if you search the web, there are sites that you can upload your pics to that will give you the info.
    05-05-2015 10:45 AM
    There are photo apps that will give you the info. Or, if you search the web, there are sites that you can upload your pics to that will give you the info.
    Found one right before I read this. Thanks. Mine is LS. Which I guess means Sony.

05-05-2015 11:01 AM

You can download an app like this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kado.exifviewx

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-05-2015 11:05 AM
    Galaxy S6 features either ISOCELL or Sony image sensors, here’s the difference http://www.androidauthority.com/gala...ameras-606222/

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-05-2015 11:56 AM
    Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge reportedly getting camera improvements with Android 5.1.1 http://www.androidauthority.com/gala...ements-606242/

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-05-2015 11:57 AM
    Looked at the exif info and I have the LS, which is the Sony sensor. Got the phone on 4-10.
    05-05-2015 12:12 PM
    samsung S6 duos 32 gb (philippines) - ISOCELL sensor here
    05-05-2015 05:10 PM
    Looks like I got the sony sensor. Looked at the comparison photos and actually think ISOCELL looks better in a few pics.
    05-05-2015 08:03 PM
    im on rogers up here in canada. got the sony sensor on mine.
    05-05-2015 10:41 PM
    I'm amused and annoyed at the growing concern over this. Such a modest difference and the comparisons done are so far from scientific that I'm laughing at anyone worried about which sensor they have. An accurate assessment would at least require multiple devices, not just one of each, and done under the exact same conditions. Even if there is more than one article about this, one person doing a "test" and another one doing the same does not constitute a reliable comparison worthy of outrage.

We have bigger problems to worry about, humans.

thats ridiculous. that also means that every single phone review would be void then since each reviewer probably only had one single phone to use.

the very first thing you can easily discern is the saturation is completely different with the sony sensor vs the isocell. this is on my calibrated retina macbook. this is also readily apparent in less lit areas as seen on the right side of the colourful transformer room where the isocell version looks dulled vs sony sensor.

as for bigger problems? this forum area is specifically about the s6. trying to argue by fallacy of relative privation does not change that.
    Gray Area and ray sital like this.
    05-05-2015 10:53 PM
    USA, Sprint, s6 edge, 32gb: I have the Sony imx sensor

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    ZephyrsDream likes this.
    05-05-2015 11:47 PM
    I think people who are getting IMX240 in their phones must be very happy, because they know what sony sensors are meant to them. Sony sensors are well known to produce more vibrant and accurate color saturation. Samsung must have had the shortage of IMX240 sensors from sony so they were compelled to use isocell sensors.
    05-06-2015 12:11 AM
    Used the Exif Viewer

Verizon Galaxy S6 Black Shappire 64 gb. Purchased May 2nd.

ISO CELL

Not sure how I feel about it though.
    05-06-2015 12:15 AM
    thats ridiculous. that also means that every single phone review would be void then since each reviewer probably only had one single phone to use.
    Every single review is void then based on they used one phone on one carrier. Since battery life can be drastically different on each carrier, all the reviews must then be void as far as your concerned, or at least the battery life test.

I'm not sure I agree or disagree, but I understand what you're getting at.

05-06-2015 12:29 AM

the very first thing you can easily discern is the saturation is completely different with the sony sensor vs the isocell. this is on my calibrated retina macbook. this is also readily apparent in less lit areas as seen on the right side of the colourful transformer room where the isocell version looks dulled vs sony sensor.

as for bigger problems? this forum area is specifically about the s6. trying to argue by fallacy of relative privation does not change that.
    When basing all this on one persons arguably less than precise comparison, yes that isn't a reliable indicator. It doesn't matter what device you choose to view the "test" on either.

Phone reviews aren't suggesting such fine differentiation as one would in these sensors and when they do make any sort of comparison, battery life for example, the responsible reviewers preface their statements to consider many factors.

05-06-2015 07:59 AM
    im on rogers up here in canada. got the sony sensor on mine.
    I'm on Rogers as well but the phone code didn't work for me - got an error. How did you make the determination?
    05-06-2015 08:10 AM
97 1234