05-07-2015 05:07 PM
    Sony for me. Verizon edge 64gb.
    05-07-2015 07:33 PM
    Sony for me. Verizon edge 64gb.
    I returned the Verizon S6 64gb white already. However, I saved
    some of the photos that I took with that phone. Based on the
    EXIF info, it had the Samsung sensor. I wondering if this is
    why I did not like the photos at all. (although the primary reasons
    for returning were no SD card slot and non-removable battery.
    05-08-2015 12:51 AM
    I'm wondering which sensor did they use during the MWC launch event? I have the Sony sensor and though the camera is absolutely great! I was particularly excited about those low light capabilities. At the MWC presentation I was amazed at the low light demonstration. Looking at the comparison shots all across the Internet it seems the isocell sensor is the one that gives these great lowlight pictures. And my personal experience with my phone in low light has been ok (better then any phone I've had before) but not as great as the demo at MWC.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    05-08-2015 09:39 AM
    I'm wondering which sensor did they use during the MWC launch event? I have the Sony sensor and though the camera is absolutely great! I was particularly excited about those low light capabilities. At the MWC presentation I was amazed at the low light demonstration. Looking at the comparison shots all across the Internet it seems the isocell sensor is the one that gives these great lowlight pictures. And my personal experience with my phone in low light has been ok (better then any phone I've had before) but not as great as the demo at MWC.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge������(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    was at my local Verizon corporate store today. took a couple of photos on the display S6 32gb black and emailed them to myself. just looked at the EXIF data now.... it's a Sony sensor. (unlike the Samsung sensor in the S6 64gb white that I returned previously... to the same corporate store)

perhaps someone can start a tracking page to determine which sensor you'll get... depending on carrier, color, storage size, serial or IMEI#, etc...
    05-08-2015 06:43 PM
    The 64gb gold for At&t that I have is Sony. I was going to suggest that the gold 64gb are Sony. I than saw that most every color but some on Verizon were Samsung. I was thinking that it had to do with GSM over CDMA, but the Gold Sprint 64 was Sony. Maybe it's just Verizon. I don't know. I'm sure glad that I have the Sony for the money I am putting in to this phone!
    07-05-2015 11:32 AM
    I've got the non Sony sensor in mine, oh well

Posted via S6
    07-05-2015 12:32 PM
    The Samsung sensor has better white balance. The Sony sensor makes whites way too white. Off whites look bright white with the Sony and require post picture processing or the use of pro mode to get natural colors.
    07-05-2015 04:01 PM
    I'm confused, entering the code on the keypad I show "LS" which appears to be Sony.
    Looking at the EXIF data, it shows name of an image as "A16LS....." which appears to be Sony, however in the EXIF data, the "camera maker" says Samsung.
    So, what do I have for the rear cam ?? haha

Fred
    07-05-2015 11:44 PM
    I'm confused, entering the code on the keypad I show "LS" which appears to be Sony.
    Looking at the EXIF data, it shows name of an image as "A16LS....." which appears to be Sony, however in the EXIF data, the "camera maker" says Samsung.

Fred
    I have a Verizon so can't enter code on the keypad. I also show A16LS on the EXIF data and the "camera maker " says Samsung. Does anybody know if it is still the Sony sensor or are new games being played?

Thanks.
    07-10-2015 02:48 PM
    It's seems likely that the EXIF is being written with Samsung because the photos were taken with a Samsung device - notwithstanding who actually made the chip. Just guessing though at possible explanation.
    07-10-2015 04:36 PM
    I have the Samsung sensor and when I called samsung to key them know I had a previous 64gb edge with Sony sensor and that my replacement 128gb edge had the Samsung sensor and want taking quite as good photos which I think is all in my head it's like they didn't know what I was talking about finally I got one guy that understood me and basically did they should all be the same. He said to send it in and he'll put in a note that my sensor is different not taking equal photos to the Sony sensor that I want a Sony sensor in it. When I asked if they would definitely put a Sony sensor in it he said he is not sure should I take that chance of sending it in for no reason. I got this replacement phone a week ago and got lucky to get the 128gb cause they had no 64gb, and it was brand new not a like new certified replacement. Unfortunately it had a Samsung sensor cause now I'm going crazy thinking the quality is off don't get me wrong the photos are still amazing. Just wondering if it's worth taking a chance shipping my phone to samsung hoping they even give me that sensor or replacing the one in there with the same samsung sensor and having to take apart my perfectly good phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-12-2015 02:56 AM
    It's placebo effect. Don't drive yourself crazy over it. The Samsung sensor is superior in certain circumstances.
    07-12-2015 05:07 AM

Fred
    I have a Verizon so can't enter code on the keypad. I also show A16LS on the EXIF data and the "camera maker " says Samsung. Does anybody know if it is still the Sony sensor or are new games being played?

Thanks.
    Download AIDA64 from Play store and tap on DEVICES.

I have the isocell. Tomshardware and a member from xda compared the two and the Sony came out better in every situation.

I can't post links since my post count is less than 10. You can google it for the full review. Here's the conclusion:

"Based on these sample images it appears that an S6 with the Sony IMX240 sensor produces better overall results than one with the Samsung S5K2P2 sensor. While the two may be considered equal in certain scenarios, the S6 with Samsung sensor has difficulty setting the white balance correctly, produces oversaturated colors, and suffers a greater loss of detail due to software noise reduction."

XDA member, Apoxx

"So I ordered another Edge while waiting to return the one with Isocell, and when it arrived I was happy to see that it had the Sony camera.
    I had them both for an afternoon before returning the isocell, so I was able to take a few comparison shots. All images taken on auto mode, trying to frame as similar scene as I could.

Isocell Flickr Album: flic.kr/s/aHskgbTRJT
    Sony Flickr Album: flic.kr/s/aHskfytaUq

In my honest opinion, the Sony does way better. More detail, and better low light."
    07-16-2015 12:37 AM
    I try AIDA64 from Play store and get Sony for Rear but SS for front cam
    08-18-2015 12:16 AM
    Can I ask a very dumb question? Does dialing that number and checking which sensor you have damage the device or void any kind of warranty? I'm not like hacking my phone am I?
    08-18-2015 01:26 AM
    Can I ask a very dumb question? Does dialing that number and checking which sensor you have damage the device or void any kind of warranty? I'm not like hacking my phone am I?
    It does nothing to the phone -- you're fine.
    08-18-2015 02:41 AM
    I prefer Sony. We have 3 S6's in our house. Two on contract from optus here in Australia. And one I bought outright on release day. The outright one seems to have the same red/pink or green hues at low light that most previous galaxies had. And the two on contract don't. Also the two take slightly less saturated and better photos. Even though I got the outright one on release day it seems to have isocell. The other contracted two are Sony. So I can definitely tell.
    11-14-2015 07:11 AM
    Sony on my s6 920i version

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-14-2015 08:36 PM
    Recently I bought Samsung Galaxy S6 (in Latvia, Europe). I got Samsung Isocell (SLSI_S5K2P2_FIMC_IS) camera sensor. When I film using 60fps mode at low light conditions, i got vibrating blue violet video noise on every black place. My friend got Sony sensor in his device, and there is not such a problem.
    Can anybody check this 60fps filming mode in low light on your Galaxy S6 series phone, especially if you got Samsung Isocell camera sensor?
    I got video example, but cause I'm new user here, forum did not allow me to share it with you To illustrate it, I can only give youtube video link watch code: mu036C41By0 . There is also original file shared in the youtube's video description.
    02-02-2016 10:49 AM
    report to be samsung sensors.
    See more picture with this camera here : https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apfkhx_2a8oiglu1fSZWZ-0uOKQ7
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S6 uses two different camera sensors...Sony and samsung-screenshot_20160720-150520.jpg  
    07-20-2016 09:09 AM
97 ... 234