Galaxy S6 uses two different camera sensors...Sony and samsung

pogi920

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine is samsung lense as well.. are there any differences in terms of picture quality...?

Posted via the Android Central App

joeszef

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Mine is samsung lense as well.. are there any differences in terms of picture quality...?

There were comparisons posted on XDA S6 Camera Thread, it turns out Sony exceeds but not really that much of difference.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Has it been determined if this is completely random or if certain carrier or region phones have the different lenses?

Most of us would never have even noticed or cared but now that it's been pointed out it is a mental thing.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How can us Verizon folk determine what we have? The fancy dial code doesn't work for us.

BUMPED any verizon methods out there or work around for finding out which sensor we have ? Our dial code service mode doesn't work.

I really want to know which sensor I have. I slightly feel lied too. I've seen the pictures on xda and there's definitely a difference. I'm just curious which sensor I have.

#VzwStruggle

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
BUMPED any verizon methods out there or work around for finding out which sensor we have ? Our dial code service mode doesn't work.

I really want to know which sensor I have. I slightly feel lied too. I've seen the pictures on xda and there's definitely a difference. I'm just curious which sensor I have.

#VzwStruggle

I'd also like to know if there's a way to determine which sensor Verizon phones have. As already stated the fancy dial code does nothing on our phones.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm amused and annoyed at the growing concern over this. Such a modest difference and the comparisons done are so far from scientific that I'm laughing at anyone worried about which sensor they have. An accurate assessment would at least require multiple devices, not just one of each, and done under the exact same conditions. Even if there is more than one article about this, one person doing a "test" and another one doing the same does not constitute a reliable comparison worthy of outrage.

We have bigger problems to worry about, humans.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for an answer on the Verizon method. Anyone?

From the XDA thread:
----------------------------------
I don't think it's just the kernel, because my software says LL instead of LS as well. By the way, whether the photo is LS or LL shows up in the EXIF data as well under image ID.

For example, I had a couple of Galaxy S6s (which I kept replacing due to screen issues). The ones with the Sony sensor takes better images, unfortunately. Or perhaps it's just placebo. I dunno.

Image ID on the Sony: A16LSIA00VM
Image ID on the ISOCELL: A16LLIC08VM
-------------------------------------

My phone Exif data lists the LS, which means I have the Sony. Verizon S6 received on the 10th.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
From the XDA thread:
----------------------------------
I don't think it's just the kernel, because my software says LL instead of LS as well. By the way, whether the photo is LS or LL shows up in the EXIF data as well under image ID.

For example, I had a couple of Galaxy S6s (which I kept replacing due to screen issues). The ones with the Sony sensor takes better images, unfortunately. Or perhaps it's just placebo. I dunno.

Image ID on the Sony: A16LSIA00VM
Image ID on the ISOCELL: A16LLIC08VM
-------------------------------------

My phone Exif data lists the LS, which means I have the Sony. Verizon S6 received on the 10th.

Where do we get this exif data? Don't see it in the details of my photos. Thanks.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
There are photo apps that will give you the info. Or, if you search the web, there are sites that you can upload your pics to that will give you the info.

Found one right before I read this. Thanks. Mine is LS. Which I guess means Sony.

Last edited: