Galaxy S6 uses two different camera sensors...Sony and samsung

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm amused and annoyed at the growing concern over this. Such a modest difference and the comparisons done are so far from scientific that I'm laughing at anyone worried about which sensor they have. An accurate assessment would at least require multiple devices, not just one of each, and done under the exact same conditions. Even if there is more than one article about this, one person doing a "test" and another one doing the same does not constitute a reliable comparison worthy of outrage.

We have bigger problems to worry about, humans.

Posted via the Android Central App

thats ridiculous. that also means that every single phone review would be void then since each reviewer probably only had one single phone to use.

the very first thing you can easily discern is the saturation is completely different with the sony sensor vs the isocell. this is on my calibrated retina macbook. this is also readily apparent in less lit areas as seen on the right side of the colourful transformer room where the isocell version looks dulled vs sony sensor.

as for bigger problems? this forum area is specifically about the s6. trying to argue by fallacy of relative privation does not change that.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
USA, Sprint, s6 edge, 32gb: I have the Sony imx sensor

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Dave3003102

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I think people who are getting IMX240 in their phones must be very happy, because they know what sony sensors are meant to them. Sony sensors are well known to produce more vibrant and accurate color saturation. Samsung must have had the shortage of IMX240 sensors from sony so they were compelled to use isocell sensors.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
thats ridiculous. that also means that every single phone review would be void then since each reviewer probably only had one single phone to use.

Every single review is void then based on they used one phone on one carrier. Since battery life can be drastically different on each carrier, all the reviews must then be void as far as your concerned, or at least the battery life test.

I'm not sure I agree or disagree, but I understand what you're getting at.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

the very first thing you can easily discern is the saturation is completely different with the sony sensor vs the isocell. this is on my calibrated retina macbook. this is also readily apparent in less lit areas as seen on the right side of the colourful transformer room where the isocell version looks dulled vs sony sensor.

as for bigger problems? this forum area is specifically about the s6. trying to argue by fallacy of relative privation does not change that.

When basing all this on one persons arguably less than precise comparison, yes that isn't a reliable indicator. It doesn't matter what device you choose to view the "test" on either.

Phone reviews aren't suggesting such fine differentiation as one would in these sensors and when they do make any sort of comparison, battery life for example, the responsible reviewers preface their statements to consider many factors.

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Dialing that code doesn't work on Verizon.
I just tried it using a Sprint phone and it doesn't work either.

Edit: Never mind, I forgot one of the pound signs.

7b5f46c89516b7f6e4ac4391ded2217f.jpg

Looks like I have the Sony one.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I finally just got to take a good look at the differences in the pics on the above link ... and quite frankly, to ME, the Samsung sensor images look better. Both sensors seem to do a wonderful job, but in the "not so great" lighting conditions, the sony sensor looks like it's adding a blue tint to everything.

In all fairness, in daytime images and/or images with a lot of different colors in them, both images look extremely similar and of equal quality. Also, without seeing the subject of each photo with my own eyes, it's impossible to know which sensor is capturing the more "true to life" color/hue/saturation/etc in the photo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1