10-30-2015 06:52 PM
183 1234 ...
tools
    Based on the themes available im speaking of, they're aimed at 5-7 year olds. If those kids have S6 phones, all I can say is LUCKY! Samsung doesnt support multiple accounts like Stock Android does (unless i missed it) so its not shared accounts with their parent phones.
    Not currently available but coming in the next update, confirmed by the 5.1.1 update that the lucky T-Mobile's S6 edge guy got yesterday.
    04-30-2015 08:24 AM
    I'm loving this theme engine. Sure they're not all winners but I love the option!
    04-30-2015 08:26 AM
    I'm loving this theme engine. Sure they're not all winners but I love the option!
    I agree, even if I dont like the themes available i am still happy that we have it and very excited to see things progress.
    04-30-2015 09:06 AM
    Click on "more" next to developers name when u click an theme by them

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    I must be missing something here. When I go to the theme store, the only "more" I see is next to each category of themes where you can expand that category to see more themes. I don't see anything about "developers" and a "more" button next to them ... and I have clicked everything I can to see more themes and don't see the STRIKE theme.

The gray/red color scheme looks cool, and I wanna try it out behind my Nova Prime setup (right now I'm using the Urban theme colors) ... Can you be more specific about how to find the STRIKE theme?
    04-30-2015 09:38 AM
    Vintage with the piano looks interesting.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    04-30-2015 09:42 AM
    I do hope they add the option in the future so that I can keep my current wallpapers. Each time I apply a theme, my next step is to replace the wallpaper for my lock screen and my home screen.
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-30-2015 09:47 AM
    I do hope they add the option in the future so that I can keep my current wallpapers. Each time I apply a theme, my next step is to replace the wallpaper for my lock screen and my home screen.
    I don't mind having to change the wallpapers for home/lock screens once applying a theme (and the messaging app background is also still customizable) ... what sorta bothers me are some of the background choices for the phone dialer, keyboard, etc. A few of the themes have a nice color field overall, but then there are these strange/busy backgrounds that you can't change in other apps/portions of the phone. THAT is what bugs me.

I think I'm going to sign up to be a theme developer if they let me. I do a bit of graphics work on the side and for fun, and think I can come up with some nice, simple/elegant themes that are more "adult oriented" ... but again, Samsung is going to have to let me on the "team" for me to do that.
    DWS44 and mrsean67 like this.
    04-30-2015 10:17 AM
    I must be missing something here. When I go to the theme store, the only "more" I see is next to each category of themes where you can expand that category to see more themes. I don't see anything about "developers" and a "more" button next to them ... and I have clicked everything I can to see more themes and don't see the STRIKE theme.

The gray/red color scheme looks cool, and I wanna try it out behind my Nova Prime setup (right now I'm using the Urban theme colors) ... Can you be more specific about how to find the STRIKE theme?
    Go to latest theme and open the Night Bridge one, when you are looking at the description at the end of that there you will see "Themes by dlto" if you click More there will bring you all themes from that developer.
    smooth4lyfe and Wiggum333 like this.
    04-30-2015 10:55 AM
    Go to latest theme and open the Night Bridge one, when you are looking at the description at the end of that there you will see "Themes by dlto" if you click More there will bring you all themes from that developer.
    Thanks, I found it now. It's a shame though, how all these themes have so much potential, but then there are these very odd icons and/or background images embedded into certain apps/portions of the launcher. IE: the STRIKE theme colors are GREAT, but when you go to the phone dialer, the phone is a red baseball with a phone on it (puke).

someone needs to do a theme or two that are just changing the colors of the menus etc. and adding subtle color/gradients behind stuff like the phone dialer, contacts, etc.

Less is more ... simple is better <---- for me at least.
    deeb215 and mrsean67 like this.
    04-30-2015 11:07 AM
    I just want one good stock Lollipop theme. Then my S6 will be set. TouchWiz already has a lot of material design aspects, but I need just a few last bits. I hate the way folders look on the TouchWiz launcher.
    05-01-2015 11:32 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to see a simple red/black theme. No goofy superhero's, or baseball, etc. Keep it simple, change some colors, icons, etc.
    05-01-2015 11:54 AM
    The theme market is full of fail. I hope they get some decent developers soon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Inders99 and joesworld like this.
    05-01-2015 11:58 AM
    Not to be stupid, but where is the Theme Store?
    05-02-2015 05:16 AM
    Not to be stupid, but where is the Theme Store?
    settings-scroll to themes-click store at the top right
    05-02-2015 05:50 AM
    The theme market is full of fail. I hope they get some decent developers soon.

I hope they open up the option for PAID themes. I think developers will be more motivated if they are going to be compensated for their time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-06-2015 07:35 PM
    I hope they open up the option for PAID themes. I think developers will be more motivated if they are going to be compensated for their time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Agreed. It can only help.
    05-06-2015 07:40 PM
    You would think Samsung would atleast have a dark theme. Ie basically there default white theme except being white. What really would help is having the ability to install themes from the Play store.

smooth4lyfe and bcbbanga4l like this.
    05-06-2015 08:31 PM
    What is taking so long to get a simple, dark theme -_-
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    05-07-2015 05:05 PM
    What is taking so long to get a simple, dark theme -_-
    The closest I found for a dark theme is the dal.komm coffee theme. Not a total black display, but it is dark. Other than that, I haven't found anything dark.
    05-07-2015 05:15 PM
    Wow all these themes are terrible. They are made for 6 year olds. There is like one decent theme on there. Maybe two. Come on Samsung. Give us one Material Design theme following googles guidelines and call it a day. Stop letting the 9 year olds design the themes!!!

smooth4lyfe and mrsean67 like this.
    05-07-2015 05:21 PM
    I still can't believe that one of the very first things they didn't do with themes was to simply do different color combinations to the menus, withOUT changing any backgrounds, graphics, etc. Just fix the goofy stock android/samsung colors ... It seems like that would be the most simple and quick thing to do, and offer quite a bit of customization right off the bat.

OR ... and I think I already said this ...

Just add the functionality to let the user adjust the colors on their own w/out having to really invoke a "theme" ... same way that Windows has that interface where you can adjust window colors, title bar, font, other elements, etc. And allow the user to save these "custom color schemes" to their phone.

Honestly, that's ALL I want ... I'm not into "themes" ... the ONLY reason I have installed and use URBAN is because I'm happier with the menu colors than the stock "theme". And honestly, there's still a good bit of the URBAN theme I'd change with respect to some of the colors if it were up to me.
    deeb215 and DWS44 like this.
    05-07-2015 05:25 PM
    I still can't believe that people are actually talking about these crappy Samsung themes when they have much better options like Nova and action launchers. The Samsung themes are embarrassingly Bad.

05-07-2015 05:57 PM
    I still can't believe that people are actually talking about these crappy Samsung themes when they have much better options like Nova and action launchers. The Samsung themes are embarrassingly Bad.

When you apply a theme the menu colors stay active even when you activate Nova. So its not even a matter of wanting/using the theme ... its just a way to get your menus changed.
    05-07-2015 06:30 PM
    When you apply a theme the menu colors stay active even when you activate Nova. So its not even a matter of wanting/using the theme ... its just a way to get your menus changed.
    Good point.

neiljay6 likes this.
    05-07-2015 06:52 PM
    I'd like to see some simple modern dark themes myself. I'm waiting for the reply for the Partnership Request from Samsung
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    05-07-2015 07:39 PM
183 1234 ...