10-30-2015 06:52 PM
183 12345 ...
tools
    Haven't been impressed with the theme selection at present but I keep checking back. Happy with TouchWiz for now. Developers will need some time to get started. Pretty excited. Remember themes from my RIM days but then they just changed the homescreen, not nearly as extensive as they are now.
    05-07-2015 08:15 PM
    Wow all these themes are terrible. They are made for 6 year olds. There is like one decent theme on there. Maybe two. Come on Samsung. Give us one Material Design theme following googles guidelines and call it a day. Stop letting the 9 year olds design the themes!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    I think the 6 year old cutesie stuff is cultural to Korea, and maybe most of Asia. I used to fly to Japan for work, and was Hello Kitty'd to death. And this was many years ago. The problem is Americans (and others cultures) don't share this fascination. Samsung should wise up. We are grown ups here.
    Here is a blogger's take on it:

Ask a Korean!: Why Do Koreans Like Cute Things?
    05-07-2015 08:49 PM
    I think the 6 year old cutesie stuff is cultural to Korea, and maybe most of Asia. I used to fly to Japan for work, and was Hello Kitty'd to death. And this was many years ago. The problem is Americans (and others cultures) don't share this fascination. Samsung should wise up. We are grown ups here.

If it weren't for those same Koreans, you wouldn't have the GS6.
    05-07-2015 08:52 PM
    What does this have to do with anything? So Samsung shouldn't bother appealing to a wider variety of consumers, because "if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have the phone at all"?
    mrsean67 likes this.
    05-07-2015 09:10 PM

Interesting read, thanks for posting that link.

05-07-2015 09:11 PM
    RIM days..lol I remember making themes for the Storm,,,lol
    It was a PITA at times, trying to do stuff Plazmic couldn't do, but fun, especially the Hidden themes, using Hot Spots(areas of the screen, with no icons, that you 'clicked' to get somewhere)
    Found this old thread of one I did ,,heh
    Change the xx to tt> hxxp://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-storm-9530-9500-themes-f131/hidden-iii-283731/#post3224719

I can't post URLs yet :/
    05-07-2015 09:15 PM
    All of the theme are gorgeous @ smooth4lyfe
    05-07-2015 09:19 PM
    What does this have to do with anything? So Samsung shouldn't bother appealing to a wider variety of consumers, because "if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have the phone at all"?
    Read the original post. Koreans like any other culture have their own unique culture morays and preferences. Of course, they should appeal to as broad an audience possible. The device has only been out a month. If you want better themes, there's really nothing stopping you from making one, is there?
    05-07-2015 09:27 PM
    All of the theme are gorgeous @ smooth4lyfe
    Subjective opinion, but I respect it
    They are all well made, but too colorful for my tastes
    The Nike one however, is the laziest made theme in the whole store
    05-07-2015 09:38 PM
    I certainly didn't mean to put down the Koreans, and I do appreciate the Gs6. I j just don't happen to want to immerse myself in their cutesie cultural stuff. Sorry if I offended you.
    05-07-2015 10:41 PM
    I certainly didn't mean to put down the Koreans, and I do appreciate the Gs6. I j just don't happen to want to immerse myself in their cutesie cultural stuff. Sorry if I offended you.
    Apology accepted. Be patient. It's still relatively early. Just keep checking back at the Theme Store. I haven't exactly been terribly impressed with the selection.
    05-08-2015 06:05 AM
    If you are perplexed by how your comments resulted into that exchange, you're not alone. Hang in there.
    jschu22 likes this.
    05-08-2015 07:04 AM
    Ok I was writing my previous post while you were answering this, but, which theme's developer is that one from?

Update - Don't bother I found it under the Night Bridge Developer's themes. Thanks.
    Shoot. I looked there and can't find it. Developer dlto? Maybe not on Verizon? I really like baseball one, dang it!
    05-08-2015 03:27 PM
    BMW theme isn't too bad. I noticed that with the theme, my calendar icon no longer changes with the date, but instead displays the number 31.
    05-08-2015 03:59 PM
    Are there no business-google-looking themes availabe og coming up? Most themes look like cartoons while I use my phone for business and would like it to look that way too..
    05-08-2015 04:24 PM
    BMW theme isn't too bad. I noticed that with the theme, my calendar icon no longer changes with the date, but instead displays the number 31.
    Just saw this one I like!
    And yeah a lot of the themes dont change the calendar
    05-08-2015 04:34 PM
    Just saw this one I like!
    And yeah a lot of the themes dont change the calendar
    That kind of deters me form trying it. Hopefully, theme developers will develop themes that don't lose functionality.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    05-08-2015 05:01 PM
    There are three or four themes I like that have the fatal flaw where there's not enough contrast in the toggle buttons between on and off. Still using Urban with custom wallpaper.
    05-08-2015 11:50 PM
    Most themes have a cartoony look. Don't they make any that are more business-looking.?
    05-09-2015 08:06 AM
    Most themes have a cartoony look. Don't they make any that are more business-looking.?
    Not thrilled with the selection. Keep checking back.
    majgaard likes this.
    05-09-2015 08:19 AM
    You would think that somewhere there is a developer who has made some more business-like or at least more subdued themes. It would be interesting to know how many developer theme submissions that Samsung has had and the percentage of them they are actually approving and posting. Seems like there would have been a lot more available by now than the relatively slow pace they are appearing.
    majgaard likes this.
    05-09-2015 12:09 PM
    The theme store itself could use a lot of work. There's no way to search for themes individually. That's probably gonna be a problem as it grows. All I want out of it is one good stock theme. I would use Nova, but Samsung has blocked its widgets on other launchers and the weather widget is the best.
    05-09-2015 12:36 PM
    Subjective opinion, but I respect it
    They are all well made, but too colorful for my tastes
    The Nike one however, is the laziest made theme in the whole store
    Yeah, well defined.
    05-09-2015 08:19 PM
    The BMW isn't bad, it seems to be more on the lines that a lot of us are looking for. The dark clock font makes it a little tricky looking for other walls to work with the theme though.
    I'm still waiting for the reply for the Partnership Request from Samsung :/
    05-09-2015 09:19 PM
    The rollout of new themes for the store seem extremely slow. I thought there would easily be at least 50+ themes by now.

craigrn16 and DWS44 like this.
    05-12-2015 06:34 PM
183 12345 ...