10-30-2015 06:52 PM
183 ... 23456 ...
tools
    New themes are still trash

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2015 08:07 AM
    How do you remove a theme that has been applied? Thought I would try a theme but hate the whole idea and just want it gone but I can't find anywhere to remove it. I can't delete it because it tells me it has been applied.

05-18-2015 05:07 PM
    Go apply a different theme (stock theme), then go back into "themes" and delete the theme you want to get rid of.
    racedog likes this.
    05-18-2015 05:12 PM
    I'm using the Indian one now.
    05-18-2015 05:23 PM
    Go apply a different theme (stock theme), then go back into "themes" and delete the theme you want to get rid of.
    Thanks, that worked. Those "themes" are horrendous, most look like a kindergarten art class.

craigrn16, mistyisland and DWS44 like this.
    05-18-2015 05:23 PM
    I am sorely disappointed ... and almost angry. Not only are the themes not getting any better, I think its safe to say they are progressively getting worse. (facepalm)
    chezm, deeb215 and DWS44 like this.
    05-20-2015 11:22 PM
    I am sorely disappointed ... and almost angry. Not only are the themes not getting any better, I think its safe to say they are progressively getting worse. (facepalm)
    You ain't lyin... It's actually getting embarrassing. These themes are a joke. They really need to open this theme engine up to the public. I believe designers out there can really do wonders for this phone! If Samsung would just freaking let them! Lol so ridiculous... I was expecting some childish themes, but these themes so far have grossly exceeded my expectations. That's disappointing, to put it mildly.

🍺 Here's to hoping things change soon...

05-21-2015 12:44 AM
    Modern Gallery is kind of weird but pretty cool

dreaming of electric sheep
    05-21-2015 04:43 AM
    Not encouraged either. I check back every couple of days and am disappointed each time.
    05-21-2015 05:51 AM
    I know I mentioned this before, possibly in this thread ... but I just can't wrap my brain around why there are no SIMPLE, MATURE themes that are pretty much just color changes to some of the hideous menus and/or built-in apps (like the stock messaging app).

I also don't know why Samsung doesn't just release a "THEME APP" in the play store for us to download and customize stuff like menu colors, background colors for stuff like the phone dialer, messaging app, etc. There's no reason I can think of that they can't do that, as well as have these so-called "professionals" designing the themes they offer in the Theme Store.
    05-21-2015 09:12 AM
    I've been using the "I have a dream" theme, though with a solid colored wallpaper (I actually like the wallpaper they give with it, but patterns and pictures in the background give me a headache). It's very clean.

05-21-2015 01:35 PM
    Maybe this is the stuff Koreans area into. Because these things are ugly

05-21-2015 02:46 PM
    I know I mentioned this before, possibly in this thread ... but I just can't wrap my brain around why there are no SIMPLE, MATURE themes that are pretty much just color changes to some of the hideous menus and/or built-in apps (like the stock messaging app).

I also don't know why Samsung doesn't just release a "THEME APP" in the play store for us to download and customize stuff like menu colors, background colors for stuff like the phone dialer, messaging app, etc. There's no reason I can think of that they can't do that, as well as have these so-called "professionals" designing the themes they offer in the Theme Store.
    Yes, this.

The themes could have been a way for Samsung to appeal to people who think Touchwiz is gaudy and cartoony. Instead they have made it worse by doubling down on gaudy and cartoony.
    05-21-2015 03:45 PM
    Yes, this.

The themes could have been a way for Samsung to appeal to people who think Touchwiz is gaudy and cartoony. Instead they have made it worse by doubling down on gaudy and cartoony.

I really need to sit down and take the time to put together a little "portfolio" of my gfx work to submit to Samsung to get on the dev team for themes. I really do wanna get in on it, and make some simple themes that I think a lot of "us" would like ...

Life just has me too busy to take the time right now to do that in such a manner that I am sure would impress them enough to let me be on the team.
    craigrn16, joesworld and edubb256 like this.
    05-21-2015 03:51 PM
    I really need to sit down and take the time to put together a little "portfolio" of my gfx work to submit to Samsung to get on the dev team for themes. I really do wanna get in on it, and make some simple themes that I think a lot of "us" would like ...

Life just has me too busy to take the time right now to do that in such a manner that I am sure would impress them enough to let me be on the team.
    Please do it. Even if it's a paid theme. I would pay for better themes

deeb215 likes this.
    05-21-2015 06:42 PM

Agree 100%.

The themes seem very cutesy/childish looking. Not sure if they appeal to the Korean market, but I would like some clean, modern designs. I'm amazed at the amount of cartoon/crayon looking themes that just look like no adult would want that on their phone.

I don't get why they can't just do what HTC did and release a theme engine. They have a bunch of presets and uploaded themes from people, so you can choose a set look, but then you can also edit colours and aspects of it that you don't like. If you don't like the presets, you can make one from scratch.

Not only are the themes bad, the pace that they are released at are equally as bad. Once a week we get 2 or so really gaudy, immature looking themes.
    Fruktsallad and Cyrene like this.
    05-21-2015 06:58 PM
    New themes are in. More of the same, disappointment.

06-04-2015 09:55 AM

LMAO ... at this point in time, all I expect from the Theme Store is "disappointment" ...
    TimmE likes this.
    06-04-2015 09:58 AM
    Mod Note - Let's keep it on topic everyone! If you feel a post is off-topic or offensive please use the report button so the mods can handle it.

Thank you!
    06-04-2015 10:14 AM
    LMAO ... at this point in time, all I expect from the Theme Store is "disappointment" ...
    I'm with ya on that.

06-04-2015 10:19 AM
    Didn't you "apply" to submit themes or something? I've seen your taste and the icons, etc you make. They need to accept you already and let you save the Theme Store.
    Wiggum333 likes this.
    06-04-2015 10:26 AM

Could not agree more.

06-04-2015 11:13 AM
    Yup...unfortunately. From the ugly touchwiz in the past and these themes, it seems that gaudy and cartoony are just in Samsung's DNA.
    mrsean67 likes this.
    06-04-2015 11:18 AM
    You people. This week produced 3 or 4 I might install at some point.

Here's the androidcentral S6 theme crowd...

New themes are up.
    NO!
    MARINARA!
    edubb256 likes this.
    06-04-2015 04:04 PM
    I really like the "stamps" theme. There's about 4 now that I like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-04-2015 10:12 PM
183 ... 23456 ...