10-30-2015 06:52 PM
183 ... 34567 ...
tools
    First stab at establishing a look for a monochrome theme ... If I have the time, I will do one that's a "dark" theme, but with a color where the white stuff is ... though I have NO idea what color that will be ...

Phone Dialer

Contact List

Messaging App

It still boggles my mind that someone hasn't done one like this yet ...

LESS IS MORE!!!
    06-04-2015 11:30 PM
    First stab at establishing a look for a monochrome theme ... If I have the time, I will do one that's a "dark" theme, but with a color where the white stuff is ... though I have NO idea what color that will be ...

Phone Dialer

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...20-%20Mono.png

Contact List

Messaging App

LESS IS MORE!!!
    Looks great!
    What about a dark material theme like on the Google keyboard.

dreaming of electric sheep
    06-04-2015 11:35 PM
    Looks great!
    What about a dark material theme like on the Google keyboard.

dreaming of electric sheep
    Too tired right now to screen-shoot a keyboard and do a monochrome/dark version to match my above images. But, I will do one later and add it. the main thing I'm trying to show right now is what kind of concept I'd like to see, and possibly produce if/when I get on the Theme Dev team. The monochrome version would most likely be the first one I do.

After that, I'd produce a "dark" theme ... but the only problem with that is, you have to choose a color to use for the quick setting toggles, brightness slider, and accent colors on the other menus ... and as soon as you do that, you get people saying "if only it were color <insert any other color here>." ... So if/when I go that route, I'll likely produce a few of the same dark theme, but with different accent colors to try to please more people.
    06-04-2015 11:38 PM
    The people making these themes must be high on something.. I mean someone in normal condition can't make things this ugly. Its just colors, colors and colors, weird shapes and nothing is matching each other. This theme thing could be great, but now it just makes me wanna throw up.
    mrsean67 likes this.
    06-05-2015 07:53 AM
    How hard would it be to create a tasteful, simple, material based theme? I think they covered the cartoons, flowers, pink, and blinding bright color themes pretty well at this point. Some of themes are okay but half of them have colorless icons. I don't like that either.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 11:29 AM
    I figure there's a lengthy approval process so hopefully some decent ones are in the pipeline.
    06-05-2015 11:32 AM
    Too tired right now to screen-shoot a keyboard and do a monochrome/dark version to match my above images. But, I will do one later and add it. the main thing I'm trying to show right now is what kind of concept I'd like to see, and possibly produce if/when I get on the Theme Dev team. The monochrome version would most likely be the first one I do.

After that, I'd produce a "dark" theme ... but the only problem with that is, you have to choose a color to use for the quick setting toggles, brightness slider, and accent colors on the other menus ... and as soon as you do that, you get people saying "if only it were color <insert any other color here>." ... So if/when I go that route, I'll likely produce a few of the same dark theme, but with different accent colors to try to please more people.
    Looks great so far.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-05-2015 11:39 AM

Phone Dialer

Contact List

Messaging App

LESS IS MORE!!!
    Possibly a little dimensionality to the phone dialer to give a three dimensional look.

06-05-2015 11:42 AM
    Possibly a little dimensionality to the phone dialer to give a three dimensional look.

Just trying to keep in line w/ the "flat" material design model ... though a subtle "drop shadow" for the numbers and/or grid to give it some dimensionality. That thought comes from seeing some of the "material design" wallpapers that have overlaid sheets of paper/materials that have a little depth to them.

I just did those images last night though, quickly, and while tired. Not a WHOLE lot of thought going into them so far, just trying to show what a mature, dark scheme would look like.

True development of a theme/design would come later.
    06-05-2015 11:53 AM
    Just trying to keep in line w/ the "flat" material design model ... though a subtle "drop shadow" for the numbers and/or grid to give it some dimensionality. That thought comes from seeing some of the "material design" wallpapers that have overlaid sheets of paper/materials that have a little depth to them.

I just did those images last night though, quickly, and while tired. Not a WHOLE lot of thought going into them so far, just trying to show what a mature, dark scheme would look like.

True development of a theme/design would come later.
    Totally awesome effort. Can't wait to see the final theme.
    06-05-2015 01:51 PM

Subtle, but there ...

jcp007 likes this.
    06-05-2015 02:31 PM
    view of keyboard (samsung kbd, that is)
    Attached Thumbnails New Themes are in!-messaging-kbd-mono.png  
    jcp007 likes this.
    06-05-2015 04:04 PM
    Subtle, but there ...
    Pretty sharp. You get the subtle hint on the phone button.
    06-05-2015 04:12 PM
    Pretty sharp. You get the subtle hint on the phone button.
    dial pad grid and numbers also have drop-shadows.

on the messaging app image I last posted, I used a slight drop shadow on the text and numbers for the keyboard.
    06-05-2015 04:17 PM
    view of keyboard (samsung kbd, that is)
    Keyboard has an almost shiny dimensional quality to each key.
    06-05-2015 04:18 PM
    I see that now. Cool. Awesome job.
    06-05-2015 04:20 PM
    Very nice Wiggum .
    06-05-2015 05:31 PM
    Nice concept theme. Would be nice if someone actually made one lol. Still cant believe samsung at the very least don't offer a dark version of there default theme and also who are all the current theme makers. It's like samsung only have like 5 theme "designers" and non of the like material design. Seriously you would think one of the 1st themes to be added would be like a lollipop material design.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 10:18 PM
    I like it too, but I want at least a little color.
    06-05-2015 10:32 PM
    I like it too, but I want at least a little color.
    just sit tight ... color will be coming ...
    nelamvr6 and deeb215 like this.
    06-05-2015 10:39 PM
    As promised ... a few "starters" showing some accent colors ...

BRIGHT LIME GREEN:

RED:

GOLD:

HOT PINK:

CYAN:

nelamvr6, jcp007, deeb215 and 1 others like this.
    06-05-2015 11:17 PM
    Liking cyan or lime green. Now all you need is my avatar on the homescreen in drop shadow dark theme.
    06-06-2015 01:56 AM
    Nice! I like the Red the best!
    06-06-2015 02:37 AM
    The themes samsung is pushing out are rubbish to say the least. I enjoyed the days of custom ROMs with awesome theme support and so many of those theme creators are trying to get in so they can put their awesome ideas out and yet we are stuck with Hello Kitty variants. Given my tech spend per year, Hello Kitty is NOT part of that spend.

Sort of like what this user did to their Ferrari Hello Kitsch: Ferrari 360 Owner Takes &#39;Hello Kitty&#39; Love to Nauseating Extremes
    06-06-2015 04:07 PM
    I am primarily looking for good, dark, AMOLED friendly themes that still have color to them. I'm currently using the Silver Stus theme with a different wallpaper. It's not too bad, but I don't particularly like the icons for the stock apps.
    06-06-2015 05:12 PM
183 ... 34567 ...