New Themes are in!

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Looks great!
What about a dark material theme like on the Google keyboard.

dreaming of electric sheep

Too tired right now to screen-shoot a keyboard and do a monochrome/dark version to match my above images. But, I will do one later and add it. the main thing I'm trying to show right now is what kind of concept I'd like to see, and possibly produce if/when I get on the Theme Dev team. The monochrome version would most likely be the first one I do.

After that, I'd produce a "dark" theme ... but the only problem with that is, you have to choose a color to use for the quick setting toggles, brightness slider, and accent colors on the other menus ... and as soon as you do that, you get people saying "if only it were color <insert any other color here>." ... So if/when I go that route, I'll likely produce a few of the same dark theme, but with different accent colors to try to please more people.

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The people making these themes must be high on something.. I mean someone in normal condition can't make things this ugly. Its just colors, colors and colors, weird shapes and nothing is matching each other. This theme thing could be great, but now it just makes me wanna throw up.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
How hard would it be to create a tasteful, simple, material based theme? I think they covered the cartoons, flowers, pink, and blinding bright color themes pretty well at this point. Some of themes are okay but half of them have colorless icons. I don't like that either.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Too tired right now to screen-shoot a keyboard and do a monochrome/dark version to match my above images. But, I will do one later and add it. the main thing I'm trying to show right now is what kind of concept I'd like to see, and possibly produce if/when I get on the Theme Dev team. The monochrome version would most likely be the first one I do.

After that, I'd produce a "dark" theme ... but the only problem with that is, you have to choose a color to use for the quick setting toggles, brightness slider, and accent colors on the other menus ... and as soon as you do that, you get people saying "if only it were color <insert any other color here>." ... So if/when I go that route, I'll likely produce a few of the same dark theme, but with different accent colors to try to please more people.

Looks great so far.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
First stab at establishing a look for a monochrome theme ... If I have the time, I will do one that's a "dark" theme, but with a color where the white stuff is ... though I have NO idea what color that will be ...

Phone Dialer

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/wiggum333/Phone - Mono.png

Contact List

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/wiggum333/Contacts - Mono.png

Messaging App

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/wiggum333/Messaging - Mono.png

It still boggles my mind that someone hasn't done one like this yet ...

LESS IS MORE!!!

Possibly a little dimensionality to the phone dialer to give a three dimensional look.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Possibly a little dimensionality to the phone dialer to give a three dimensional look.

Just trying to keep in line w/ the "flat" material design model ... though a subtle "drop shadow" for the numbers and/or grid to give it some dimensionality. That thought comes from seeing some of the "material design" wallpapers that have overlaid sheets of paper/materials that have a little depth to them.

I just did those images last night though, quickly, and while tired. Not a WHOLE lot of thought going into them so far, just trying to show what a mature, dark scheme would look like.

True development of a theme/design would come later.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just trying to keep in line w/ the "flat" material design model ... though a subtle "drop shadow" for the numbers and/or grid to give it some dimensionality. That thought comes from seeing some of the "material design" wallpapers that have overlaid sheets of paper/materials that have a little depth to them.

I just did those images last night though, quickly, and while tired. Not a WHOLE lot of thought going into them so far, just trying to show what a mature, dark scheme would look like.

True development of a theme/design would come later.
Totally awesome effort. Can't wait to see the final theme.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Subtle, but there ...

PhoneDialer_3D.png

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
view of keyboard (samsung kbd, that is)

Attachments

• Messaging and Kbd - Mono.png
    Messaging and Kbd - Mono.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:

Taz89

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Nice concept theme. Would be nice if someone actually made one lol. Still cant believe samsung at the very least don't offer a dark version of there default theme and also who are all the current theme makers. It's like samsung only have like 5 theme "designers" and non of the like material design. Seriously you would think one of the 1st themes to be added would be like a lollipop material design.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463