New Themes are in!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I did not find this one in the Theme store. I went to each one, scrolled down to see if there were any extras, but unless I missed it, I never saw one with the baseballs in it.

Am I missing it somewhere obvious?
Click on "more" next to developers name when u click an theme by them

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a feeling they are aimed at the Asian market and their children. This phone is not centered just for us European and American men.

Posted via the Android Central App

Based on the themes available im speaking of, they're aimed at 5-7 year olds. If those kids have S6 phones, all I can say is LUCKY! Samsung doesnt support multiple accounts like Stock Android does (unless i missed it) so its not shared accounts with their parent phones.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Ok I was writing my previous post while you were answering this, but, which theme's developer is that one from?

Update - Don't bother I found it under the Night Bridge Developer's themes. Thanks.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Based on the themes available im speaking of, they're aimed at 5-7 year olds. If those kids have S6 phones, all I can say is LUCKY! Samsung doesnt support multiple accounts like Stock Android does (unless i missed it) so its not shared accounts with their parent phones.

Not currently available but coming in the next update, confirmed by the 5.1.1 update that the lucky T-Mobile's S6 edge guy got yesterday.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I must be missing something here. When I go to the theme store, the only "more" I see is next to each category of themes where you can expand that category to see more themes. I don't see anything about "developers" and a "more" button next to them ... and I have clicked everything I can to see more themes and don't see the STRIKE theme.

The gray/red color scheme looks cool, and I wanna try it out behind my Nova Prime setup (right now I'm using the Urban theme colors) ... Can you be more specific about how to find the STRIKE theme?

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I do hope they add the option in the future so that I can keep my current wallpapers. Each time I apply a theme, my next step is to replace the wallpaper for my lock screen and my home screen.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I do hope they add the option in the future so that I can keep my current wallpapers. Each time I apply a theme, my next step is to replace the wallpaper for my lock screen and my home screen.

I don't mind having to change the wallpapers for home/lock screens once applying a theme (and the messaging app background is also still customizable) ... what sorta bothers me are some of the background choices for the phone dialer, keyboard, etc. A few of the themes have a nice color field overall, but then there are these strange/busy backgrounds that you can't change in other apps/portions of the phone. THAT is what bugs me.

I think I'm going to sign up to be a theme developer if they let me. I do a bit of graphics work on the side and for fun, and think I can come up with some nice, simple/elegant themes that are more "adult oriented" ... but again, Samsung is going to have to let me on the "team" for me to do that.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I must be missing something here. When I go to the theme store, the only "more" I see is next to each category of themes where you can expand that category to see more themes. I don't see anything about "developers" and a "more" button next to them ... and I have clicked everything I can to see more themes and don't see the STRIKE theme.

The gray/red color scheme looks cool, and I wanna try it out behind my Nova Prime setup (right now I'm using the Urban theme colors) ... Can you be more specific about how to find the STRIKE theme?

Go to latest theme and open the Night Bridge one, when you are looking at the description at the end of that there you will see "Themes by dlto" if you click More there will bring you all themes from that developer.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Go to latest theme and open the Night Bridge one, when you are looking at the description at the end of that there you will see "Themes by dlto" if you click More there will bring you all themes from that developer.

Thanks, I found it now. It's a shame though, how all these themes have so much potential, but then there are these very odd icons and/or background images embedded into certain apps/portions of the launcher. IE: the STRIKE theme colors are GREAT, but when you go to the phone dialer, the phone is a red baseball with a phone on it (puke).

someone needs to do a theme or two that are just changing the colors of the menus etc. and adding subtle color/gradients behind stuff like the phone dialer, contacts, etc.

Less is more ... simple is better <---- for me at least.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I just want one good stock Lollipop theme. Then my S6 will be set. TouchWiz already has a lot of material design aspects, but I need just a few last bits. I hate the way folders look on the TouchWiz launcher.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'd like to see a simple red/black theme. No goofy superhero's, or baseball, etc. Keep it simple, change some colors, icons, etc.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The theme market is full of fail. I hope they get some decent developers soon.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The theme market is full of fail. I hope they get some decent developers soon.

I hope they open up the option for PAID themes. I think developers will be more motivated if they are going to be compensated for their time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD