New Themes are in!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Waiting on the theme from Wiggum333. Based on what he has shown us so far, it could be the ticket.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
re: Stud Silver theme ... looks like it's pretty good, but I don't care at all for the "leather" look on the background of the phone dialer ... that's a deal killer for me.

But, at least it seems like we MIGHT start seeing a trend towards some more mature themes.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
re: Stud Silver theme ... looks like it's pretty good, but I don't care at all for the "leather" look on the background of the phone dialer ... that's a deal killer for me.

But, at least it seems like we MIGHT start seeing a trend towards some more mature themes.
?
How is your project coming along

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Capt America. I like the colors in contrast with the black sapphire S6.

Galaxy S6 Gang

Attachments

• 8788.jpg
    8788.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 87

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that's my feeling on it. Moving in the right direction though.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually if you really want to see a terrible theme store check out the LG store. All designed for a little girl.
The Samsung at least has some interesting Avengers themes...

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Actually if you really want to see a terrible theme store check out the LG store. All designed for a little girl.
The Samsung at least has some interesting Avengers themes...

As honest as I can be here ... I actually think a LOT of the themes that are in the Samsung Theme Store are "well designed" and "well thought out" themes. They have nice color coordination and harmony, and have continuity across the theme. For that, I give them credit where it's due.

The problem is, there ain't no way in hell that me ... a grown man, husband, father, architect/contractor ... is going to use a Hello Kitty, Avengers, or other "cartoony" theme on my phone. It's just not going to happen. Ever. (grin)

It's the people like me ... who I can only assume there are plenty more like me ... that just want something that's a subtle change - aka: darker theme with a more elegant, grown-up look to it. That's it ... simple, clean, minimalist.

ugh ... i REALLY need to get my schitt together and get on this dev team LOL

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There are more themes in the Theme store now, even some new dark ones! The themes are getting better
Check "dlto" themes, he has some new dark ones

Still waiting on the perfect theme though

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Horizon theme and like it, it's not bad but most themes in the store are not for grown men or adults. I would gladly pay for a nice theme with some dark and color balance. My biggest issue with the default AT&T texting app is not being able to change the colors on it, the default Samsung theme is not bad but with the AT&T texting in orange it is not good.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I had been using the "urban" theme ... but even that one bothered me on a couple of points if I have to be perfectly honest about it ... I didn't/don't like the blue/red phone/camera icons on the lock screen ... and I didn't really care of for the crazy blurred phone dialer background, especially when it didn't carry that through the keypad function when in a call ... I also didn't like the way the shift key / caps lock thing worked on the stock keyboard ... when you'd hit the shift key one time, it wouldn't light up the up arrow to show you that you're on caps ... it would only change the letters on the keyboard to capital letters. Yah, you could tell it was on caps, but I think that the lighted up arrow makes a huge difference ... and that either was forgotten/overlooked ... or it's just not a well thought-out design.

Now, I'm back to using the stock theme ... and other than the orange on the contacts and messaging app, I'm good with it, even though I'd prefer a dark theme overall.

One thing about the messaging app ... and I hope I'm not mistaken here ... but when I first got the phone, I THINK that the available message bubble adjustments didn't include a set where the bubbles were different colors ... at least not different enough to easily see which is which (you vs. the person you're texting with). Now, since the last update, at least there's an option where your text is kinda orange'ish, and the person you're texting with is a lighter blue color. That alone makes a huge difference to me, and make the app much more usable, even if the overall theme of that app is orange.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I had been using the "urban" theme ... but even that one bothered me on a couple of points if I have to be perfectly honest about it ... I didn't/don't like the blue/red phone/camera icons on the lock screen ... and I didn't really care of for the crazy blurred phone dialer background, especially when it didn't carry that through the keypad function when in a call ... I also didn't like the way the shift key / caps lock thing worked on the stock keyboard ... when you'd hit the shift key one time, it wouldn't light up the up arrow to show you that you're on caps ... it would only change the letters on the keyboard to capital letters. Yah, you could tell it was on caps, but I think that the lighted up arrow makes a huge difference ... and that either was forgotten/overlooked ... or it's just not a well thought-out design.

Now, I'm back to using the stock theme ... and other than the orange on the contacts and messaging app, I'm good with it, even though I'd prefer a dark theme overall.

One thing about the messaging app ... and I hope I'm not mistaken here ... but when I first got the phone, I THINK that the available message bubble adjustments didn't include a set where the bubbles were different colors ... at least not different enough to easily see which is which (you vs. the person you're texting with). Now, since the last update, at least there's an option where your text is kinda orange'ish, and the person you're texting with is a lighter blue color. That alone makes a huge difference to me, and make the app much more usable, even if the overall theme of that app is orange.

Have you tried this theme?

THEME Dark S6/Edge (Beta) | Samsung Galaxy S6 | XDA Forums

Messaging app doesn't differentiate bubble very well, but otherwise I really like the theme.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I had not seen that theme ... but that thread has been closed, and there's no APK to download to install the theme. Where can I get that theme at this time? I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Hmmm...wonder what happened? He had a specific step-by-step process posted too. Nothing complicated, but certainly needed to be followed. I'll see if I still have the APK on my phone.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I had not seen that theme ... but that thread has been closed, and there's no APK to download to install the theme. Where can I get that theme at this time? I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Here is the APK:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=e61b4b2ef9b0e008!2564&authkey=!ANlMChSy7DWvJmk&ithint=file,apk

Here are the steps as I recall them:

1. If you have the Urban theme installed, delete it.
2. Install the APK. You will get an error. The theme will still be installed.
3. Download the Urban theme. Once complete, apply the Dark / Red theme.

Something along those lines. I guess try at your own risk. LOL.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Here is the APK:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=e61b4b2ef9b0e008!2564&authkey=!ANlMChSy7DWvJmk&ithint=file,apk

Here are the steps as I recall them:

1. If you have the Urban theme installed, delete it.
2. Install the APK. You will get an error. The theme will still be installed.
3. Download the Urban theme. Once complete, apply the Dark / Red theme.

Something along those lines. I guess try at your own risk. LOL.

I MAY give that try ... but for now, just downloading APK and storing it aside. Gonna try to live w/ stock theme right now, and work on getting my own theme stuff done. Not really keen on this install process since we don't really know exactly how it may or may not work LOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech