Galaxy S6 = Lemon

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
the first two weeks I have mine I had nothing but problems with the screen sensitivity issue. Now that I have that figured out this is one awesome device. Sorry to hear others are still having issues. hope it all gets sorted out.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
About your Email notifications, I think I read in other thread you posted that it was Gmail, so the short answer is, go to your Accounts, and remove your Google Account(s), then clear cache and data on Gmail, then Add that or those account(s) back and go to Gmail and set your stuff (Obviously setting your Gmail Sync to On), then send yourself a test email and see if it notifies you.

And just for you to know, this is not an S6 or even a Saumsung issue, it's a Google and Gmail app issue, it has happened to me a lot of times with all my devices, Motorola, LG, Samsung, OnePlus One and Sony Xperia Z3.

Did all of that with no success at all. The Gmail push notifications work 100% on my Note 4 which is sitting right next to the S6.
I can not figure this out at all.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Did all of that with no success at all. The Gmail push notifications work 100% on my Note 4 which is sitting right next to the S6.
I can not figure this out at all.

Remove your Google Account, do the Clear Cache and Data of Gmail, Google Services Framework and Google Play Services, then clear your cache Partition in recovery Mode and reboot.

When it reboots create your Google Account again and go to Gmail and set your Label Settings to Sync, then double check your Google Account Sync Settings that it's syncing there, it should work, if not, then it's definitely the first I've heard of a non fixable Gmail sync issue, definitely very strange, only thing left will be a Factory reset or return it and get a new one.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm another very satisfied AT&T S6 user ... superb camera w/ the Sony sensor ... 64gb on-board stoarge ... flawless screen/glass/bezel/etc ... no battery life issues ... quick-charge works amazing ... no lag (using TW or Nova Prime) ... no dropped calls ... yadda yadda yadda.

I came from an AT&T S4, which worked perfectly as well, except for the built-in lag, and the fact that as it's gotten older (read: more software, updated software, etc.) it's gotten a little slower over time ... but functionally, the phone was flawless when I switched to the S6.

All the complaints I'm reading about the S6 (well, maybe not complaints, but "issues") ... I find it hard to believe that it's the fault of the S6 with the exception of a few random hardware units that are out there. Seems that a lot of this stuff is the newness of the phone, and the Lollipop OS and all the carriers getting things ironed out. I mean, the phone just hit the market. I know they do testing etc prior to release, but it always takes time once the phones are out there in droves so that people can find other flaws, bugs, etc. that need to be ironed out.

It really sucks for those who have issues, but I would just say "Be patient and let "them" work out the issues so that you can truly enjoy your new phone.".

Reading this makes me excited to get my S6 with AT&T next month!!! How is the fingerprint sensor for you?

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Reading this makes me excited to get my S6 with AT&T next month!!! How is the fingerprint sensor for you?

fingerprint sensor works fantastic. I have set both my thumbs and both forefingers as the 4 fingerprints that it can store ... and with rare exception, it unlocks the phone right away. When it doesnt, it's typically because I laid my finger on the sensor poorly.

Also, a neat feature that I really havent heard anyone talk about is the "smart lock". This isn't an AT&T thing ... but an S6 thing. I have my home registered as a trusted location, so when at home, the fingerprint locking turns off and I just swipe to unlock. But when I leave home it enables the fingerprint locking again. I love this feature!

raruhs

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I had mine for about 10 days, I am on AT&T. At the beginning the only thing that was somehow bad was the battery duration with very light usage. Then I did a factory reset and battery really was amazing but then I start getting issues with the WIFI that did not wanted to connect, even if I selected it. After a couple of days of wait and see, I decided to return it and go back to my good old Nokia 1520.

In general it was a good experience with no lag. The speaker was ok, but somehow low when driving using Waze, even when I had it almost all volume up.

I wanted to give it a try as my experience with Samsung was not pleasant with the first Galaxy on AT&T (Captivate) and I have not had any other Samsung device since then.

My recommendation, test it a lot, and if you find any flaws, return it and change or keep your old phone. In my opinion, phones should work fine from unboxing, without the need to reset it or do millions tweaks.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Satisfied Sprint customer here, my s6 edge works great, it's fast! occasionally I get bad cell service but in the same areas I've always had bad service with other phones. Wifi calling is great, saves battery and operates rather well. I only use it when I'm at home. I turned off my LTE antenna because it's a battery hog anyway and I'm aware of sprints coverage limitations. I don't drop calls unless there's a dead zone in a rural area I'm driving through which happens very rarely and I drive alot all over the state. The fingerprint scanner failed 1 time and was fixed by a reboot. I get about 15-20hrs between full charges and 4-5hrs soc (depending on wifi or no) I've had my phone since April 8, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm sorry the op and some others have had some bad luck with the device, but it's few and far between in the grand scheme of things. The device as a whole is not a lemon and thank God it's not because I'm personally really enjoying my experience with it!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central Appae

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has been great in my area so don't patronize me about Sprint's service. With that said,

This S6 is a disaster. In the sprint community forums they are aware of the problem and are working with samsung on a fix.

The issues are bad to terrible battery life, dropped calls, not receiving calls, no LTE, and sporadic spark. And yes, I'm plagued by these as well on the S6. All my other phones work flawless in regards to all stated above.

Not sure if samsung borked something, a lollipop issue, or a sprint issue. Regardless it's unacceptable. Right now, this phone is nothing but a Flippin doorstop. I have tried All the fixes erasat and others have posted to no avail. If this isn't fixed soon, you can bet your *** i will be a thorn in sprints and/or Samsungs side.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Well no offense but your number 1 problem is that you have Sprint. :-\

Is not sprint. It's the S6 on sprint. I have a note 3, note 4, G3, moto x, htc e8, iPhone 6, and an htc m7 that all work flawless. Stop before you say you know it all and make sure you know it all first.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is not sprint. It's the S6 on sprint. I have a note 3, note 4, G3, moto x, htc e8, iPhone 6, and an htc m7 that all work flawless. Stop before you say you know it all and make sure you know it all first.

Just a question. Not an expert. The GS6 on Sprint is the only one amongst your past devices with one radio instead of two? Aside from the Lollipop issue, wouldn't that be one of the reasons it struggles versus the other devices?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on, but my S6 Edge is great! I've never had many issues with any Android. Been using since 2010. Only phone I've had an issue with is the old Moto Q on Windows. I'm on Verizon.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just a question. Not an expert. The GS6 on Sprint is the only one amongst your past devices with one radio instead of two? Aside from the Lollipop issue, wouldn't that be one of the reasons it struggles versus the other devices?

It's a possibility. Shouldn't happen though right? :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It's a possibility. Shouldn't happen though right? :)

Exactly it shouldn't be an issue. The Verizon one is in the same boat.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Where and when did I say I knew it all?? Don't get mad because it's widely known that Sprint is a sucky mobile carrier!

There you go again. Do you know if they are in my area? Do you know if they are in all areas? Sure they are gonna suck in places, just like every other carrier sucks in some places. So until you do your own testing from Seattle to Miami, new York to San Diego and everywhere in between, don't tout it as fact. Makes you look foolish.

But in your defense, sprint is going downhill....

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Exactly it shouldn't be an issue. The Verizon one is in the same boat.

Like i said on a past post, it's a phone issue. It might be hardware due to bad software then again it might just be the radios not working like they should, especially if VZW is having problems.