05-11-2015 08:34 PM
113 12345
tools
    The problems I'm having are with the Verizon S6 not Sprint.

I ready to throw in the towel on the S6.
    04-30-2015 05:33 PM
    The problems I'm having are with the Verizon S6 not Sprint.

I ready to throw in the towel on the S6.
    Exactly. This just isn't a Sprint issue....it's a CDMA issue.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-30-2015 05:36 PM
    I believe that you are 100% right. Would a factory reset do anything?
    04-30-2015 05:59 PM
    It might for you. I wiped my cache and data through the boot loader and my problems are still persistent, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. Give it a try! Can't hurt!
    04-30-2015 06:04 PM
    ATT S6 here and no problems. I'm not even having the battery problems I've read about on here. I've always found the ATT folks very supportive and helpful when I had problems in the last with other phones (at the store-never used online support). Sorry you had a bad experience.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm really flippin' jealous!
    04-30-2015 06:05 PM
    Actually is your carrier's fault for making poor decisions.

The reason your old phones are working well is that they a) had two radios in them and b) were not "spark" only phones.

The choice to go to sell a spark only device when the carrier hasn't fully implemented a full roll out of spark antennas nation wide is now hurting their consumers like you. Add in that yes, maybe a software update or firmware fix for the radio might just help with any issue with VoLTE or connection in general, if you aren't on a spark network you are going to have trouble no matter what.
    Also, the fact that Sprint still has old legacy antennas in most places yet has minimal Spark roll out even in the best spark locations means that your battery life will suffer as well as give you other issues.

I loved Sprint's network where I live years ago prior to wimax. Once wimax came, it was a slow roll out at best and I'm in Sprint's best location for service reliability bar none, nation wide. So if wimax sucked by me, they were far worse elsewhere. But the service only got worse again once the original LTE on Sprint came out because now Sprint's roll out was once again way to slow. The older wimax phones couldn't use the spectrum so Sprint kept as much wimax alive as they could while rolling out the LTE band antennas. But plenty still lost wimax due to there is only so much room on an antenna for all the different antennas. Also at the same time, plenty of people never got wimax at all because they were too low of a priority and LTE came instead later giving them no relief. And now with Spark deep in its roll out, you would think that Sprint would learn to not FORCE Samsung to only build a device with one new and improved radio without finishing it's roll out of Spark.

(I'm sure that I'm missing a few pieces of the puzzle when it comes to the story of Sprint's demise over the past 5 years but I moved on and I'm now on AT&T)

I don't expect the typical consumer to know or understand how cheep and thoughtless Sprint can be for their survival in the world of wireless. How repeated poor decisions have hurt not only the company but it's consumers who with poor understanding stay on such a lousy network.

VoLTE is still new for Sprint and sure such issues tied to it will be fixed. But to force their customers to deal with such issues when they could have put an older radio inside the S6 besides the Spark one and you'll solve almost all your issues without such a software update is insulting to your user base.

Verizon issues are different than yours and far less than yours, regardless that they are in the same boat. That's because they already fully rolled out the proper antennas and now might just have to tweak their firmware and fix a bug or two. Sprint? Yeah, after the mass firings I won't hold my breath that they will improve their coverage. But the time they are done with Spark, they will start selling phones that require a whole new antenna system and the same BS will start again.

DWS44 likes this.
    04-30-2015 06:20 PM
    Actually, Verizon is a bit hasty in their VoLTE push as well. They've pushed me to AT&T, in fact.

Too many fringe areas to support VoLTE (HD Voice) calls without losing them when walking into a building. Solution: Turn off VoLTE. New problem, now no simultaneous voice/data.

We will all be VoLTE in the near future, there can be no doubt. As we make the transition, the CDMA carriers are taking too big of steps. Dual radios would alleviate the frustration we're all dealing with. Until they are fully 4g and support VoLTE throughout 100% of their network, they should maintain at least a couple SVDO models. The alternative is to lose customers to whom it matters to AT&T.
    04-30-2015 06:46 PM
    Can't believe that I'm the only one with these Verizon S6 problems.
    04-30-2015 06:46 PM
    Actually is your carrier's fault for making poor decisions.

The reason your old phones are working well is that they a) had two radios in them and b) were not "spark" only phones.

The choice to go to sell a spark only device when the carrier hasn't fully implemented a full roll out of spark antennas nation wide is now hurting their consumers like you. Add in that yes, maybe a software update or firmware fix for the radio might just help with any issue with VoLTE or connection in general, if you aren't on a spark network you are going to have trouble no matter what.
    Also, the fact that Sprint still has old legacy antennas in most places yet has minimal Spark roll out even in the best spark locations means that your battery life will suffer as well as give you other issues.

I loved Sprint's network where I live years ago prior to wimax. Once wimax came, it was a slow roll out at best and I'm in Sprint's best location for service reliability bar none, nation wide. So if wimax sucked by me, they were far worse elsewhere. But the service only got worse again once the original LTE on Sprint came out because now Sprint's roll out was once again way to slow. The older wimax phones couldn't use the spectrum so Sprint kept as much wimax alive as they could while rolling out the LTE band antennas. But plenty still lost wimax due to there is only so much room on an antenna for all the different antennas. Also at the same time, plenty of people never got wimax at all because they were too low of a priority and LTE came instead later giving them no relief. And now with Spark deep in its roll out, you would think that Sprint would learn to not FORCE Samsung to only build a device with one new and improved radio without finishing it's roll out of Spark.

(I'm sure that I'm missing a few pieces of the puzzle when it comes to the story of Sprint's demise over the past 5 years but I moved on and I'm now on AT&T)

I don't expect the typical consumer to know or understand how cheep and thoughtless Sprint can be for their survival in the world of wireless. How repeated poor decisions have hurt not only the company but it's consumers who with poor understanding stay on such a lousy network.

VoLTE is still new for Sprint and sure such issues tied to it will be fixed. But to force their customers to deal with such issues when they could have put an older radio inside the S6 besides the Spark one and you'll solve almost all your issues without such a software update is insulting to your user base.

Verizon issues are different than yours and far less than yours, regardless that they are in the same boat. That's because they already fully rolled out the proper antennas and now might just have to tweak their firmware and fix a bug or two. Sprint? Yeah, after the mass firings I won't hold my breath that they will improve their coverage. But the time they are done with Spark, they will start selling phones that require a whole new antenna system and the same BS will start again.

Listen to Warpdrive. A lot would have already jumped me for the same points. Every situation has context amid the technical issues that are some are having. The owners should be venting at their carrier to give them an incentive to be more responsive. If they aren't responsive, vote with your wallet and change carrier as soon as circumstance allow since etf can be coercively high and punitive.
    04-30-2015 06:50 PM
    Cleaned up some posts.
    Almeuit and Gray Area like this.
    04-30-2015 07:51 PM
    Cleaned up some posts.
    I hope this discussion can continue without further bickering.

Paul
    Mod Team Leader @ AC

Almeuit likes this.
    05-01-2015 04:43 AM
    Really hard to believe all the negativity. My Verizon S6 has been absolutely flawless. Consistently getting 4+ hours of SoT, flawless call quality, smooth as butter and no gremlins of any kind. With all due respect to the OP and others claiming endless problems my strong suspicion is a combination of user error/ignorance and carrier related issues having nothing whatsoever to do with the phone itself.
    05-01-2015 05:32 AM
    Really hard to believe all the negativity. My Verizon S6 has been absolutely flawless. Consistently getting 4+ hours of SoT, flawless call quality, smooth as butter and no gremlins of any kind. With all due respect to the OP and others claiming endless problems my strong suspicion is a combination of user error/ignorance and carrier related issues having nothing whatsoever to do with the phone itself.
    Your opinion. Period. Been using galaxy phones since the S2 and countless other flagships from other vendors since the HTC touch Pro so it's far from user error.

You're right about it not just being the phone, it's a combination of phone and the network. Unless you know exactly how spark works on sprint and how it's affecting our phones, don't call people ignorant.

And just because you have no issues doesn't mean others are.

05-01-2015 05:47 AM
    No offense but, from what I've seen, your case is an aberration. Glad you aren't experiencing issue. Please share any tips with your brethren.

I hope that this doesn't sound condescending.if you are having issues, you can log an issue here but you are better off working with your carrier tech support for most every issue especially those with CDMA carriers. Aside from the suspected Lollipop issue, use the return window to make as many exchanges as possible to get a device that works. Outside the window, if possible, see if the carrier will do a warranty exchange. Keep at this until you get a good device. On the front end, it is your carriers responsibility to sell you a quantity device. If they don't, especially after working with them, at you earliest opportunity when it makes financial sense, change carriers and vote with your wallet rather than venting at others on this forum who are trying to help but may only be able to lend a sympathetic ear. If you work with your carrier and make your displeasure clear, then the temperature in these threads can be turned down.
    05-01-2015 06:05 AM
    I'm just glad I bailed on Sprints S6 and went back to my S4. After reading further into this thread I may be bailing on Sprint all together, this after being a customer for almost 9 years. I have to crunch some numbers, I have three phones to move to a new carrier. Sprint cost me $160 total for the 3 with unlimited text and data and 1500 minutes we never come close too.

DWS44 likes this.
    05-01-2015 11:01 AM
    I'm just glad I bailed on Sprints S6 and went back to my S4. After reading further into this thread I may be bailing on Sprint all together, this after being a customer for almost 9 years. I have to crunch some numbers, I have three phones to move to a new carrier. Sprint cost me $160 total for the 3 with unlimited text and data and 1500 minutes we never come close too.

Yeah me to. But i have 8 lines and all the phones are on easy pay except for 1. Will be really hard for me to leave.

05-01-2015 11:06 AM
    Yeah me to. But i have 8 lines and all the phones are on easy pay except for 1. Will be really hard for me to leave.

Wow 8 lines? :P.
    05-01-2015 11:10 AM

i recommend AT&T. LTE map coverage/ubiquity is night and day vs. Sprint. and with AT&T you can BYOD any compatible GSM device. freedom and choice.

Nexus 5 + AT&T GoPhone
    05-01-2015 11:47 AM
    Your opinion. Period. Been using galaxy phones since the S2 and countless other flagships from other vendors since the HTC touch Pro so it's far from user error.

You're right about it not just being the phone, it's a combination of phone and the network. Unless you know exactly how spark works on sprint and how it's affecting our phones, don't call people ignorant.

And just because you have no issues doesn't mean others are.

Jeez, sorry....didn't mean to get your panties in a twist. All I'm saying is that if you speak to any tech repair person (s)he'll tell you that 95% of all reported "problems" are, in fact, user error and/or ignorance of the piece of technology in question.
    05-01-2015 11:48 AM

if i had 8 lines i'd probably go with T-Mob multiple lines promotion.
    05-01-2015 11:49 AM
    i recommend AT&T. LTE map coverage/ubiquity is night and day vs. Sprint. and with AT&T you can BYOD any compatible GSM device. freedom and choice.

Nexus 5 + AT&T GoPhone
    I would move to AT&T as well but their devices are CDMA and not GSM. Unfortunately, I am sure the ETF is pretty steep especially with multiple lines. If AT&T would pay the ETF, then I say, switch. TMO runs promotions every once in a while advertising the ETF reimbursement or pay if you switch.
    05-01-2015 11:54 AM
    I would move to AT&T as well but their devices are CDMA and not GSM. Unfortunately, I am sure the ETF is pretty steep especially with multiple lines. If AT&T would pay the ETF, then I say, switch. TMO runs promotions every once in a while advertising the ETF reimbursement or pay if you switch.
    he's got GS4s so they're probably paid off. if paid off he could probably get free/cheap phones from T-Mob in lieu.
    05-01-2015 11:57 AM
    Most phones (like Verizon's phones) have GSM radios as well -- and Verizon phones are unlocked automatically right out of the gate.
    05-01-2015 12:00 PM
    Most phones (like Verizon's phones) have GSM radios as well -- and Verizon phones are unlocked automatically right out of the gate.
    but i don't think Verizon allows BYOD. that is evil IMO. i want complete choice and freedom.
    05-01-2015 12:02 PM
    but i don't think Verizon allows BYOD. that is evil IMO. i want complete choice and freedom.
    He was talking about them going to AT&T saying they couldn't (from Verizon) or such couldn't due to CDMA phones -- which isn't the case.
    05-01-2015 12:04 PM
113 12345