Galaxy S6 = Lemon

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Like i said on a past post, it's a phone issue. It might be hardware due to bad software then again it might just be the radios not working like they should, especially if VZW is having problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almost all of the symptoms appear more common to CDMA carriers. Might just be a giant coincidence.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Like i said on a past post, it's a phone issue. It might be hardware due to bad software then again it might just be the radios not working like they should, especially if VZW is having problems.

I'm on Verizon with no issues.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
There you go again putting words in my mouth. That makes you look foolish, a "fact" and "widely known" are two different things.

Saying it's a sucky carrier without knowing everyone's sprints cellular connectivity is in fact saying you know it all. Do you know my connectivity? Nope. And that's a fact. Otherwise, you would say....it's a sucky carrier in my area. T MO sucks in my area, but i know for a fact they rock in other areas.

But you tout "widely known" as being fact are you not? Sounds like it to me.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i just don't want good coverage in my neighborhood. that's not good enough for me and there's no reason to sacrifice. i want a carrier that gives me confidence that no matter where i travel anywhere in the city/state/country i will have fast, ubiquitous coverage.

Nexus 5 + AT&T GoPhone

Nothing wrong with that at all!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just for the S6? Na. Don't think so. I think it's a radio issue

But when you had two radios, firmware was necessary to make that work and now with one radio, could there not be a radio and network issue? If it were truly that GS6 just sucks as a device, then GSM carrier customers should be having the same issues.

GeorgeChief

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
ATT S6 here and no problems. I'm not even having the battery problems I've read about on here. I've always found the ATT folks very supportive and helpful when I had problems in the last with other phones (at the store-never used online support). Sorry you had a bad experience.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
But when you had two radios, firmware was necessary to make that work and now with one radio, could there not be a radio and network issue? If it were truly that GS6 just sucks as a device, then GSM carrier customers should be having the same issues.

I'm saying it's a radio issue with the network. The radio (in the CDMA version/s) isn't correctly working with the towers as it seems the GSM variants are working fine. A software/firmware fix might fix it. I'm also not saying the S6 sucks, it just sucks on Sprint!! It's a great phone....when it works.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It might for you. I wiped my cache and data through the boot loader and my problems are still persistent, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. Give it a try! Can't hurt!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
ATT S6 here and no problems. I'm not even having the battery problems I've read about on here. I've always found the ATT folks very supportive and helpful when I had problems in the last with other phones (at the store-never used online support). Sorry you had a bad experience.

I'm really flippin' jealous! :)

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. This just isn't a Sprint issue....it's a CDMA issue.

Actually is your carrier's fault for making poor decisions.

The reason your old phones are working well is that they a) had two radios in them and b) were not "spark" only phones.

The choice to go to sell a spark only device when the carrier hasn't fully implemented a full roll out of spark antennas nation wide is now hurting their consumers like you. Add in that yes, maybe a software update or firmware fix for the radio might just help with any issue with VoLTE or connection in general, if you aren't on a spark network you are going to have trouble no matter what.
Also, the fact that Sprint still has old legacy antennas in most places yet has minimal Spark roll out even in the best spark locations means that your battery life will suffer as well as give you other issues.

I loved Sprint's network where I live years ago prior to wimax. Once wimax came, it was a slow roll out at best and I'm in Sprint's best location for service reliability bar none, nation wide. So if wimax sucked by me, they were far worse elsewhere. But the service only got worse again once the original LTE on Sprint came out because now Sprint's roll out was once again way to slow. The older wimax phones couldn't use the spectrum so Sprint kept as much wimax alive as they could while rolling out the LTE band antennas. But plenty still lost wimax due to there is only so much room on an antenna for all the different antennas. Also at the same time, plenty of people never got wimax at all because they were too low of a priority and LTE came instead later giving them no relief. And now with Spark deep in its roll out, you would think that Sprint would learn to not FORCE Samsung to only build a device with one new and improved radio without finishing it's roll out of Spark.

(I'm sure that I'm missing a few pieces of the puzzle when it comes to the story of Sprint's demise over the past 5 years but I moved on and I'm now on AT&T)

I don't expect the typical consumer to know or understand how cheep and thoughtless Sprint can be for their survival in the world of wireless. How repeated poor decisions have hurt not only the company but it's consumers who with poor understanding stay on such a lousy network.

VoLTE is still new for Sprint and sure such issues tied to it will be fixed. But to force their customers to deal with such issues when they could have put an older radio inside the S6 besides the Spark one and you'll solve almost all your issues without such a software update is insulting to your user base.

Verizon issues are different than yours and far less than yours, regardless that they are in the same boat. That's because they already fully rolled out the proper antennas and now might just have to tweak their firmware and fix a bug or two. Sprint? Yeah, after the mass firings I won't hold my breath that they will improve their coverage. But the time they are done with Spark, they will start selling phones that require a whole new antenna system and the same BS will start again.

Last edited:

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually, Verizon is a bit hasty in their VoLTE push as well. They've pushed me to AT&T, in fact.

Too many fringe areas to support VoLTE (HD Voice) calls without losing them when walking into a building. Solution: Turn off VoLTE. New problem, now no simultaneous voice/data.

We will all be VoLTE in the near future, there can be no doubt. As we make the transition, the CDMA carriers are taking too big of steps. Dual radios would alleviate the frustration we're all dealing with. Until they are fully 4g and support VoLTE throughout 100% of their network, they should maintain at least a couple SVDO models. The alternative is to lose customers to whom it matters to AT&T.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually is your carrier's fault for making poor decisions.

The reason your old phones are working well is that they a) had two radios in them and b) were not "spark" only phones.

The choice to go to sell a spark only device when the carrier hasn't fully implemented a full roll out of spark antennas nation wide is now hurting their consumers like you. Add in that yes, maybe a software update or firmware fix for the radio might just help with any issue with VoLTE or connection in general, if you aren't on a spark network you are going to have trouble no matter what.
Also, the fact that Sprint still has old legacy antennas in most places yet has minimal Spark roll out even in the best spark locations means that your battery life will suffer as well as give you other issues.

I loved Sprint's network where I live years ago prior to wimax. Once wimax came, it was a slow roll out at best and I'm in Sprint's best location for service reliability bar none, nation wide. So if wimax sucked by me, they were far worse elsewhere. But the service only got worse again once the original LTE on Sprint came out because now Sprint's roll out was once again way to slow. The older wimax phones couldn't use the spectrum so Sprint kept as much wimax alive as they could while rolling out the LTE band antennas. But plenty still lost wimax due to there is only so much room on an antenna for all the different antennas. Also at the same time, plenty of people never got wimax at all because they were too low of a priority and LTE came instead later giving them no relief. And now with Spark deep in its roll out, you would think that Sprint would learn to not FORCE Samsung to only build a device with one new and improved radio without finishing it's roll out of Spark.

(I'm sure that I'm missing a few pieces of the puzzle when it comes to the story of Sprint's demise over the past 5 years but I moved on and I'm now on AT&T)

I don't expect the typical consumer to know or understand how cheep and thoughtless Sprint can be for their survival in the world of wireless. How repeated poor decisions have hurt not only the company but it's consumers who with poor understanding stay on such a lousy network.

VoLTE is still new for Sprint and sure such issues tied to it will be fixed. But to force their customers to deal with such issues when they could have put an older radio inside the S6 besides the Spark one and you'll solve almost all your issues without such a software update is insulting to your user base.

Verizon issues are different than yours and far less than yours, regardless that they are in the same boat. That's because they already fully rolled out the proper antennas and now might just have to tweak their firmware and fix a bug or two. Sprint? Yeah, after the mass firings I won't hold my breath that they will improve their coverage. But the time they are done with Spark, they will start selling phones that require a whole new antenna system and the same BS will start again.

Listen to Warpdrive. A lot would have already jumped me for the same points. Every situation has context amid the technical issues that are some are having. The owners should be venting at their carrier to give them an incentive to be more responsive. If they aren't responsive, vote with your wallet and change carrier as soon as circumstance allow since etf can be coercively high and punitive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11