Galaxy S6 = Lemon

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Really hard to believe all the negativity. My Verizon S6 has been absolutely flawless. Consistently getting 4+ hours of SoT, flawless call quality, smooth as butter and no gremlins of any kind. With all due respect to the OP and others claiming endless problems my strong suspicion is a combination of user error/ignorance and carrier related issues having nothing whatsoever to do with the phone itself.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Really hard to believe all the negativity. My Verizon S6 has been absolutely flawless. Consistently getting 4+ hours of SoT, flawless call quality, smooth as butter and no gremlins of any kind. With all due respect to the OP and others claiming endless problems my strong suspicion is a combination of user error/ignorance and carrier related issues having nothing whatsoever to do with the phone itself.

Your opinion. Period. Been using galaxy phones since the S2 and countless other flagships from other vendors since the HTC touch Pro so it's far from user error.

You're right about it not just being the phone, it's a combination of phone and the network. Unless you know exactly how spark works on sprint and how it's affecting our phones, don't call people ignorant.

And just because you have no issues doesn't mean others are.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

No offense but, from what I've seen, your case is an aberration. Glad you aren't experiencing issue. Please share any tips with your brethren.

I hope that this doesn't sound condescending.if you are having issues, you can log an issue here but you are better off working with your carrier tech support for most every issue especially those with CDMA carriers. Aside from the suspected Lollipop issue, use the return window to make as many exchanges as possible to get a device that works. Outside the window, if possible, see if the carrier will do a warranty exchange. Keep at this until you get a good device. On the front end, it is your carriers responsibility to sell you a quantity device. If they don't, especially after working with them, at you earliest opportunity when it makes financial sense, change carriers and vote with your wallet rather than venting at others on this forum who are trying to help but may only be able to lend a sympathetic ear. If you work with your carrier and make your displeasure clear, then the temperature in these threads can be turned down.

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm just glad I bailed on Sprints S6 and went back to my S4. After reading further into this thread I may be bailing on Sprint all together, this after being a customer for almost 9 years. I have to crunch some numbers, I have three phones to move to a new carrier. Sprint cost me $160 total for the 3 with unlimited text and data and 1500 minutes we never come close too.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm just glad I bailed on Sprints S6 and went back to my S4. After reading further into this thread I may be bailing on Sprint all together, this after being a customer for almost 9 years. I have to crunch some numbers, I have three phones to move to a new carrier. Sprint cost me $160 total for the 3 with unlimited text and data and 1500 minutes we never come close too.

Yeah me to. But i have 8 lines and all the phones are on easy pay except for 1. Will be really hard for me to leave.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

i recommend AT&T. LTE map coverage/ubiquity is night and day vs. Sprint. and with AT&T you can BYOD any compatible GSM device. freedom and choice.

Nexus 5 + AT&T GoPhone

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Your opinion. Period. Been using galaxy phones since the S2 and countless other flagships from other vendors since the HTC touch Pro so it's far from user error.

You're right about it not just being the phone, it's a combination of phone and the network. Unless you know exactly how spark works on sprint and how it's affecting our phones, don't call people ignorant.

And just because you have no issues doesn't mean others are.

Jeez, sorry....didn't mean to get your panties in a twist. All I'm saying is that if you speak to any tech repair person (s)he'll tell you that 95% of all reported "problems" are, in fact, user error and/or ignorance of the piece of technology in question.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
i recommend AT&T. LTE map coverage/ubiquity is night and day vs. Sprint. and with AT&T you can BYOD any compatible GSM device. freedom and choice.

Nexus 5 + AT&T GoPhone

I would move to AT&T as well but their devices are CDMA and not GSM. Unfortunately, I am sure the ETF is pretty steep especially with multiple lines. If AT&T would pay the ETF, then I say, switch. TMO runs promotions every once in a while advertising the ETF reimbursement or pay if you switch.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I would move to AT&T as well but their devices are CDMA and not GSM. Unfortunately, I am sure the ETF is pretty steep especially with multiple lines. If AT&T would pay the ETF, then I say, switch. TMO runs promotions every once in a while advertising the ETF reimbursement or pay if you switch.

he's got GS4s so they're probably paid off. if paid off he could probably get free/cheap phones from T-Mob in lieu.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Most phones (like Verizon's phones) have GSM radios as well -- and Verizon phones are unlocked automatically right out of the gate.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
but i don't think Verizon allows BYOD. that is evil IMO. i want complete choice and freedom.

He was talking about them going to AT&T saying they couldn't (from Verizon) or such couldn't due to CDMA phones -- which isn't the case.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Most phones (like Verizon's phones) have GSM radios as well -- and Verizon phones are unlocked automatically right out of the gate.

Then I guess that ETF is the only real issue? If it is not and radios are not an issue, switch.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Then I guess that ETF is the only real issue? If it is not and radios are not an issue, switch.

The only ones with the issue would be Sprint. They're a pain to get a device unlocked for "domestic" usage. They really don't like to do it. Verizon has their phones unlock out of the gate because they have to .. otherwise I assume they would be like Sprint and fight to not unlock so easily.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at a GSM global coverage map, it seems that most of the planet with the exception of North America and a few Latin American countries is GSM. What's the upside to CDMA? It seems like CD versus vinyl LP.