Why can't I see the video on my PC from my S6 Samsung?

A

AC Question

Can't see the video on PC from my S6 samsung

have taken photo's and video on my new Samsung S6 but when I connect it to my PC I can only see the photo's on Pc but not the video, I can see them on my phone ! can anyone help me solve this problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't see the video on PC from my S6 samsung

Look in the camera app to see where it's storing videos, then look in that folder. (Not with a video program, with Windows Explorer. The file type the phone is saving may not be something your video program can open.)

Christian Verhoeve

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. The information of the file in the phone tells me DCIM/camera (same folder as the pictures), but when I browse to this folder using the windows explorer it only shows the jpg's en not the mp4 files (or what other videofile it should be). #weard... :-(

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Works fine on mine S6. All I can think of is, that you are missing codec that support .mp4 or havent associate it to play with a supported media player on win. Then it would show up as a "white file/system file" with no supported media player to open it up with.
Screenshot on DCIM/Camera folder while conencted to PC would help to see the problem.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Maybe your videos are shot in a resolution the pc doesn't support

Joseph Schell

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Swipe down the menu screen after connecting the phone to your PC. Then, you should see a notification asking how the USB connection should be used. You can set it to "Camera" or "media", and for videos you unintuitively have to select "media". Then, the videos should appear in the Camera>DCIM folder within windows explorer.

Redmagster

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I just wanted to say a massive thank you for that!

Been wasting too much time trying to work this out and that was the solution - change it to 'media' and boom - there are my vids! :)

Thanks!

ApolaStar

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
You have to start in ptp mode, and with the dcim folder still open, go into your phone and switch to mtp. When you click on the folder the videos are in, you will see only the videos and not the photos. I literally just figured this out myself on windows 10.

Glen Cook

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I spent ages trying to work this out. I'm allegedly an Android developer :(

Switching to MTP after connected solves the problem for the S5/win10 if anyone is curious.

juliakomen

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I cannot see video files that are on my phone on my pc. I have tried connecting as "media" (MTP) instead of "camera" (PTP) but in that mode my phone does not even show on my pc - it only charges. Then when I connect as camera (PTP) - i can only see photos.

My phone storage device is now FULL as i cannot transfer my videos to my PC - and I'm getting so frustrated and desperate!

PLEASE HELP!

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

i assume you have wifi at home so try the airdroid app. it works over wifi so you dont have to worry about cables and mtp ptp stuff

poetry69

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to android and after I switched my phone from camera to media, I can't seem to access anything on my grand. nothing appears in my windows explorer icon or get any kind of popup now. HELP!!

1paulah

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you SO MUCH for the tip on swiping down the menu and selecting Media Device! I have 2 years of videos on my phone that I have been unable to see and download!! Finally, I can get my phone totally cleaned up!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463