What is the best case for a rugged outdoorsman?

Amiee Egan

May 1, 2015
Visit site
My husband is getting a new S6. He needs to get a case that offers the best protection because he is very rough on things. He is an avid hunter and fisherman when he isn't working. He currently has an Otterbox Defender on his S4 but didn't know if there are any better options. Thanks!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My husband is getting a new S6. He needs to get a case that offers the best protection because he is very rough on things. He is an avid hunter and fisherman when he isn't working. He currently has an Otterbox Defender on his S4 but didn't know if there are any better options. Thanks!

Otterbox is good but also check out -

Trident Cyclops Case for Samsung Galaxy S6

Durable Samsung Galaxy S6 Case | Cyclops by Trident Case

check Amazon for pricing/availability too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JIEuVIRjR8

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Camo Otterbox user here. I live in country and I'm always outside. Of course I'll be trying a lifeproof as soon as they are out.

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Camo Otterbox user here. I live in country and I'm always outside. Of course I'll be trying a lifeproof as soon as they are out.

Posted via Android Central App

Didn't see a camo Frè case. At $30 more, it makes you stop for a moment. I would have gone to this case if the Defender had issues with the wireless charging. My concern is how the external speaker will be affected by the case.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Might be rugged as all mighty but it looks like it got beatin with an ugly stick 4 or 5 hundred times.

+1 for otterbox defender.

Posted via the Android Central App
Ballistic has stylish cases (better looking than otterbox defender , imo) with good drop protection,up to 8 feet.

https://www.goballisticcase.com/shop/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s-6/

Most are cheaper on Amazon but the ballistic page provides a good comparison and plenty of pictures

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx for my S6, it's a great heavy duty case. I wish they would make their Hard Core or Tactical series cases for the S6 like they do for the iPhone.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

This outdoorsman (I'm an archaeologist) and I use the Otterbox Defender case. I'll be using that until the Lifeproof case comes out, which will make my S6 both dust proof and water proof.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This outdoorsman (I'm an archaeologist) and I use the Otterbox Defender case. I'll be using that until the Lifeproof case comes out, which will make my S6 both dust proof and water proof.

I'm tore between the lifeproof and that explorer case. Both are really nice.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ballistic has stylish cases (better looking than otterbox defender , imo) with good drop protection,up to 8 feet.

https://www.goballisticcase.com/shop/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s-6/

Most are cheaper on Amazon but the ballistic page provides a good comparison and plenty of pictures

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Ballistic makes awesome rugged cases but they always seemed a bit klunky trying to hard to be Otterbox. The Defender has had a lot of bulk slimmed out of it and has a more classic look.