Welp 32GB or 64GB?

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So I guess I'm going to spring an get the S6 as much as I feel I don't necessarily NEED it lol.

Outside of that, I'm really conflicted on whether to go with the 32 or 64 GB. I tend to use Dropbox for all my photos, don't really store any music, don't play games or store videos.

I'm just wondering with how apps are going they're only getting larger in size. Is 32GB plenty for a user of my level or do I say I'm already paying xxx just suck it up and get the 64GB just to be safe?

Thank you everyone!

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So I guess I'm going to spring an get the S6 as much as I feel I don't necessarily NEED it lol.

Outside of that, I'm really conflicted on whether to go with the 32 or 64 GB. I tend to use Dropbox for all my photos, don't really store any music, don't play games or store videos.

I'm just wondering with how apps are going they're only getting larger in size. Is 32GB plenty for a user of my level or do I say I'm already paying xxx just suck it up and get the 64GB just to be safe?

Thank you everyone!

Before you,load any apps, 23GB free with the 32GB model and 55GB free with the 64GB model. I have the 64GB with more than 50 GB free.

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site
What he said.

Depending on your carrier, the 32 GB model may actually be closer to a 20-22 GB model. You may not think you need any more space, but are you willing to take that chance and commit to it for 2 years? Unlike previous Galaxy models, you can't expand the memory on this one after the fact.

There are times when the cloud is inaccessible. Thus, you may later decide to load a large quantity of music and/or videos for a trip to such a location. You may also later decide to have some music content on the device since accessing local storage uses less power and does not impact your bandwidth. Space for video storage may also be important to you later...and 4K video fills storage space fairly quickly. ;)

As they say, buy once, cry once.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I too faced this same dilemma. I decided I'll be going with the 64GB version just to be one the safe side. Don't want to constantly be worrying about using up too much space each time I take a pic/record a video or download an app. But since you store your pics to the cloud and don't store music on your phone the 32GB version may fit your needs.

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Before you,load any apps, 23GB free with the 32GB model and 55GB free with the 64GB model. I have the 64GB with more than 50 GB free.

Appreciate all your input definitely helped sway my decision to go with it. Heck I have the money and am due for an upgrade, might as well haha I'm sure I won't regret it.

Definitely going to go with the 64GB as all three of you said, if I'm going to be locked in for 2+ years I don't want to have to be worrying about storage every time I do something.

Thanks all will order tomorrow!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate all your input definitely helped sway my decision to go with it. Heck I have the money and am due for an upgrade, might as well haha I'm sure I won't regret it.

Definitely going to go with the 64GB as all three of you said, if I'm going to be locked in for 2+ years I don't want to have to be worrying about storage every time I do something.

Thanks all will order tomorrow!

Heck! If money isn't an issue, go for the 128GB model.

Rim85

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got a pearl white S6 last night, the 64gb. Just in the ATT store right after set-up, google was not even loaded and sync'd , my storage 55 gb so right off the bat I lost almost 10 gb. (9.43)

Now, not even 24 hours later, with most of my apps loaded, 537 songs "downloaded" from my google music library, and ZERO pictures or videos either taken or in the gallery, I have this for storage:
Available: 46.28gb
System memory: 9.43 gb
used space: 7.44gb
cached and misc are a total of 1.3 gb

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got a pearl white S6 last night, the 64gb. Just in the ATT store right after set-up, google was not even loaded and sync'd , my storage 55 gb so right off the bat I lost almost 10 gb. (9.43)

Now, not even 24 hours later, with most of my apps loaded, 537 songs "downloaded" from my google music library, and ZERO pictures or videos either taken or in the gallery, I have this for storage:
Available: 46.28gb
System memory: 9.43 gb
used space: 7.44gb
cached and misc are a total of 1.3 gb

You can clear some cached storage to free up a tiny bit more. Do you miss the card slot?

Rim85

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I still need to load some more apps and move some things around, after that I will delete the cache, whichI usually clear 1-2 times/week, along with using App Cache Cleaner app. No, I dont miss the SD. For me, 64gb is enough and if I need more I can download to one of my WD hard drives....but I dont think I'll have that issue.

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I went with 32. I only install apps and have pictures.. Everything else I stream.

Are you finding the 32GB is sufficient enough with space?

I'm having second thoughts now on going with the 64GB, again, I have the money but just find it really hard to pay $300 for a phone on a 2 year contract even with selling my S4 to re-coop some of the cost.

I generally only install apps, store photos on the cloud and stream everything else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome