My data usage has effectively doubled in the short time I have had this phone, and I still have 8 days before it resets. I just spent an hour with an ATT rep, and the only thing he mentioned was that the default google goes to ATT/Yahoo first, and that could account for some of it.

My habits have not changed. Has anyone else noticed this?
    05-01-2015 03:06 PM
    Go into your accounts setting and see what is syncing. Samsung has a lot of their junk apps set to sync and drain your battery. Turn off the stuff you don't need or can get by with a manual sync and disable the rest of the Samsung bloatware.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-2015 03:14 PM
    Go to settings, data usage, and take a look.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-2015 03:46 PM
    Thanks! My biggest data usage was from Play Store, Amazon Music, and "Briefing", which is Flipboard. Thanks for the help, you guys. I didn't have this problem with HTC. i really miss that news program that was a part of sense.
    Almeuit likes this.
    05-01-2015 04:08 PM
    Thanks! My biggest data usage was from Play Store, Amazon Music, and "Briefing", which is Flipboard. Thanks for the help, you guys. I didn't have this problem with HTC. i really miss that news program that was a part of sense.
    It could be that you downloaded all your apps on the network. That could account for the google play usage
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-2015 04:28 PM
    I always download apps at home, but I may have forgotten to connect to wi fi the first day or so. we'll see if it continues.
    05-01-2015 07:22 PM
    Yes, I forgot to switch wifi on in the beginning too and wasted a lot of data downloading all my apps. Connecting to wifi should be one of the first things the phone should suggest after turning it on for the first time. I went over my 2 gig limit like ten days before the end of my cycle.
    Most of my data has come from videos and Facebook. I recommend regular Facebook users go into their Facebook app settings and turn off the "Video Auto-play"
    05-03-2015 04:03 PM
    Yes, I forgot to switch wifi on in the beginning too and wasted a lot of data downloading all my apps. Connecting to wifi should be one of the first things the phone should suggest after turning it on for the first time. I went over my 2 gig limit like ten days before the end of my cycle.
    Most of my data has come from videos and Facebook. I recommend regular Facebook users go into their Facebook app settings and turn off the "Video Auto-play"
    Zenman,
    I was advised (somewhere) to uninstall the Facebook app and use m.facebook.com. I think it was the Dolphin browser that recommended it.
    05-03-2015 08:11 PM
    Yes, I had the same problem. The issue we all have is that Samsung distributes the phone with no data restrictions. The big data user is the App Store for your initial downloads and the numerous updates, however, if you go to 'data usage ' at the bottom you will find 'by application' settings, tap on ' Google Play Store' and you will see 'view app settings' under the 'General' heading you will see 'auto-update app'. Tap and set it to alter update over Wi-Fi only, that should reduce your data usage by lots.

Let me know how you get on.

Cliff
    03-17-2016 11:42 PM