How is the S6 without swappable battery and non memory card?
    05-01-2015 11:07 PM
    Any phone without a removable battery or without an external SD card is off my "to be considered" list. Period. If you gave me an S6, I'd put it on Swappa without opening the box.
    KJ78 likes this.
    05-01-2015 11:13 PM
    It's a great device. I came from the Note 4 and don't miss the swappable battery nor the SD card. Opt for 64 or 128 and carry an external pack, perceived "issues" solved.

Posted via Gold 64GB Galaxy S6
    05-01-2015 11:20 PM
    Any phone without a removable battery or without an external SD card is off my "to be considered" list. Period. If you gave me an S6, I'd put it on Swappa without opening the box.
    Your choices are getting limited.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-01-2015 11:20 PM
    I've only ever used phones with a removable battery and sd card slot. I seriously thought I would miss it...especially the sd card slot and I don't. The phone is great and there are so many cloud options its ridiculous.
    05-01-2015 11:25 PM
    Its fine really. You have choices of 32, 64 or a whopping 128GB. My Galaxy Note Pro tablet has 64GB internal PLUS a 64GB SD card and there is almost nothing on the card and gobs of storage left on internal. 64GB S6 is more than enough for most people, but I got the 128.

If you can carry a spare battery around you can carry a battery pack charger, with or without wireless charging. The only real concern is having to pay Samsung a modest fee to swap your old battery out in a year or two if it wears out.
    05-01-2015 11:33 PM
    I love it. As far as memory goes i have more than enough considering i upload things to all of my cloud acciunts. And i got 100gb from microsoft for 2 years. Battery life is great im a heavy user when out annd abiut and have yet to have it die on me i always come home with half. And i stream music at work for at least 2 hours after not chsrging it since i left home. So to me people with no lives have the worse battery life.

joewoo likes this.
    05-02-2015 04:19 AM
    The S6 is a Great phone, I got the 64gb and got the 100gb free cloud from MS and I am sure I will never run out of room on this phone. For me I have been getting over a day out of the battery with low use and 20-23 hrs with medium use. I was worried about the battery and so far I am very happy with the life I am getting out of this phone. I came from a S4 and had an extended battery on that and I'm thrilled to have a normal size phone again. I did buy the zero lemon external battery and will only use that when I'm away from a charger for long periods. Love this phone..
    05-02-2015 06:02 AM
    It will be interesting to see how battery life is after a year of use.
    05-02-2015 06:14 AM
    To the OP...do you really think we needed yet another thread about these two issues? The other 5000-odd threads about this managed to leave something out you wanted to know?

05-02-2015 06:34 AM
    How is the S6 without swappable battery and non memory card?
    I was one of the card slot and swappable battery crowd but decided to step out on faith and embrace change. Whether it is permanent or not, who knows? When the base storage was only 16GB, there wasn't enough available storage left so even though it was overkill I added the maximum level supported by the device never considering alternative storage options. With my GS4, I never used very much of the card space and after a while not at all. It eventually became unusable. I got the 64GB GS6 and had 55GB free before apps and files leaving a net of 50GB, plenty of space to use and might have been fine with the base storage model. Upgrading to the GS6, as many have mentioned, there are plenty of alternatives to offload and store all those files that you have haven't accessed in ages and merely migrated from one device to the other. Sure, it's convenient and quick to swap out cards. What happens when it gets corrupted or isn't supported by the device? IMO, carry only the files you truly need and don't be a digital packrat. So far, no big deal not having it.

As far as a swappable battery is concerned, I have never had trouble with the battery on any of the Galaxy devices I have owned and have never seen in all the smartphones that I have owned since 2006 anyone swap a battery. With more energy efficient hardware and slimmer UI, which I hope go on more of a diet, I still have no need to swap batteries.

With the plethora of posts railing against the exclusion of the features, you would think that there are tens of millions unhappy. Obviously, Samsung did some research and decided to exclude them as the market segment wanting them is shrinking to,the point that they didn't include them. It's all personal preference. If you are adaptable and flexible, give it a try. You won't regret it, my opinion only. If it doesn't, get a device that does. Vote with your mind and wallet.
    05-02-2015 07:15 AM
    I'm good with it. All my focus is just on how beautiful the entire thing is. Maybe in the future some circumstances may arise that will cause me to miss them, but for now I honestly dont
    05-02-2015 07:27 AM
    What happens if the phone locks up and removing the battery and reinstalling it is the only choice you have to restart the phone? Can't do that on a phone without a removable battery
    05-02-2015 07:29 AM
    How do people that use phones from other manufactures that don't include that feature deal with it? I imagine we'll do the same
    05-02-2015 07:38 AM
    I personally have not swapped a battery in a phone in several years. My last phone was an HTC One M7 which didn't have a removable battery and I did fine. Also. I have 64GB version of the S6 and still have plenty of space for photos, mp4 files, etc. Granted, I do make use of online storage to keep most of my files and photos backed up.
    05-02-2015 08:02 AM
    I have had an S4, S5 and now the S6. With the 4 and 5, I never swapped a battery. I swapped cards from time to time, but only to transfer batches of pictures.

I don't ever see this being an issue with the S6. If it is, I will get another phone.
    05-02-2015 08:15 AM
    The size and weight more than makes up for it, loving it.

05-02-2015 08:21 AM
    I stopped swapping batteries and using SD cards a long time ago. With all the avail be cloud storage now it has not been an issue for me at all. Frankly I love not have a removable back cover. The devices feel more substantial to me. But everyone has different needs or likes. For me though I enjoy it.
    05-02-2015 08:31 AM
    I thought i would miss the removable battery. But so far Ive been getting great battery life compared to my old S4. I wasnt all that worried about the SD slot. Of course its a great thing to be able to add all the memory you want. But for me i guess i just dont put a ton of stuff on my phone like some do......
    05-02-2015 08:40 AM
    I got the 64GB GS6 and had 55GB free before apps and files leaving a net of 50GB, plenty of space to use and might have been fine with the base storage model.
    What carrier? I picked a Verizon 64GB up yesterday and it had 52.78 free to start.

05-02-2015 10:16 AM