07-28-2015 04:15 AM
64 123
tools
    I also have the Spigen clear hybrid and obliq naked shield but I just got these thin generic direct from China clear and smoke colored tpu cases for .60 each! And they are ultra grippy, cover well, doesn't effect wireless charging and have that barely their look!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails What S6 cases is everyone using?-img-20150502-wa0040.jpg   What S6 cases is everyone using?-4464.jpg   What S6 cases is everyone using?-4463.jpg  
    05-02-2015 05:34 PM
    I'm using the Ringke Flex. Awesome case, nice substantial bumper around the edges, nice rear cover to protect the back, rim to protect the camera lens, not overly intrusive on the front, where I have an Armor Suit Military Shield TPU screen protector installed. I'm big on shock absorption, and it's a good thing since I've dropped it twice already. Luckily it landed on the edge and bounced up to where I could catch it....REAL nice corner shock absorption.

I'm still waiting for the Lifeproof Fre, but I want that specifically for waterproof protection situations (beach, pool, shower, etc).
    05-02-2015 05:49 PM
    Isn't that too slippery for your? It was for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    No, actually it's not. I feel like I have a good grip on the phone.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk
    05-02-2015 05:59 PM
    I never used a case on my plastic fantastic S3 and it wasn't a big deal, although you can definitely tell it had a few miles on it with mildly scuffed and dinged corners and logos rubbing off. I could tell on day one the S6 is WAY too slippery with all the glass to be going without a case and expect it to survive. Besides which Im leasing this time so I figured I should have a little more care for it. Bought an Otterbox Commuter right away. I like it fine, but makes the phone a bit fat. May check some others out.
    05-02-2015 06:48 PM
    I have the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear with a wrist strap that is handy Love the case, and works with all wireless chargers

Here is a simple pic of it
    Attachment 174836
    I have this exact case, but it didn't come with that nice towel
    05-02-2015 06:53 PM
    I have the Spigen Liquid Crystal. It's ultra thin, and clear to show the gs6. And it was only $8 on amazon

05-02-2015 06:55 PM
    Everyone has a preference for certain cases and reasons why they work best for them. IMO, that would be great if the GS6 were all aluminum unibody or the dimpled back of days past. Since it's glass, maximum protection from a Ballisitic or Otterbox or Seidio or Spigen would seem to be in order. Gorrilla Glass 4 is scratch or break resistant not breakproof or scratchproof. I would have more confidence given the cost to replace or repair than a TPU/plastic case. I can vouch for the Defender as having a much slimmer profile than years past.
    05-02-2015 07:17 PM
    Which one is great, Spigen or Otterbox?
    05-02-2015 11:50 PM
    Which one is great, Spigen or Otterbox?
    It depends upon your perception of added dimensionality and how much cost. Spigen Urban Armor Gear looks pretty good but not a fan of the pronounced corner bumpers though that's probably where side impacts happen. The lip on the front does not seem as deep and can't tell about the camera cutout. It also is less than half the cost of the Otterbox Defender and probably competes better versus the Commuter.

Considering the front/black are glass, I like the Defender because of the deep camera cutout and the deep lip on the front as well as the uniformity of the sill one outer layer which if it gets scuffed from a fall, replacements are easy to get. In past years, if the silicone outer layer gets loose, Otterbox will generally send out a new one free. If you don't remove it often, it will probably last the time that you keep your device. The Defender is slimmer than in years past and IMO from an aesthetic pov look less bulky primarily due to the lack of corner bumpers.

05-03-2015 07:47 AM
    I'm using a Spigen Air Cushion Ultra Hybrid - Scratch Resistant Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel that I got off Amazon for 11 bucks. Case feels good in the hand and works well. What S6 cases is everyone using?-img_0007.jpgWhat S6 cases is everyone using?-img_0008.jpg
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-03-2015 08:15 AM
    I'm using a Spigen Air Cushion Ultra Hybrid - Scratch Resistant Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel that I got off Amazon for 11 bucks. Case feels good in the hand and works well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	175017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	545.0 KB 
ID:	175018
    Looks great. How deep is the display lip and the camera cutout? Are there dust covers on the USB and headphone jack? For me, cases are about function, in this case, protection, and aesthetics are secondary, especially as the GS6 doesn't have an all aluminum unibody construction. I need the confidence that a drop won't result in a spider web cracks.
    05-03-2015 09:21 AM
    It depends upon your perception of added dimensionality and how much cost. Spigen Urban Armor Gear looks pretty good but not a fan of the pronounced corner bumpers though that's probably where side impacts happen. The lip on the front does not seem as deep and can't tell about the camera cutout. It also is less than half the cost of the Otterbox Defender and probably competes better versus the Commuter.

Considering the front/black are glass, I like the Defender because of the deep camera cutout and the deep lip on the front as well as the uniformity of the sill one outer layer which if it gets scuffed from a fall, replacements are easy to get. In past years, if the silicone outer layer gets loose, Otterbox will generally send out a new one free. If you don't remove it often, it will probably last the time that you keep your device. The Defender is slimmer than in years past and IMO from an aesthetic pov look less bulky primarily due to the lack of corner bumpers.

nice video ... gotta hold your phone with a micro cloth when slapping a case on it though, this way it goes on without any fingerprinting

05-03-2015 09:40 AM
    I'm using a Spigen Air Cushion Ultra Hybrid - Scratch Resistant Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel that I got off Amazon for 11 bucks. Case feels good in the hand and works well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	175017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	545.0 KB 
ID:	175018
    looks nice ... liking the white. I had always said I'd go sapphire black, but I think the white looks really nice with that case. plus I've had a black nexus 4 and s4, maybe I'll change it up should I get the S6 (waiting for G4 to drop before making a decision)

05-03-2015 09:44 AM
    None. Not a fan of cases.
    I'm also not a fan of cases, but I had to do something to combat the slickness of the S6, both in hand and also lying flat on a smooth surface. I ended up getting the Samsung clear protective cover and it's everything I want from a case:

1) It only attaches at the corners, so all of the sides and buttons are open.

2) Since the sides are open, it adds no extra width and only tiny amount of thickness (it's flush with the camera hump).

3) The handling of the phone improved exponentially. I can now comfortably and confidently reach all corners of the screen with my thumb. Grip is now outstanding.

4) The corner of the case juts out a bit, just enough to prevent the base of my thumb from touching the edge of the screen. This was annoying when reaching the far sides of the screen because the edge touch inhibited my thumb touch. In some apps, it actually activated stuff I didn't want.

Basically, this is the case for people who don't like cases.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Protec...cUvbUpU4403785
    05-03-2015 12:20 PM
    Spigen tough armour.

05-03-2015 12:27 PM
    I'm also not a fan of cases, but I had to do something to combat the slickness of the S6, both in hand and also lying flat on a smooth surface. I ended up getting the Samsung clear protective cover and it's everything I want from a case:

1) It only attaches at the corners, so all of the sides and buttons are open.

2) Since the sides are open, it adds no extra width and only tiny amount of thickness (it's flush with the camera hump).

3) The handling of the phone improved exponentially. I can now comfortably and confidently reach all corners of the screen with my thumb. Grip is now outstanding.

4) The corner of the case juts out a bit, just enough to prevent the base of my thumb from touching the edge of the screen. This was annoying when reaching the far sides of the screen because the edge touch inhibited my thumb touch. In some apps, it actually activated stuff I didn't want.

Basically, this is the case for people who don't like cases.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Protec...cUvbUpU4403858
    I never used cases ever either. But the s6 is like holding a fish out of water without a case. So I knew I needed something. I wasnt looking for protection just something so I could hold on to the phone without it slipping out of my hand. I ordered 3 of the slimest cases I could find on amazon and after receiving them I ended up using the ringke slim. It's the thinest one and you can't even hardly tell the phone has a case . It covers sides and back and makes the phone so much better to hold in hand. I have tried lots of cases for phones in the past and always took them off with in a day because of thickness or made the phone feel funny or look ugly . But the ringke slim is the best case I have ever used for a phone . I really like it and like I said before I couldn't stand cases on my phones. It's not made for drop protection really but it's perfect if you looking for something just to cover phone so you can have good grip without adding a big ol fat ugly case that makes your phone 2 or 3 times bigger.
    05-03-2015 01:03 PM
    I never used cases ever either. But the s6 is like holding a fish out of water without a case. So I knew I needed something. I wasnt looking for protection just something so I could hold on to the phone without it slipping out of my hand. I ordered 3 of the slimest cases I could find on amazon and after receiving them I ended up using the ringke slim. It's the thinest one and you can't even hardly tell the phone has a case . It covers sides and back and makes the phone so much better to hold in hand. I have tried lots of cases for phones in the past and always took them off with in a day because of thickness or made the phone feel funny or look ugly . But the ringke slim is the best case I have ever used for a phone . I really like it and like I said before I couldn't stand cases on my phones. It's not made for drop protection really but it's perfect if you looking for something just to cover phone so you can have good grip without adding a big ol fat ugly case that makes your phone 2 or 3 times bigger.
    Yup, I've now tried about eight cases and the Ringke slim is far and away the best for all the reasons stated. Perfect fit, perfectly lined up cutouts for the phone's buttons, easy to get on and off the phone and a great texture that gives you confidence in holding this phone.
    player22 likes this.
    05-03-2015 01:12 PM
    My baby is in the UAG case clear. Gold baby

Attached Thumbnails What S6 cases is everyone using?-20150503_143332.jpg  
    05-03-2015 01:35 PM
    I went with Otterbox commuter and it fits really well but it does seem to have a bit less protection than previous variants.

05-03-2015 02:58 PM
    Spigen slim armor, also have a Tech 21, and Sammy's corner cover contraption.

Posted via Gold 64GB Galaxy S6
    05-03-2015 04:08 PM
    I bought the UAG in blue for a black S6 which I don't have yet. Figured better to have the case I want ready when I do get the phone.
    05-03-2015 04:35 PM
    I got the Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex, in gold to match my gold S6. You can get it on Amazon now for $20.99. Earlier this week when I ordered mine direct from Spigen, Amazon didn't have the gold one on their site so I paid full price from Spigen...which I'm disappointed about now.

I think the case looks pretty good. It's the first case I've bought for any phone that I've had. This case is just a bumper around the rim of it; I don't think I need any protection for the screen or back. Looks good with the case and is light enough. I think it'll do the job I want, protect it from the shock of a short fall.

What S6 cases is everyone using?-capture2.jpg
    05-03-2015 05:35 PM
    I have the Neo Hybrid CC

Posted Via Samsung Galaxy S6
    Attached Thumbnails What S6 cases is everyone using?-screenshot_2015-04-27-21-54-41.jpg  
    05-03-2015 06:44 PM
    I have the Neo Hybrid CC

Posted Via Samsung Galaxy S6
    This is a decent case as this is what I also use.
    05-03-2015 06:52 PM

Great video jcp and thank you! That definitely doesn't look as thick and bulky as I had thought.

05-03-2015 10:25 PM
64 123