What S6 cases is everyone using?

Rim85

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Casemate that was in the rack at the ATT store...works well for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ZephyrsDream

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Spigen Neo Hybrid with Mettalized Buttons in Silver.

bc1c946174c588c0d45a2c7a27c283c2.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini 2 using Tapatalk

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I also have the Spigen clear hybrid and obliq naked shield but I just got these thin generic direct from China clear and smoke colored tpu cases for .60 each! And they are ultra grippy, cover well, doesn't effect wireless charging and have that barely their look!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Attachments

• IMG-20150502-WA0040.jpg
    IMG-20150502-WA0040.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 4464.jpg
    4464.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 4463.jpg
    4463.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Ringke Flex. Awesome case, nice substantial bumper around the edges, nice rear cover to protect the back, rim to protect the camera lens, not overly intrusive on the front, where I have an Armor Suit Military Shield TPU screen protector installed. I'm big on shock absorption, and it's a good thing since I've dropped it twice already. Luckily it landed on the edge and bounced up to where I could catch it....REAL nice corner shock absorption. :)

I'm still waiting for the Lifeproof Fre, but I want that specifically for waterproof protection situations (beach, pool, shower, etc).

Bradskey

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I never used a case on my plastic fantastic S3 and it wasn't a big deal, although you can definitely tell it had a few miles on it with mildly scuffed and dinged corners and logos rubbing off. I could tell on day one the S6 is WAY too slippery with all the glass to be going without a case and expect it to survive. Besides which Im leasing this time so I figured I should have a little more care for it. Bought an Otterbox Commuter right away. I like it fine, but makes the phone a bit fat. May check some others out.

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the Spigen Liquid Crystal. It's ultra thin, and clear to show the gs6. And it was only $8 on amazon

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has a preference for certain cases and reasons why they work best for them. IMO, that would be great if the GS6 were all aluminum unibody or the dimpled back of days past. Since it's glass, maximum protection from a Ballisitic or Otterbox or Seidio or Spigen would seem to be in order. Gorrilla Glass 4 is scratch or break resistant not breakproof or scratchproof. I would have more confidence given the cost to replace or repair than a TPU/plastic case. I can vouch for the Defender as having a much slimmer profile than years past.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Which one is great, Spigen or Otterbox?

It depends upon your perception of added dimensionality and how much cost. Spigen Urban Armor Gear looks pretty good but not a fan of the pronounced corner bumpers though that's probably where side impacts happen. The lip on the front does not seem as deep and can't tell about the camera cutout. It also is less than half the cost of the Otterbox Defender and probably competes better versus the Commuter.

Considering the front/black are glass, I like the Defender because of the deep camera cutout and the deep lip on the front as well as the uniformity of the sill one outer layer which if it gets scuffed from a fall, replacements are easy to get. In past years, if the silicone outer layer gets loose, Otterbox will generally send out a new one free. If you don't remove it often, it will probably last the time that you keep your device. The Defender is slimmer than in years past and IMO from an aesthetic pov look less bulky primarily due to the lack of corner bumpers.

http://youtu.be/1Gp2R_XNB-4

Markisss88

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Spigen Air Cushion Ultra Hybrid - Scratch Resistant Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel that I got off Amazon for 11 bucks. Case feels good in the hand and works well. IMG_0007.jpgIMG_0008.jpg

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Spigen Air Cushion Ultra Hybrid - Scratch Resistant Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel that I got off Amazon for 11 bucks. Case feels good in the hand and works well. View attachment 175017View attachment 175018

Looks great. How deep is the display lip and the camera cutout? Are there dust covers on the USB and headphone jack? For me, cases are about function, in this case, protection, and aesthetics are secondary, especially as the GS6 doesn't have an all aluminum unibody construction. I need the confidence that a drop won't result in a spider web cracks.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It depends upon your perception of added dimensionality and how much cost. Spigen Urban Armor Gear looks pretty good but not a fan of the pronounced corner bumpers though that's probably where side impacts happen. The lip on the front does not seem as deep and can't tell about the camera cutout. It also is less than half the cost of the Otterbox Defender and probably competes better versus the Commuter.

Considering the front/black are glass, I like the Defender because of the deep camera cutout and the deep lip on the front as well as the uniformity of the sill one outer layer which if it gets scuffed from a fall, replacements are easy to get. In past years, if the silicone outer layer gets loose, Otterbox will generally send out a new one free. If you don't remove it often, it will probably last the time that you keep your device. The Defender is slimmer than in years past and IMO from an aesthetic pov look less bulky primarily due to the lack of corner bumpers.

http://youtu.be/1Gp2R_XNB-4

nice video ... gotta hold your phone with a micro cloth when slapping a case on it though, this way it goes on without any fingerprinting

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Spigen Air Cushion Ultra Hybrid - Scratch Resistant Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel that I got off Amazon for 11 bucks. Case feels good in the hand and works well. View attachment 175017View attachment 175018

looks nice ... liking the white. I had always said I'd go sapphire black, but I think the white looks really nice with that case. plus I've had a black nexus 4 and s4, maybe I'll change it up should I get the S6 (waiting for G4 to drop before making a decision)

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
None. Not a fan of cases.
I'm also not a fan of cases, but I had to do something to combat the slickness of the S6, both in hand and also lying flat on a smooth surface. I ended up getting the Samsung clear protective cover and it's everything I want from a case:

1) It only attaches at the corners, so all of the sides and buttons are open.

2) Since the sides are open, it adds no extra width and only tiny amount of thickness (it's flush with the camera hump).

3) The handling of the phone improved exponentially. I can now comfortably and confidently reach all corners of the screen with my thumb. Grip is now outstanding.

4) The corner of the case juts out a bit, just enough to prevent the base of my thumb from touching the edge of the screen. This was annoying when reaching the far sides of the screen because the edge touch inhibited my thumb touch. In some apps, it actually activated stuff I didn't want.

Basically, this is the case for people who don't like cases.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Prote...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4403785