What S6 cases is everyone using?

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm also not a fan of cases, but I had to do something to combat the slickness of the S6, both in hand and also lying flat on a smooth surface. I ended up getting the Samsung clear protective cover and it's everything I want from a case:

1) It only attaches at the corners, so all of the sides and buttons are open.

2) Since the sides are open, it adds no extra width and only tiny amount of thickness (it's flush with the camera hump).

3) The handling of the phone improved exponentially. I can now comfortably and confidently reach all corners of the screen with my thumb. Grip is now outstanding.

4) The corner of the case juts out a bit, just enough to prevent the base of my thumb from touching the edge of the screen. This was annoying when reaching the far sides of the screen because the edge touch inhibited my thumb touch. In some apps, it actually activated stuff I didn't want.

Basically, this is the case for people who don't like cases.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Prote...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4403858
I never used cases ever either. But the s6 is like holding a fish out of water without a case. So I knew I needed something. I wasnt looking for protection just something so I could hold on to the phone without it slipping out of my hand. I ordered 3 of the slimest cases I could find on amazon and after receiving them I ended up using the ringke slim. It's the thinest one and you can't even hardly tell the phone has a case . It covers sides and back and makes the phone so much better to hold in hand. I have tried lots of cases for phones in the past and always took them off with in a day because of thickness or made the phone feel funny or look ugly . But the ringke slim is the best case I have ever used for a phone . I really like it and like I said before I couldn't stand cases on my phones. It's not made for drop protection really but it's perfect if you looking for something just to cover phone so you can have good grip without adding a big ol fat ugly case that makes your phone 2 or 3 times bigger.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I never used cases ever either. But the s6 is like holding a fish out of water without a case. So I knew I needed something. I wasnt looking for protection just something so I could hold on to the phone without it slipping out of my hand. I ordered 3 of the slimest cases I could find on amazon and after receiving them I ended up using the ringke slim. It's the thinest one and you can't even hardly tell the phone has a case . It covers sides and back and makes the phone so much better to hold in hand. I have tried lots of cases for phones in the past and always took them off with in a day because of thickness or made the phone feel funny or look ugly . But the ringke slim is the best case I have ever used for a phone . I really like it and like I said before I couldn't stand cases on my phones. It's not made for drop protection really but it's perfect if you looking for something just to cover phone so you can have good grip without adding a big ol fat ugly case that makes your phone 2 or 3 times bigger.

Yup, I've now tried about eight cases and the Ringke slim is far and away the best for all the reasons stated. Perfect fit, perfectly lined up cutouts for the phone's buttons, easy to get on and off the phone and a great texture that gives you confidence in holding this phone.

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
My baby is in the UAG case clear. Gold baby

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20150503_143332.jpg
    20150503_143332.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 59

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I went with Otterbox commuter and it fits really well but it does seem to have a bit less protection than previous variants.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought the UAG in blue for a black S6 which I don't have yet. Figured better to have the case I want ready when I do get the phone.

SlamTheDoor

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I got the Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex, in gold to match my gold S6. You can get it on Amazon now for $20.99. Earlier this week when I ordered mine direct from Spigen, Amazon didn't have the gold one on their site so I paid full price from Spigen...which I'm disappointed about now.

I think the case looks pretty good. It's the first case I've bought for any phone that I've had. This case is just a bumper around the rim of it; I don't think I need any protection for the screen or back. Looks good with the case and is light enough. I think it'll do the job I want, protect it from the shock of a short fall.

Capture2.JPG

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It depends upon your perception of added dimensionality and how much cost. Spigen Urban Armor Gear looks pretty good but not a fan of the pronounced corner bumpers though that's probably where side impacts happen. The lip on the front does not seem as deep and can't tell about the camera cutout. It also is less than half the cost of the Otterbox Defender and probably competes better versus the Commuter.

Considering the front/black are glass, I like the Defender because of the deep camera cutout and the deep lip on the front as well as the uniformity of the sill one outer layer which if it gets scuffed from a fall, replacements are easy to get. In past years, if the silicone outer layer gets loose, Otterbox will generally send out a new one free. If you don't remove it often, it will probably last the time that you keep your device. The Defender is slimmer than in years past and IMO from an aesthetic pov look less bulky primarily due to the lack of corner bumpers.

http://youtu.be/1Gp2R_XNB-4

Great video jcp and thank you! That definitely doesn't look as thick and bulky as I had thought.

kyle.brown

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Spigen Case Slim Armor CS for the credit cards and love it. I also have both the Neo Hybrid and Neo Hybrid Metal. Quick question is there a simple way to get the Neo Hybrid case off.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Great video jcp and thank you! That definitely doesn't look as thick and bulky as I had thought.

You can thank Samsung and Otterbox as the GS6 itself is slimmed down and the outer layer is more dense and compact.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Patrick Bateman II

May 4, 2015
Visit site
After trying out a dozen at BB, I ended up getting the cheap Insignia rubber Clear case which had everything I wanted in a case. It adds minimal size, yet protective, soft and "grippy" while still easily sliding in and out of my pocket, and it is clear which allows the phone to show through. Or I can slip any picture on the back if I wanted. $14

They also had colored ones, but those were more "plastic" feeling and no grip.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz