I need a simple and free way to get my music from itunes on my mac and onto my s6 edge
    05-02-2015 10:01 AM
    When I first switched from iPhone to Android, all I did was.

1. Navigate to iTunes media file containing my music

2. Connect Android to PC

3. Creates folder on Android called MUSIC

4. Copied music over, when asked if there want to covert, I selected yes to all

It was much easier then I thought. I am all about my music, one of my fears upon switching was losing all the music I purchased from iTunes, but is was so easy.

You may need to google how to navigate to iTunes music depending on the operating system you are using.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-02-2015 10:12 AM
    only one problem, im on mac, that doesnt work there
    05-02-2015 10:13 AM
    only one problem, im on mac, that doesnt work there
    Give this a try. Its from Android Central
    Hopefully it will point you in the proper direction.

How to get your iTunes music onto Android http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ge...c-your-android

05-02-2015 10:18 AM
    Mike... by copying and pasting... does that eliminate the DRM protection issue? When I've used iSyncr or Doubletwist... DRM protected music won't copy over.
    05-02-2015 10:30 AM
    already did, no luck
    05-02-2015 10:32 AM
    Mike... does the copy & paste method eliminate the DRM protected files problem? When I've used iSyner or Doubletwist in the past... DRM files won't be copied over. Thanks.
    05-02-2015 10:32 AM
    already did, no luck
    What is happening? Are you getting an error message? Can you not locate certain files. A little more detail of what is happening might help one of us here to assist you a bit more.

05-02-2015 10:41 AM
    oh and i have like 3000 songs, i think some softwares limit this
    05-02-2015 10:50 AM
    "Could not connect to device. Try connecting or restarting your device."
    this is exactly what it says
    05-02-2015 12:27 PM
    "Could not connect to device. Try connecting or restarting your device."
    this is exactly what it says
    If you're using Android File Transfer and getting that error, "Could not connect to device...", try restarting your Mac with the phone still connected via usb. AFT can be a little temperamental with later versions of OSX and a restart while connected will usually correct the connection.
    05-02-2015 01:59 PM
    Mike... does the copy & paste method eliminate the DRM protected files problem? When I've used iSyner or Doubletwist in the past... DRM files won't be copied over. Thanks.
    No it won't. The only way you're going to be able to use those songs is to purchase the DRM free version.
    05-02-2015 02:02 PM
    I have yet to have any issues copy and pasting my music. I still use iTunes and Google Play to purchase music...I typically download 2-3 albums a week...I have thousands of songs..

When I buy from iTunes and copy to android I have had 100% sucess rate

When I buy from Google Play, download locally to my PC them drag and drop to iTunes (I ensure all my music is in iTunes, google play music, locally to my phone and a USB drive) with this method I have also had 100% success rate

05-02-2015 02:08 PM
    I need a simple and free way to get my music from itunes on my mac and onto my s6 edge
    Have you tried installing Samsung Smart Switch for Mac, and use it to transfer everything?

Look for the information and links here, I posted that a couple of weeks ago, or google it.
    05-02-2015 05:13 PM
    I don't use iTunes, but doesn't Google Play Music Manager offer an option to pull your music out of iTunes and upload into Google Play?
    05-02-2015 05:45 PM
    on a mac, download and install smart switch
    open smartswitch with your samsung connected by USB
    double click the blue folder icon next to where it says internal memory on the smartswitch home screen
    then open the Music folder
    open a finder window on your mac & got to Itunes>music & select the folders of albums you want to transfer
    drag them into the open Music folder of smartswitch
    Bingo
    06-27-2015 10:53 AM
    Install the Google music uploader and have it sync iTunes library. Then one it's done you can stream all your music! No need to waste space.
    06-27-2015 05:32 PM
    Here's another Mac transfer option.

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

06-28-2015 07:22 PM
    Install the Google music uploader and have it sync iTunes library. Then one it's done you can stream all your music! No need to waste space.
    If iTunes is similar to 7 Digital, be careful about not storing locally. I tried to download an album last week from my personal storage area, but it was inaccessible. Apparently, record companies can order digital music vendors to completely remove any files without notice, even in personal storage areas that contain purchased files. I personally consider that to be the same as theft as it's like taking a CD off someone because the shop they bought it from is no longer under contract with the record company.
    08-03-2015 03:43 AM
    I have yet to have any issues copy and pasting my music. I still use iTunes and Google Play to purchase music...I typically download 2-3 albums a week...I have thousands of songs..

When I buy from iTunes and copy to android I have had 100% sucess rate

When I buy from Google Play, download locally to my PC them drag and drop to iTunes (I ensure all my music is in iTunes, google play music, locally to my phone and a USB drive) with this method I have also had 100% success rate

Are you an iTunes match subscriber, this may be why it works from you and not others.
    08-05-2015 11:55 AM