I've had my SG6 for 4 days or so and yesterday I noticed that my received texts (using stock message app) have been disappearing. It will show a notification either on the lock screen or active screen and sometimes shows up momentarily upon opening the text but then disappears. I don't think it started happening until yesterday. Does anyone know how I may resolve this?

I've noticed it happening when connecting to WiFi if that matters.
    05-02-2015 10:07 AM
    I checked my GS6E and couldn't replicate your issue.
    Help needed: Disappearing SMS-1430579857500.jpg
    Unless you exceed the numbers on the screenshot, I'm not sure what the problem is.
    But I'll keep looking and will ask around.

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-02-2015 10:19 AM
    First check your settings. There's an option to automatically delete messages after a certain amount. Also make sure the stock messenger is set as default. Hope this helps ☺

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-02-2015 10:45 AM
    Update: Settings we're triple checked and all is set appropriately. It also happens when not connected to wifi. I have att. Should I try calling them?
    05-02-2015 01:23 PM
    Update: Settings we're triple checked and all is set appropriately. It also happens when not connected to wifi. I have att. Should I try calling them?
    Your first post said you get a notification that a new message arrived, but I didn't see that you confirmed that the notification is coming from the stock messaging app.

My guess is that LamarG757 is right about the default messaging app. I remember on my S4 that at one point, near the beginning of when I had the phone, that Hangouts overtook Messaging as the default app. It took me a bit to figure out what happened, but once I reset it, all was right with the world.

Go into your SETTINGS > DEVICE TAB > APPLICATIONS > DEFAULT APPLICATIONS and make sure at the top that "Messages" is the small print under "MESSAGES" as the default app (see image below):

05-02-2015 01:31 PM
    The default message app is definitely set to Messages.
    05-02-2015 01:39 PM
    So just to keep digging ... are you getting a notification in the status/notification bar? If so, is it the icon from the messages app? Or are you only getting the notification when you pull down, and/or when you are on your lock screen and it shows up on there?

I have never seen where you actually get the message, but it "deletes itself" - regardless of the app you're using.
    05-02-2015 01:43 PM
    I get notifications in the notification bar, pull down, lock screen and all show the messages app icon. It also usually shows a preview of the message on the main messages screen when viewing all messages but then the individual SMS disappears upon opening the message.

This is only happening sporadically- some messages come through and remain visible. It only happens with messages received.

It seems there may be a problem with ATT Messages Backup and Sync that could be causing it. I'll see if that makes any difference.
    05-02-2015 02:32 PM
    that was my next thought ... diasbling the message backup to the cloud
    05-02-2015 02:36 PM
    Update: Disabling ATT Backup and Sync seems to have resolved the problem. Thanks for your help everyone!
    05-04-2015 09:27 AM
    Update: Disabling ATT Backup and Sync seems to have resolved the problem. Thanks for your help everyone!
    Glad to know you have solved the issue for now (even if it is a "workaround") ... but I would hope that whatever the issue really is, gets resolved so that if you did choose to have your SMS/MMS stuff backed up to the cloud, you can do that.
    05-04-2015 09:44 AM